The Queen of the South thread

2 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

That would be specified by the club's articles. I don't know what they say but, for example, under the Model Articles used by a majority of businesses it would be something like (what used to be called) an Extraordinary General Meeting and then a vote on a resolution to appoint the new director, passed by 50%+1 of votes cast.

Yes, but you need notice to call an EGM.  Would be a tad tricky if the SPFL contacted the club to ask WTF is going on, only to be told that nobody can answer as all the directors have resigned and there will be an EGM in a few weeks.  Anyhow, it's academic in the real world.  Billy H will be around to face the music even if the other two directors decide that they have had enough.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

@101, explain yourself. 

1 hour ago, HMIP said:

I’m actually Galloway’s hype man.

Apologies it looked like a bonfire Yoon post.

I see Queen's shirt sponsor asking about how George got in, must be a fair chance this stupid act could cost the club a key sponsorship next season when its likely to be harder to come by sponsorship cash.

1 minute ago, Parttimesupporter said:

Yes, but you need notice to call an EGM.  Would be a tad tricky if the SPFL contacted the club to ask WTF is going on, only to be told that nobody can answer as all the directors have resigned and there will be an EGM in a few weeks.  Anyhow, it's academic in the real world.  Billy H will be around to face the music even if the other two directors decide that they have had enough.

You do realise the fine the Queens chairman could face if he is found to have broken the Covid laws in tier 4?? He won’t give a dam about the SPFL not being able to get anyone at Palmerston 

The directors aren't the only employees the company has and other employees could respond to the SPFL. That's not to say the club wouldn't be in a tricky position, it clearly would. But companies can and do operate without any directors in the short term. I don't think anyone expects the board to resign immediately, and I would be shocked if their service contracts didn't include a notice period anyway, but the foregoing is the legal position.

7 minutes ago, 101 said:

Apologies it looked like a bonfire Yoon post.

I see Queen's shirt sponsor asking about how George got in, must be a fair chance this stupid act could cost the club a key sponsorship next season when its likely to be harder to come by sponsorship cash.

Taxi for Hewitson.

11 minutes ago, oldbeforetime said:

You do realise the fine the Queens chairman could face if he is found to have broken the Covid laws in tier 4?? He won’t give a dam about the SPFL not being able to get anyone at Palmerston 

Alternatively, if the club is fined, the Chairman could be liable to the club for breach of directors duties (if, indeed, it was the Chairman who invited him in. I still haven't seen that confirmed. It could have been the car park attendant for all I know.). The club would then have to bring that claim, acting through its other two directors. If they refused to bring the claim, any of the shareholders could bring a derivative claim, acting in their own name but with any damages paid to the club. I wonder how the trust - recently denied its seat on the board - would feel about that prospect!

(Sorry, I find this tantalising as a legal geek, but it could get messy and hopefully we can avoid all that and get away with a stern warning by the authorities.)

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

9 minutes ago, oldbeforetime said:

The Club could be fined for a breach of the law, I doubt if he could be fined as an individual.  Again any action by the SPFL would be against the Club.

1 minute ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Alternatively, if the club is fined, the Chairman could be liable to the club for breach of directors duties (if, indeed, it was the Chairman who invited him in. I still haven't seen where that was confirmed). The club would then have to bring that claim, acting through its other two directors. If it refused to bring the claim, any of the shareholders could bring a derivative claim, acting in their own name but with any damages paid to the club. I wonder how the trust - recently denied its seat on the board - would feel about that prospect.

Such a shame for the common person... so many people have worked hard to try and support queens anyway they can this year, seen a few tweets from the SLO’s saying they are disgusted etc. Must make there positions along with the tanner fund etc Untenable under current board.

The Club could be fined for a breach of the law, I doubt if he could be fined as an individual.  Again any action by the SPFL would be against the Club.

Course he could!!! As chairman he accepts a lot of responsibilities, financial, health and safety etc etc he loves the limelight let’s see if he will stand tall and take the blame 

Presumably George has only recently purchased what will also presumably be his very first Queens ST yet he's posturing over life-long fans like he's actually a more worthy attendee than any of them.

(Probably just a half-season and a couple of comps as well)

Glad it's not my club this grifter has attached himself to - what a god awful statement as well.

My condolences Queens fans.

31 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

That's an easy thing to say on here but if it could be misconstrued and impact on your livelihood in the real word I doubt you'd be so quick to venture an opinion. 

I'm not saying that SD or indeed anyone else associated with a football club should be making daft statements on here about their employer/client. But if you choose to duck out of commenting your own club's mess for that reason then you lose all credibility when commentimg on any other club's dealings.

Edited by vikingTON

Such a shame for the common person... so many people have worked hard to try and support queens anyway they can this year, seen a few tweets from the SLO’s saying they are disgusted etc. Must make there positions along with the tanner fund etc Untenable under current board.

If I we’re them I’d be seriously considering disbanding the SLO all together.

They have worked so hard to help the club in many ways yet are treated appalling and us, the fans, are treated with contempt.

This whole fiasco could be a pivotal moment for the club.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Hoping that Queens (note the lack of apostrophe there; learn how to use it correctly) release another statement that they think will resolve the situation but will actually make things worse.

Has to be an announcement of Galloway becoming a club sponsor.

3 minutes ago, oldbeforetime said:

Course he could!!! As chairman he accepts a lot of responsibilities, financial, health and safety etc etc he loves the limelight let’s see if he will stand tall and take the blame 

I get where you are coming from, but from a legal point of view it is very rare for a director of a company to be personally responsible.  Morally I am with you.

Of course all Billy Hewitson needed to say was: 

“I am kicking myself very hard. Possibly even harder than my worst critic..”.

Something along the lines of that. A bit of bad press for a couple of days and we all move on.