The Queen of the South thread

Guest Flash

In case anybody hasn’t seen it yet, the SPFL have released some details about the Challenge Cup final. I think the stand we’re in holds about 3,500. I’m guessing they will give us some of the north stand as well if we sell out. Clubs will announce details of ticket sales in due course.

Raith Rovers supporters will be allocated the East and South Stands for the 4.15pm kick-off, while Queen of the South fans will be allocated the entire Main Stand.
PRICING
• £15 Adult
• £10 Concession (over 65s & students)
• £5 Concession (juveniles aged 12-16)
• Under 12s - free of charge

Details

15 hours ago, Flash said:

In case anybody hasn’t seen it yet, the SPFL have released some details about the Challenge Cup final. I think the stand we’re in holds about 3,500. I’m guessing they will give us some of the north stand as well if we sell out. Clubs will announce details of ticket sales in due course.

Raith Rovers supporters will be allocated the East and South Stands for the 4.15pm kick-off, while Queen of the South fans will be allocated the entire Main Stand.
PRICING
• £15 Adult

Details

Would be surprised if we sell that many but would be very happy of we did, last Final when we were going for league and Cup double we managed just over 3000 fans. 

9 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Would be surprised if we sell that many but would be very happy of we did, last Final when we were going for league and Cup double we managed just over 3000 fans. 

Can't see us taking over 3k this time, hope I'm wrong though. Will depend on the league form, if we get cut adrift then we won't take many.

Can't see us taking over 3k this time, hope I'm wrong though. Will depend on the league form, if we get cut adrift then we won't take many.

Aye I think this could be one of the lowest attended finals in years given the Ugly Sisters are playing the same day.

The venue, the stupid o'clock kick off time on a Sunday, the fact that it's on BBC Teuchter, and the feeling that it's probably the least important remaining game of the season makes it all seem more of a chore than a special occasion.

PRICING
• £15 Adult
Details

No date change? Disappointing.

It's been a largely disappointing and frustrating season, we've shown slight signs of improvement, now we're in a Cup Final (ok it's the diddy Final), you would think that would maybe be enough to  cheer up the supporters and give them something positive to focus on, instead we're hearing moans about the venue, the day and ko time, etc. Irrespective of when and where the Final was scheduled for it probably wouldn't suit some supporters, can we not maybe just try and enjoy the occasion

It's been a largely disappointing and frustrating season, we've shown slight signs of improvement, now we're in a Cup Final (ok it's the diddy Final), you would think that would maybe be enough to  cheer up the supporters and give them something positive to focus on, instead we're hearing moans about the venue, the day and ko time, etc. Irrespective of when and where the Final was scheduled for it probably wouldn't suit some supporters, can we not maybe just try and enjoy the occasion

I would probably be more enthusiastic if we were sitting 5th or 6th. The reality of the situation though makes me not care a jot about this final. As I've said already, if we go down, winning the Challenge Cup will be of absolutely no consolation.

I'll be excited for the game once it kicks off but I won't be arsed before that.

23 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I would probably be more enthusiastic if we were sitting 5th or 6th. The reality of the situation though makes me not care a jot about this final. As I've said already, if we go down, winning the Challenge Cup will be of absolutely no consolation.

I'll be excited for the game once it kicks off but I won't be arsed before that.

Have to agree with 19QOS19 here - usually I love these uber-Diddy occasions, but if we win this time and also slip through the trapdoor to the seaside leagues then it would be the ultimate hollow victory.

Compare this to the last Diddy final win over Thistle when we were romping L1 and on a real high and along came the Diddy final with a chance to do one over a higher league side - was a real buzz.  Polar opposite this year, sadly.

25 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm just taking it as an occasion on its own away from league pressure to, hopefully, give everyone a bit of a lift if we win it. Obviously if we're relegated it would overshadow everything else but for one day I can forget about our Championship troubles for a day out supporting Queens. 

On 08/03/2022 at 15:51, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Still think it should've been a yellow top and blue shorts ... to pay homage to those poor folk in Ukraine ... probably in a minority of one though ...

6 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Still think it should've been a yellow top and blue shorts ... to pay homage to those poor folk in Ukraine ... probably in a minority of one though ...

No, you're not. I'm a firm believer that in terms of branding we should stick with a yellow and blue away strip so blue, yellow and white are recognised as Queens colours. As they are on many scarves etc. 

That said, I thought Morton's 3rd kit quite cool. A variation on the same colours. We could come up with numerous creative options....

Edited by louisxiv

5 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'm just taking it as an occasion on its own away from league pressure to, hopefully, give everyone a bit of a lift if we win it. Obviously if we're relegated it would overshadow everything else but for one day I can forget about our Championship troubles for a day out supporting Queens. 

Yeah this. The whole “we’re doing shit in the league so I’m no interested” is a load of bull. 

Yeah this. The whole “we’re doing shit in the league so I’m no interested” is a load of bull. 

It's not bull, it's showing folk's priorities. As I say, winning the diddy cup will count for nothing if we go down.