The Queen of the South thread

It has been just one week of promoting the Queens Trust and it’s got 125 members so far. It works. Not everyone is on all forms of social media or every day and quite often they vanish for people that have not been on. It is the only time of the year we do it and we have waited until the other draws were out of the way. We have been trying to keep it interesting featuring fans and videos. We will be going for a wee while yet so that we can do the best for our club and community. Hopefully we can beat last years record of 260 members. If you are able please consider joining and supporting the Trust.

Edited by JTulip

With all due respect I think the Qos Trust are going a little OTT with their membership advertising. Every time  I browse my usual Queens related pages on social media there’s yet another post. 
Think we’ve got the message now guys. 

Out of interest, are you a Trust member?

If we go down the route of some full time part time players .
A couple of locals who I think could do a job are
1- scot hopper who I thought unlucky to leave us was a decent player and versatile for annan and done well at Peterhead ( had a few injury issues) always have 100%
2 Tommy muir local lad plays at annan everytime I seen him play he causes defence problems he is quick and not afraid to get stuck in I saw him score a hat trick for annan against cove he was unplayable that day . He is raw but training with dobbie could help .
Would not cost a lot of money ethier.
What are people’s thoughts and any others that might be any good

Funny the folk that have multiple accounts on here and also have multiple accounts on the doonhamers mad message board. It’s been a real eye opener. 

Edited by JTulip

Havn't heard any news coming out of Palmerston lately, am sure the board are working away hard behind the scenes to ensure we have a team next season on the park but a little more  info for the supporters wouldn't go amiss.. Example  Did we get the 50k like rest of clubs, When's the season tickets etc going on sale shirt draw? More importantly when is the manager going to start signing players or atleast start talking to players for next season. Queens will certainly have the smallest first team squad in Scotland just now and no reserves either. 

12 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Havn't heard any news coming out of Palmerston lately, am sure the board are working away hard behind the scenes to ensure we have a team next season on the park but a little more  info for the supporters wouldn't go amiss.. Example  Did we get the 50k like rest of clubs, When's the season tickets etc going on sale shirt draw? More importantly when is the manager going to start signing players or atleast start talking to players for next season. Queens will certainly have the smallest first team squad in Scotland just now and no reserves either. 

Can't find it online to post here but there's a bit in today's Standard about the 50k. Doesn't sound like we've received it yet but the payments are sent out quickly once signed. 

More importantly when is the manager going to start signing players or atleast start talking to players for next season. Queens will certainly have the smallest first team squad in Scotland just now and no reserves either. 

I see Dunfermline announced a couple of very good signings yesterday. Really looking forward to seeing who comes in. Going to be a very tough season. 

Guest Flash

Maybe things will start moving from tomorrow. From 1 July, you can work part-time, be paid for those hours and be furloughed the rest of the time. Maybe if the manager is paid for working a few hours a week to speak to players and furloughed for the remainder of his normal working week, it wouldn’t cost too much. I would expect players probably won’t actually join until later, though - maybe from the middle of August with, perhaps, some being “on trial” until the middle of September.

On 26/06/2020 at 13:06, SUPERSOUTH said:

Surely AJ has to be talking to players now even if its a case of signing them. On a pre contract type deal not starting till end mid/end Aug. 

I'm sure Queens fans will know just as well, but AJ would generally leave it quite late to finalise his squad. 

On 27/06/2020 at 11:16, football maniac said:

While these situations almost always end in tears, sometimes they can create memories that retrospectively fans of the teams wouldn't have changed for the world. For Dundee to get to see players such as Caniggia and Ravanelli is something they will probably always treasure and some would look back now and think the consequences were worth it for the memories. Same at Gretna, some would say the memories of getting all the way to the top flight, playing in europe and getting to a Scottish cup final were worth it. Ultimately they have reformed and are now at a level probably not too dissimilar to where they were when they left English football. Those Gretna fans have memories for life. Part of me would love something like that at Queens but the other part would be very worried about the dire consequences it could have.

It might be controversial, but would I swap the cup finals, the top four finish, the European games for Dunfermline knowing how it would end? (finishing 7th in league one) not a chance, incredible memories. 

Would I want the club to risk it again? Absolutely fucking not, nearly losing your club is awful, actually losing it? Doesn't bear thinking about really. 

14 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

You mean something like this from 11 days ago? http://www.qosfc.com/news-5064

2 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

You mean something like this from 11 days ago? http://www.qosfc.com/news-5064

Fair enough, Wow was that only 11 days ago!! Woukd still like to think the club coukd stretch to paying AJ giving him chance to assemble a squad with priviso of not starting till end Aug. There must be quite a number of footballers out there unemployed at the moment.. 

We just need to be patient until more concrete plans are in place then I'm sure there will be a rush of activity as all clubs burst into life.

My biggest concern is still who is signing the players, not when.

Edited by palmy_cammy

Guest Flash
18 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

We just need to be patient until more concrete plans are in place then I'm sure there will be a rush of activity as all clubs burst into life.

My biggest concern is still who is signing the players, not when.

If he signs Stewart, I’ll just mothball the season.

2 hours ago, Flash said:

If he signs Stewart, I’ll just mothball the season.

He'll be like a kid let loose in a toy shop if we get a windfall from Dykes moving on.  It'll be like Chisholm chucking our Scottish Cup money on a grand a week for Stewart Kean.

Hopefully if Dykes does move on it's to Rangers, that way Johnston will be long gone by the time the cheque clears.

New month hopefully AJ is now off furlough and can start talking to the payers he wants for Queens next season.

Even though training probably won't start back till mid Aug earliest...

Will the unemployed players be willing to wait till end Aug to get a wage, sure most will hope a job offer starting sooner comes first... 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

6 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

New month hopefully AJ is now off furlough and can start talking to the payers he wants for Queens next season.

Even though training probably won't start back till mid Aug earliest...

Will the unemployed players be willing to wait till end Aug to get a wage, sure most will hope a job offer starting sooner comes first... 

give it a rest about taking the manager off furlough, there isnt an official start date for the season yet,.

there is no rush to sign players the majority of teams are in the same position 

On 29/06/2020 at 11:44, lowland star said:

If we go down the route of some full time part time players .
A couple of locals who I think could do a job are
1- scot hopper who I thought unlucky to leave us was a decent player and versatile for annan and done well at Peterhead ( had a few injury issues) always have 100%
2 Tommy muir local lad plays at annan everytime I seen him play he causes defence problems he is quick and not afraid to get stuck in I saw him score a hat trick for annan against cove he was unplayable that day . He is raw but training with dobbie could help .
Would not cost a lot of money ethier.
What are people’s thoughts and any others that might be any good

Would have Hooper back in a heartbeat. 

Tommy has just signed for Stenny, hopefully he keeps improving and ends up us in the near future. 

I see Dalbeattie Star have re-signed Dan Orsi, that boy had bags of potential when he was with us, but sadly was never the same after he broke his leg. 

Out of interest - anyone know who it was that snapped him?