The Queen of the South thread

So that leaves us awaiting news on 8 of last season's squad.

I really hope we manage to keep Ferguson & Shields, although I fully expect the latter to be snapped up by someone else - hopefully not Killie if they come down.

I'd be happy to see East, Joseph & McGrory back (in that order), but at the same time I won't be shedding any tears if any or all were to leave.

Leighfield, McCabe and McKechnie all fall into the "surplus to requirements" category and I'd rather they moved on.

2 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Will this spell the end of Leighfield? 

He's in danger of becoming the new Jim Atkinson so it may be best for him to get gametime elsewhere.  How are Annan sorted for keepers?

So that leaves us awaiting news on 8 of last season's squad.
I really hope we manage to keep Ferguson & Shields, although I fully expect the latter to be snapped up by someone else - hopefully not Killie if they come down.
I'd be happy to see East, Joseph & McGrory back (in that order), but at the same time I won't be shedding any tears if any or all were to leave.
Leighfield, McCabe and McKechnie all fall into the "surplus to requirements" category and I'd rather they moved on.
He's in danger of becoming the new Jim Atkinson so it may be best for him to get gametime elsewhere.  How are Annan sorted for keepers?
Annan's keeper is better than Leighfield IMO, by quite a distance.

It's Alex Mitchell that was on the bench for us on 1 occasion.

Kevin Holt has signed for Patrick Thistle 2 year deal...

Thought he would have returned to Queens but no .

Really good left back excellent signing for Thistle 

Hope that is the only ex Queens player Thistle sign .

Edited by Northfield 53

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

Yep, Thistle fan I work with has just told me. Bit of a bummer that, although don't think he was quite the same in his second spell with us.

Holt was nowhere near as good in his second spell with us as he was in his first,  although to be fair he had better players around him first time. Wish him well,  except against Queens obvs, but not exactly in tears that he won't be coming back to us. 

Thats a sore one. Really hoped he would come back to Queens, but Thistle obviously offering better wages.

5 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Thistle now have Holt, Brownie and Murray...... you'd almost think McCall was a fan ...🙄

Dobbie's going to join them too, don't we just know it ... 🤢

39 minutes ago, sidofthesouth said:

Thats a sore one. Really hoped he would come back to Queens, but Thistle obviously offering better wages.

...... and the security of a 2 year deal

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
8 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:
...... and the security of a 2 year deal

He had a 2 year deal with us the last time around did he not?

Perhaps, I can't remember....

Yes he did but wend back to Cyprus if romours are to be beleaved he's yet another player who doesn't get on with aj

32 minutes ago, gogs said:
52 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yes he did but wend back to Cyprus if romours are to be beleaved he's yet another player who doesn't get on with aj

AJ is not the most liked manager amongst players... 

Strange one if true. Can only imagine if it is true that they fell out during his second spell. I certainly wouldn't sign a 2 year deal with a manager if I didn't like him the first time around.

On 19/05/2021 at 20:41, Otis Blue said:

Thistle now have Holt, Brownie and Murray...... you'd almost think McCall was a fan ...🙄

Dobbie's going to join them too, don't we just know it ... 🤢

Thistle in talks with Dobbie think if he joins any team in Scotland it will be them.

Dobbie has huge respect for McCall.

6 hours ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

C'est la vie.  It is what it is.  It was great while it lasted and he'll always be a hero at Palmerston.  But time moves on and life moves on.  Time to look forwards and not back.

C'est la vie.  It is what it is.  It was great while it lasted and he'll always be a hero at Palmerston.  But time moves on and life moves on.  Time to look forwards and not back.

Agree - if Dobbs goes to Partick it will undoubtedly be a sore one for all Queens’ fans especially if he starts scoring freely. Nothing to suggest last season that he will be able to “turn back the clock” but with a player of this ability it is foolish to write him off.

Dobbie WILL score goals for Partick he ain't finished yes the last cpl of years ain't been the best but that was more to do with how he was managed not playing to his strengths etc.
It's time to move on and I hope he does well there's one thing he will cause havok against us but that's life.