The Queen of the South thread

Didn't watch the game but from reports great performance across the board.

That's all supporters ask for, desire and having a crack for the full 90 minutes.

There is no doubt this squad can beat anyone on any given day.

I was expecting an even shittier spectacle than the last Queens game I was at, the 0-1 to Dundee just before the first lockdown, but that was an excellent performance. A few more goals would have been even more of a confidence boost. I thought Holt, East and baby Johnston were all excellent, and Cameron was very good too. I'd like to see him back at Rugby Park next season for sure. It has to be said that Ayr were chronic, but that doesn't detract from your guys at all.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

I was expecting an even shittier spectacle than the last Queens game I was at, the 0-1 to Dundee just before the first lockdown, but that was an excellent performance. A few more goals would have been even more of a confidence boost. I thought Holt, East and baby Johnston were all excellent, and Cameron was very good too. I'd like to see him back at Rugby Park next season for sure. It has to be said that Ayr were chronic, but that doesn't detract from your guys at all.

Who’s Holt? 

Cameron kept his beet performance of the season for last season. Before that he's looked ok-ish on a rare occasion and predominantly looked like an utter carthorse. I'm hoping he kicks on after a very good performance yesterday though.

3 hours ago, FrankReynolds said:

Who’s Holt? 

To be fair Bad Wolf's a Killie fan so wouldn't be that familiar with our players. Given that he was highlighting who had been our best, I figured he meant Todd. Could be wrong though.

32 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Cameron kept his beet performance of the season for last season. Before that he's looked ok-ish on a rare occasion and predominantly looked like an utter carthorse. I'm hoping he kicks on after a very good performance yesterday though.

Cameron was excellent at Dunfermline last weekend, scoring one, assisting one and being involved in the other goal. He was even better yesterday but it's not like it came out of nowhere. He literally had his previous best outing for us a week earlier.

Cameron was excellent at Dunfermline last weekend, scoring one, assisting one and being involved in the other goal. He was even better yesterday but it's not like it came out of nowhere. He literally had his previous best outing for us a week earlier.

Would say it’s because we’re not punting aimless balls at him. What a difference when we were giving it into his feet etc, the way alloa used him against us last season. Just they were stupid enough not to play Connelly with him.

On yesterday, pleased. But we badly need to back it up on Boxing Day. Wouldn’t change much, not sure if any of our injured players will be back? But if they carry on in the vein of last two they’ll find it tough to get back in.

A lot have said it already but this team is capable, if we do have a good Christmas period would like to see us start trying to tie players down so we don’t start next season with another major rebuild. There’s a good few I’d sign without a second thought McKay, Nditi, McGrory, Connelly and you could probably throw in Gibson if he thinks he’s up-to another year. Todd on current form gets a new deal, I like Cooper but injury record is worrying. East is another, but think he needs a sustained run, would like him to be used as a defender now much more comfortable there than further forward. There’s a basis of a decent side

The dread I have is that when more players become available again, Johnston will chop and change line-ups and formations again and we regress to our form of a month ago. You obviously need cover, but as long as the current limited squad play as they are, and in a system and style that they seem comfortable with, I wouldn't like to see change for the sake of it. 

21 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I think 19QOS19 may have meant last week instead of last season in his post which is basically what your echoing. 

I think 19QOS19 may have meant last week instead of last season in his post which is basically what your echoing. 
This. Never realised I made an arse of the wording!

1 minute ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

The dread I have is that when more players become available again, Johnston will chop and change line-ups and formations again and we regress to our form of a month ago. You obviously need cover, but as long as the current limited squad play as they are, and in a system and style that they seem comfortable with, I wouldn't like to see change for the sake of it. 

One case in point about this idea is Euan East, who played well in the League Cup and has only played in the last two games, albeit he was injured also for a spell.

2 hours ago, qos1990 said:

A lot have said it already but this team is capable, if we do have a good Christmas period would like to see us start trying to tie players down so we don’t start next season with another major rebuild. There’s a good few I’d sign without a second thought McKay, Nditi, McGrory, Connelly and you could probably throw in Gibson if he thinks he’s up-to another year. Todd on current form gets a new deal, I like Cooper but injury record is worrying. East is another, but think he needs a sustained run, would like him to be used as a defender now much more comfortable there than further forward. There’s a basis of a decent side

a bit early but if the garden is all rosey - why not give AJ a further years extension too🤣

2 hours ago, qos1990 said:

This.

We already have Cochrane, Cowie, Paton and the invisible man Chima for next season, and of those you have listed I'd definitely like to see McGrory, Gibson, Todd and East offered extensions asap.  I'd like to see Josh Rae and Scott Dunn given extensions too.  Obviously it's a given that we should be throwing everything we can at Connelly to try and persuade him to stay but I expect him to follow Shields and Ayo to the Premiership. 

Nditi has gone off the boil lately but if he can regain his early season form he would also be an asset. 

Cooper as you say would be a risk so maybe safer options will become available in the summer.  McKay I'm easyosy about, similarly Roy who AJ clearly doesn't seem to rate at the moment.  I wouldn't be too bothered if either stayed beyond the summer or not.  I can't see much benefit to the club or McKechnie if he stays beyond the New Year, which leaves Debayo, Fitzpatrick, Junior, McMahon and especially Joseph who for me are no more than squad players.

It will be interesting to see how much I revise my opinions come next May!

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Cameron is now starting to look a decent signing  we are now playing it  to his feet rather than long punts up the park for him to flick on to nobody .

Have to hope Killie new manager does not want him back in the New Year.

Edited by Greenacres

40 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

See Ayr have punted Duffy after Saturday. Three months in the job.

They've had three managers in less than two years I think, just shows you can't always guarantee a change of Manager will change your fortunes for the better. I'm wouldn't be totally against punting Johnston, I think he's pretty safe mind  as long as we stay above ninth, but I doubt the list of realistic (outside) replacements will be exactly mouth watering. Gibson is the obvious choice if we promote from within but it would also be a bit of a gamble. 

16 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

They've had three managers in less than two years I think, just shows you can't always guarantee a change of Manager will change your fortunes for the better. I'm wouldn't be totally against punting Johnston, I think he's pretty safe mind  as long as we stay above ninth, but I doubt the list of realistic (outside) replacements will be exactly mouth watering. Gibson is the obvious choice if we promote from within but it would also be a bit of a gamble. 

They punted Kerr on 28th February. If they appoint the replacement by next Tuesday they’ll have had 4 managers within 10 months.