The Queen of the South thread

Just now, Mustafa_sheet said:

If I we’re them I’d be seriously considering disbanding the SLO all together.
They have worked so hard to help the club in many ways yet are treated appalling and us, the fans, are treated with contempt.
This could be a pivotal moment for the club.

100% a lot of fans felt the club let them down years ago over the Rangers vote.... few long standing fans even boycotted the games!!!! A few have game back and have even started the bonus ball for Queens during this how must these people few.

this for me is on a whole different level, the response from the club was like a slap in the face to the common person 

What makes it worse for me is that so many people have tried to follow guidance during this pandemic some not being able to see families or even worse go to funerals etc but who ever thinks it’s fine to invite someone (makes no difference if he bought 5 ST ) to a game is disgusting, never want to get involved for tit for tat but it does make you wonder if big JT queens legend was harshly delt with as well 

2 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

That's it. I am usually one of the posters who defends the board - says it's not their job to bankroll us, the club is doing alright given the economic situation in the region, that they seem to take a lot of initiatives on our behalf, there's no-one else stepping up to be a director, etc, etc. I think they get a harder time from fans than is normally deserved. But this is just a shambles from start to finish. It feels exactly like one of they moments where someone has to walk.

This. I defend them. "We are well run, we still have a club, we are not Gretna "

I think this year they take season ticket holders for granted, at current rates of 11 streams it costs us £19 to watch utter guff served up by a garbage team presided over by a rubbish manager. 

I emailed them, no answer. This was at the start of the season. It's like we've got your money, get stuffed. Now all this about Galloway and his 5 season tickets. 

I and my family have had a hell of a lot more than 5 over the years. 

My long dead father took me first to Palmy when I was 5, I'm 58. I don't think I've ever been this disheartened, even through the Harkness years. I used to hitch from CD to Dumfries to get the away bus at the coach and horses, now it's a struggle to watch our "free stream "

Of course all Billy Hewitson needed to say was: 
“I am kicking myself very hard. Possibly even harder than my worst critic..”.
Something along the lines of that. A bit of bad press for a couple of days and we all move on. 

An apology would go a long way to helping that, yes. Humans make mistakes. To come out with that absolute nonsense in the face of it is just ridiculous and screams ignorance to the current pandemic/ restrictions in place though. It's your club that will be impacted here more than anything. It's a shame for the decent queen's fans this has happened.

9 minutes ago, young_bairn said:

Wee nippy krankie herr sturgeon must condemn. What a riddy from QoS.

I think Nik Nak will.be keeping right out of it, after letting her mask slip last week. 

To me, that statement looks borne of panic.

I'd imagine some insiders were shouting "Do something Mutley" at each other, resulting in a statement that makes things worse.

If the regulations permit the inviting of a guest in such a way, the statement should say so.

If they don't, the apology needs to be fulsome, sincere and humble.

Neither was offered.

An apology would go a long way to helping that, yes. Humans make mistakes. To come out with that absolute nonsense in the face of it is just ridiculous and screams ignorance to the current pandemic/ restrictions in place though. It's your club that will be impacted here more than anything. It's a shame for the decent queen's fans this has happened.

The bizarre thing is that the statement is labelled as an apology. It’s not an apology. It states that they are sorry people are upset rather than apologising for what happened. It’s pathetic.

3 hours ago, Richie said:

This all suits George Galloway perfectly, he's absolutely desperate for attention and relevance.

He'll find some way to turn this into something political. I'm sure his travel to and from the game was essential though.

Possibly trying to drum up public profile ahead of Holyrood next year for his latest authoritarian one man and his dog political outfit.

The carpetbagger’s carpetbagger. Today’s performance the latest narcissistic stunt.

Got blocked after he responded to my original tweet. Whats he been slavering now he is getting a booting all over twitter?

He's fair put Queen of the South on the map tonight. No longer will they proclaim to be the only team in the bible as their claim to fame.

Galloway is trending on Twitter and this farce is being reported across mainstream media. So it is mission accomplished from his point of view.

Lord only knows what the club were looking to achieve from this absolute shambles.

They have very naively been played like fiddles by Galloway, and as is usually the case when a football club has a massive balls up it is the fans who suffer.

This is not going away and there are certain to be repercussions.

The first thing that needs to happen is the club have to take ownership of this mess and retract that ridiculous non-apology.

Beyond that I think a change of regime is now essential for the future of the club. But that won’t happen overnight, if at all. Who would want to take us on in our current plight? 

14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

To me, that statement looks borne of panic.

I'd imagine some insiders were shouting "Do something Mutley" at each other, resulting in a statement that makes things worse.

If the regulations permit the inviting of a guest in such a way, the statement should say so.

If they don't, the apology needs to be fulsome, sincere and humble.

Neither was offered.

The bizarre thing is that the statement is labelled as an apology. It’s not an apology. It states that they are sorry people are upset rather than apologising for what happened. It’s pathetic.
It truly is bizzare. He should have just held his hands up and taken his medicine. Instead he's come out as an absolute bellend to the fans and country at large who are essentially in lockdown.

It's now on BBC Scotland's football page.

It quotes that club statement.  The bit I still don't fully get is this:  "He was socially distant within an area of the ground where he formed a bubble with his family. All Covid protocols were followed at all times."

Is the club therefore claiming that this was ok, but they get that the identity of the guest bothered some people, or are they simply avoiding the fact that rules were breached?

Either way, it's not good.  I'm just still not entirely clear, and the BBC report doesn't help, as to how definitely the rules (rather than just their spirit) were broken.