The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Where did Semple go?

Did he not have quite a sycophantic fan on here as well? Not seen them in a while either.

His dad used to post as his chief fanboy but half their fanbase are absolutely deluded about him as well.

Wtf has taking the knee got to do with anything? Remembrance Sunday is a once a year reflection and respect for fallen soldiers (albeit now extended to about 6 weeks). 
Taking the knee is part of an ongoing campaign against racism. It can run for as long as it takes. 
Do you have an objection to it?
On topic, with all my inlaws in Dumfries I've got a soft spot for Queens. Knowingly or otherwise they've been played like a fiddle.

I have no issue against taking the knee or paying respects in remembrance of our fallen soldiers.
For me, remembrance can run for as long as it takes as service men and women made the ultimate sacrifice to protect our freedom.

22 hours ago, jagfox BLM said:

More faces than a Rubik's Cube!

True.

He's both Catholic and Muslim.

Salutes IRA resistance/ defends integrity of British State

Pro Scottish democracy/ anti indyref2

Supports Dundee Utd, Celtic and Queens, also possibly Partick.

Pro EU/ Pro Brexit

hates fascism/ likes Nigel Farage

etc..

3 hours ago, Crùbag said:

True.

Pro EU/ Pro Brexit

etc..

Claims we live under an SNP dictatorship/loves to talk up his 'friendship' with Fidel Castro.

Edited by Highland Capital

2 hours ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

I have no issue against taking the knee or paying respects in remembrance of our fallen soldiers.
For me, remembrance can run for as long as it takes as service men and women made the ultimate sacrifice to protect our freedom.

😂

You should have posted that birthday caird pish on Facebook with a few hundred poppy photos. You might have got a few likes. 

3 hours ago, virginton said:

His dad used to post as his chief fanboy but half their fanbase are absolutely deluded about him as well.

A fit Semple would probably still be nowhere near the top of a list of best centre halfs in the Championship but he would still be well above the ones we're lumbered with right now which is the main thing. 

26 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

A fit Semple would probably still be nowhere near the top of a list of best centre halfs in the Championship 

The Semple who you actually had at the start of this year played like he was towing a caravan behind him and was garbage though.

but he would still be well above the ones we're lumbered with right now which is the main thing. 

Well by virtue of having functioning legs and no stupid, Lord Farquaad haircut he's better than Buchanan but that's not worthy of praise. 

Brilliant win tonight with a 16 year old keeper as well .

We needed that after this week still not forgot about what the board did at the weekend no excuse for it .

We must get players in on loan  for the Ayr game no time to wait till the end of Jan like we normally do can't believe good players are not available on loan 

8 hours ago, Crùbag said:

True.

Pro EU/ Pro Brexit

etc..

He's also best pals with the Hamilton owner.

Cracking result tonight Queens it won't suprise you to know that George has said nothing about the second win of the season or even acknowledged the game was on hopefully you've seen the back of him.

Honestly the relief after last nights win is unreal. 1. Because of the week we’ve had 2. To get more than one league win in the year 3. I just didn’t see us beating anyone other than alloa/Arbroath.

By Christ the boys worked hard for it, could’ve been more comfy. For the keeper to change minutes before kick off and players keep the head etc was absolutely outstanding. I thought the young boy handled everything that came his way, although I thought raith would test him more. The defence, protected him very well the two centre halfs probably having there best games for QoS even when raith had went 3 uptops, stood strong which was very surprising. Big ayo showing what he can do. I thought Joe Mckee was excellent in the midfield, Pybus mccabe put in a massive shift but lack quality in possession. Still don’t think Fitzpatrick brings enough but an assist and he did take pressure of a couple of times, east put in a good shift in an unfamiliar position. Shields needs to start uptops for me, he tormented them whole time he was on, got a bit of everything and i think we see the best of it with him through the middle. Been our best player this season for me.

I just hope this is the building blocks, no another false dawn that papered over the cracks like Alloa game.

C

I wonder if it was the young lad in goals that has galvanised the group and forced them into showing a bit of fight last night?  I can't imagine the Galloway incident had much impact on the players, I'd be loathed to give him any credit even if it was a factor.  Either way something appears to have changed in the attitude of the performance last night, and long may it continue.

Even in the era of short term contracts and players constantly moving on you still get a great reaction to young players breaking into the team and doing well from colleagues who otherwise have little affinity with the club.  I'm a big fan of this.  I always remember the celebrations when Gavin Reilly scored his first goal for the club as classic example of what I'm on about.

2020 has been one of the worst years in our history, and this week has arguably contained some of the worst days so to end on a positive is a real relief.  It probably doesn't change things a huge amount, we are still in for a real struggle and face the same challenges on and off the park.  But Charlie Cowie and Tommy Goss have both cemented their names in folklore and provided moments that will be talked about in years to come, I'm delighted for both.

41 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

I wonder if it was the young lad in goals that has galvanised the group and forced them into showing a bit of fight last night?  I can't imagine the Galloway incident had much impact on the players, I'd be loathed to give him any credit even if it was a factor.  Either way something appears to have changed in the attitude of the performance last night, and long may it continue.

Even in the era of short term contracts and players constantly moving on you still get a great reaction to young players breaking into the team and doing well from colleagues who otherwise have little affinity with the club.  I'm a big fan of this.  I always remember the celebrations when Gavin Reilly scored his first goal for the club as classic example of what I'm on about.

2020 has been one of the worst years in our history, and this week has arguably contained some of the worst days so to end on a positive is a real relief.  It probably doesn't change things a huge amount, we are still in for a real struggle and face the same challenges on and off the park.  But Charlie Cowie and Tommy Goss have both cemented their names in folklore and provided moments that will be talked about in years to come, I'm delighted for both.

Agree with this. Don’t want to take anything away from the young guys but we shouldn't be having to search for a reason for a change in attitude of some of the others. That level of fight should be a given.

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

I got that impression as well. It did seem like they went out to really protect the young keeper. Obileye was winning everything in the air and as a unit we defended well. 

Edited by ALOREBURNE