The Queen of the South thread

2 hours ago, FrankReynolds said:

That’s your own fault for not checking the club website and relying on Facebook. 

I'm fairly sure that when the ballots were operating during the summer I received an email because I had a season ticket. I, wrongly, assumed that would also be the case this time round. I will set up for alert as suggested above.

1 hour ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Facebook has a much more wider reach. Not really my fault, disappointing to see it on one social media platform but not the other 🤦🏻‍♂️

Depends what you call reach, I guess. I mean technically its wrong as anyone with internet access can visit the website but you need internet access and a Facebook account to see posts on Facebook. You're also at the mercy of Facebooks algorithms as to whether you see posts or not but it does have the benefit of putting content in front of people without them having to choose to go to the website.

In actual terms, its pretty difficult to compare. Some facebook pages get thousands of views, some nowhere near that. The website has anywhere between a few hundred and a few thousand hits a day.

As it turns out, the posts were on Facebook but Facebook had set them to hidden so only page admins could see them. That should be sorted going forward though

Didn't the Queen Of The South Supporters Liaison Committee have a lot to do with the last restricted attendance matches. I'm sure they will be a big miss in liaising between the club and fans until unrestricted attendances are back. Were they not very much hands on organising, arranging and on the day itself?

2 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Facebook has a much more wider reach. Not really my fault, disappointing to see it on one social media platform but not the other 🤦🏻‍♂️

To be fair to the powers that be, there is an official QOS Facebook page.  (2) Queen of the South FC | Facebook   However, it doesn't appear to have much of a presence.  Notice was also provided on Twitter. 

The reality is that a lot of long-standing ST holders won't use Twitter and, if they use Facebook, are likely to use the fans' Facebook pages.  The page I follow (The unofficial Queen of the South Facebook site) had no mention of the ballot.  The fact that the folk who manage that page don't link to the official Facebook site should be a concern for the Club.  The recent decision of the SLO committee to resign en masse is another sign of the disconnect between the fans and the Club.

As a season ticket holder I would have expected an e-mail about the ballot.  That suggests that the Club does not have a database which would enable them to contact us en mass

10 hours ago, Parttimesupporter said:

To be fair to the powers that be, there is an official QOS Facebook page.  (2) Queen of the South FC | Facebook   However, it doesn't appear to have much of a presence.  Notice was also provided on Twitter. 

The reality is that a lot of long-standing ST holders won't use Twitter and, if they use Facebook, are likely to use the fans' Facebook pages.  The page I follow (The unofficial Queen of the South Facebook site) had no mention of the ballot.  The fact that the folk who manage that page don't link to the official Facebook site should be a concern for the Club.  The recent decision of the SLO committee to resign en masse is another sign of the disconnect between the fans and the Club.

As a season ticket holder I would have expected an e-mail about the ballot.  That suggests that the Club does not have a database which would enable them to contact us en mass

Both SLO’s social media pages were great ways of finding out what was going on as everything was shared on them regularly but they’ve unfortunately now gone 😕 

9 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Both SLO’s social media pages were great ways of finding out what was going on as everything was shared on them regularly but they’ve unfortunately now gone 😕 

Surely the obvious source for official club information is the QOS website. A clear message was delivered very promptly by the club outlining the creation of a ballot and the relevant qualifying criteria. A reminder of the ballot deadline was also communicated on the website a few days after the initial announcement. 

The admin associated with this nonsensical Scottish Govt decision means that clubs have to incur unnecessary cost, deploy staff/volunteers over festive period to devise ballot procedures, allocate seats, incur additional stewarding/policing costs for zero income benefit.

Queens have decided to take the “hit” on the chin and let fans in unlike say Dunfermline who have looked at the situation on a pure cost:benefit scenario. I fail to see where a communication breakdown exists here.

11 minutes ago, Brother Grimm said:

Brynn is the better keeper, would rather he stayed. 

Maybe its a cost thing. I've absolutely no idea who pays loanees wages, but if our own keeper is fit we could possibly put any money saved by letting Brynn go on other January targets. Brynn has been good for us on the whole but Id rather see our own keeper who I think is more than capable,  getting in ahead of a loanee.

Maybe Brynn has had some input on the decision to return, he's bound to do a bit of travelling to play here.

Plus frees up wages for us elsewhere too.

Aye am not too bothered about this. Not in same way I was when McCrorie left.

Maybe its a cost thing. I've absolutely no idea who pays loanees wages, but if our own keeper is fit we could possibly put any money saved by letting Brynn go on other January targets. Brynn has been good for us on the whole but Id rather see our own keeper who I think is more than capable,  getting in ahead of a loanee.
Maybe Brynn has had some input on the decision to return, he's bound to do a bit of travelling to play here.

1 hour ago, Homer Thompson said:

Theres a ticket update on the website

https://www.qosfc.com/news-5624

and probably on social media too

Just read the update on the OS. It seems a strange one to me, it's no longer a ballot apparently as it says all season ticket holders applying in the original ballot are guaranteed a ticket to attend the game plus any season ticket holders who missed the original ballot can apply and will be guaranteed a ticket (subject to checks on their application). Tickets to non-season  ticket holders are also now on general sale, I'm not sure how the club can guarantee everyone entry with a limit of 500 ( probably nearer 400 actual spectators) when they don't know how many more season ticket holders or general sale customers will apply.  Or maybe I've misread the whole thing. Are our season ticket sales well below the 500 mark?

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Just read the update on the OS. It seems a strange one to me, it's no longer a ballot apparently as it says all season ticket holders applying in the original ballot are guaranteed a ticket to attend the game plus any season ticket holders who missed the original ballot can apply and will be guaranteed a ticket (subject to checks on their application). Tickets to non-season  ticket holders are also now on general sale, I'm not sure how the club can guarantee everyone entry with a limit of 500 ( probably nearer 400 actual spectators) when they don't know how many more season ticket holders or general sale customers will apply.  Or maybe I've misread the whole thing. Are our season ticket sales well below the 500 mark?

Well, if there are 200 tickets still available, to pick a number randomly, it doesnt matter if the other 300 are season ticket holders or general sale tickets. Once all 300 are gone the season ticket "ballot" and the general sale will close.

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

500 fans other people in ground don't count in the numbers 

5 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Sol's been staying in a flat in Hamilton with Ben Liddle while playing for us. If he is going back, it won't be because he wants to. He's enjoying it here. Clearly he's a Middlesbrough player though, it's their call.

3 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

As @Homer Thompson said, it will simply be monitored to the point when we reach 500 and then the option to both buy or book a season ticket spot will be pulled at the same time. If we reach it. We've been barely reaching 900 some weeks even with away support with lots of people still choosing to stream never mind the clearly additional concerns of the latest Covid variant. It may be enough people will be reluctant to attend / shielding / isolating, happy to watch the stream, that we don't reach 500. Our adult season ticket sales are well below 500 certainly. We have a lot of pensioners (more likely to be uncomfortable to attend in person) and kids (effectively barred u14 unless parent also has a season ticket). My own son regularly goes with his friends and they are all 11 or 12 and get dropped off at the stadium by parents and picked up again at the end. He'll go with me on Sunday if he wants to but his pals won't be able to go as their parents aren't season ticket holders.

17 minutes ago, JessieField said:

When will we hear if the Hamilton game's on?

At this stage no reason to believe it won't be. Hamilton have not so far indicated Sunday will be an issue and our positives and close contacts from last week should be out of isolation across Thursday - Saturday. Of course either side could have more positives this week. As we've seen across all Leagues, at this stage every game is in doubt till the testing is done on the day of the game!