The Queen of the South thread

Thought that myself. Have the BoD told him to do that or has Wullie got his finger on the pulse and knows it's a simple thing like that that the fans want to see? Either way, far far better.

I think it’ll be Willie of his own back, he’s on social media so would have saw the moaning about lack of info and he’s not daft. Doing something so simple winning folk/getting fans onside

9 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Will Johnston's boy be staying on? If Wullie has the authority the first thing he should do is punt the two Motherwell loanees back to their club. Did Allan Johnstone actually see O'Connor play before he brought him in on loan, if he did then surely even he couldn't have thought that O'Connor would strengthen the defence. 

Why would Johnston's boy not be staying on? Am I missing something here? Don't think the other loan players will go back although may be an idea

Well how does everyone think we will line up against Arbroath. Possibly Connelly back according to the update. I would like to see us go 4-4-2. Wullie should play himself in centre midfield to give us that experience in the middle of the park is were Arbroath are strong with Low pulling the strings. Liddle, McGrory and Gordon would be fighting for the other jersey I would think. Although I would be tempted to play Gordon or Paton on the right of the 4 with Todd on the left. O'Connor had a better game against Morton but his passing is poor. Just get him to defend and clear our lines. East has done well for me at the back. But I think him and Cooper is to weak. I would possibly put Debayo in instead of Cooper die more to his physical presence. If Connelly is not fit then play either Roy/Paton upfront. Neither have had a chance in a front 2 under our previous manager. 

Tough to disagree with much of this.

I'm very curious to see what Gibson does differently tactically.

Well how does everyone think we will line up against Arbroath. Possibly Connelly back according to the update. I would like to see us go 4-4-2. Wullie should play himself in centre midfield to give us that experience in the middle of the park is were Arbroath are strong with Low pulling the strings. Liddle, McGrory and Gordon would be fighting for the other jersey I would think. Although I would be tempted to play Gordon or Paton on the right of the 4 with Todd on the left. O'Connor had a better game against Morton but his passing is poor. Just get him to defend and clear our lines. East has done well for me at the back. But I think him and Cooper is to weak. I would possibly put Debayo in instead of Cooper die more to his physical presence. If Connelly is not fit then play either Roy/Paton upfront. Neither have had a chance in a front 2 under our previous manager. 

I see Finlay Jack will be leaving the commentary role after Saturday. Personally I thought he was one of if not the best commentator in the division. He did get excitable at times if QoS were close to scoring (who wouldn't given how rare it is?) but I thought he was always balanced and fair overall. He showed a sound knowledge of the opposition as well.

No idea if he frequents PnB but all the best if you do read, Finlay.

Personally I wouldn’t have O’Connor, Liddle or Gordon in the team. I would also play Wullie back at right back. Debayo, although he has a mistake in him, is otherwise decent compared to our other defensive options so would bring him in at left back and push Cooper into left mid.
4-4-2

Rae
Gibson. Nditi. East. Debayo
Paton McGrory. Todd. Cooper
Connolly. Cameron

31 minutes ago, sidofthesouth said:

Personally I wouldn’t have O’Connor, Liddle or Gordon in the team. I would also play Wullie back at right back. Debayo, although he has a mistake in him, is otherwise decent compared to our other defensive options so would bring him in at left back and push Cooper into left mid.
4-4-2

Rae
Gibson. Nditi. East. Debayo
Paton McGrory. Todd. Cooper
Connolly. Cameron

Great minds think alike (ahem!). This is the team I wrote down earlier after reading Manwithnoball's post. I put O’Connor in because I got the impression that Nditi wasn't going to recover in time. I think Gibson should play RB and try and give guidance to the young back line. As long as he tells Debayo not to start chipping balls up in the general direction of Cameron!

1 hour ago, ALOREBURNE said:

42 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Exactly how I feel about it as well. Ideal candidate to assist Wullie, but absolutely should not be in consideration for the main job. 

15 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

14 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

13 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Exactly how I feel about it as well. Ideal candidate to assist Wullie, but absolutely should not be in consideration for the main job. 

Wouldn't be against him coming in to assist Wullie till end of the season.... Good experienced coach that has done well with young players in the past. Only drawback he is helping his good pal Yogi at Pars the now. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

On 13/02/2022 at 14:26, virginton said:

Four points behind Dunfermline and the play-off candidates from the division below are hardly formidable. It's certainly needing snookers territory to get out of the bottom two - 8th could well take over 40 points on current form. 

Without adjusting for recent form (since a reversion to the mean is likely*), it’s looking more like the usual 38-39 to safely take eighth. With 12 to play, that would require around 20 points for them, or about 1.67 per match…which is a better rate than anyone but Arbroath or Killie this season.

*For that matter, Morton is really the only team with a significant change in PPG during this season.

A reversion to the (utterly dung) mean of the first half of the season is not likely at all for bottom half sides, because most of the teams have improved substantially. Above all, by emptying their managers.

The days of a distinct top 5/bottom 5 in terms of weekly results are and will remain over. Not least considering that Inverness and Raith are reverting to a very different mean than the title challenge they hoped for. 

38-39 points will not be enough with the regularity that so-called promotion candidates are handing over points to just about every team in the bottom half. 

Edited by vikingTON