The Queen of the South thread

On 11/06/2020 at 12:58, qos1990 said:

We’re delighted that several people have signed up for the QOS TANNER FUND over the last few days and can’t thank you enough for getting involved with an idea that’s going to make a difference to the managers playing budget.

Remember that every single penny raised is EXTRA funds for the manager to use and something both him and the club will greatly appreciate.

967598da-14bf-48d1-a682-1c32a8284b91.jpg

Was all for the Tanner fund when it was first mentioned!! but now i have real concerns on how this can work in Dumfries and Galloway.

Covid-19 will have a huge impact on the financial aspect within D&G, many companies are suffering big time which will impact on there employees, looking at the Standard its a crippling blow if Gates make redundancies and also change there shift patterns as many of these workers regular  visit and spend there hard earned cash at Queens. For the next few years people will be having to cut there cloth accordingly and would think Football on a Sat will be the first luxury to go, couple that with the fact a lot of the youth teams that use the Arena are now looking at cost cutting and  potentially not using the arena!! these Dark days might just be enough to break the camels back and send Queens back into the doldrums.

18 hours ago, oldbeforetime said:

Was all for the Tanner fund when it was first mentioned!! but now i have real concerns on how this can work in Dumfries and Galloway.

Covid-19 will have a huge impact on the financial aspect within D&G, many companies are suffering big time which will impact on there employees, looking at the Standard its a crippling blow if Gates make redundancies and also change there shift patterns as many of these workers regular  visit and spend there hard earned cash at Queens. For the next few years people will be having to cut there cloth accordingly 

The next few months will see jobs cuts and redundancies .

Dumfries and Galloway is one, if not the , poorest  paid  areas  in Scotland .

Giving away cash to many isn't an option .

Episode 3 of the Doonhame Podcast available now!

Tune in for a couple hours of utter hilarity, Paddy certainly has some stories!

Anchor: https://anchor.fm/finlay-jack/episodes/Episode-3---Paddy-Atkinson-efbjpp

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/4bQJNSTQpz36ud4d3KD9yH?si=JbXOfNMcR5eoBMFif2yXBw

There were one or two little audio issues that I wasn’t able to eliminate, but it shouldn’t take away from your listening pleasure too much!

Enjoy folks!

I'm guessing for the tanner fund to pay for 1 player for a season would cost 15k plus? Will we get an update how much has been raised at any point? I only ask because If I'm paying X amount direct debit every month it would be interesting to know. 

4 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Denny Johnston, McShane and Doyle all released by Falkirk. 

I'd take all of them at Queens, assuming Johnston is fit

Two out of that three would be good, Johnstone, a local lad I believe, is too prone to injury imo to bother about.  WHEN football at our level does return we'll  probably be working with the bare bones of a squad (again) so signing players with a dodgy injury record wouldn't be a good idea.  

51 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Two out of that three would be good, Johnstone, a local lad I believe, is too prone to injury imo to bother about.  WHEN football at our level does return we'll  probably be working with the bare bones of a squad (again) so signing players with a dodgy injury record wouldn't be a good idea.  

Denny has packed in football and following in his father’s footsteps and joining the Police. 

23 hours ago, FrankReynolds said:

I'm guessing for the tanner fund to pay for 1 player for a season would cost 15k plus? Will we get an update how much has been raised at any point? I only ask because If I'm paying X amount direct debit every month it would be interesting to know. 

I contacted them recently and was given an answer via email 

Hope this helps 

qostannerfund@hotmail.com 

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Denny Johnston, McShane and Doyle all released by Falkirk. 

I'd take all of them at Queens, assuming Johnston is fit

Doyle yes ,McShane  bone idle  ,and absolute passenger .

Edited by weeredbook
spelling

19 minutes ago, SueSue said:

Thought Doyle had signed a two year contract at Falkirk.

expect to see Doyle and Longridge at Queens next season if they have been released.

Longridge had  talks with Queens last season .Would be good signing .

On 12/06/2020 at 15:08, oldbeforetime said:

Covid-19 will have a huge impact on the financial aspect within D&G, many companies are suffering big time which will impact on there employees, looking at the Standard its a crippling blow if Gates make redundancies and also change there shift patterns as many of these workers regular  visit and spend there hard earned cash at Queens. For the next few years people will be having to cut there cloth accordingly and would think Football on a Sat will be the first luxury to go, couple that with the fact a lot of the youth teams that use the Arena are now looking at cost cutting and  potentially not using the arena!! these Dark days might just be enough to break the camels back and send Queens back into the doldrums.

Then again perhaps the coronavirus crisis won’t affect Queens as much as some may think. You’ve only got to look how much money the supporters of other smaller clubs have raised recently to see that for yourself. 

It’s been pretty amazing how well Queens supporters and supporters of many other Scottish teams have financially backed their clubs during this global pandemic. 

3 hours ago, weeredbook said:

Doyle yes ,McShane  bone idle  ,and absolute passenger .

I'm not really a great fan of McShane but I think he would be an upgrade on Kidd,  Osman and Pybus. Having said that,  if Osman could get fit,  and stay fit and motivated,  I think he could add that bit of muscle needed in midfield. All speculation anyway as we don't know if any of our released players will be offered a return. 

4 hours ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Denny has packed in football and following in his father’s footsteps and joining the Police. 

Shame, he was a decent player when he wasnt injured

33 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'm not really a great fan of McShane but I think he would be an upgrade on Kidd,  Osman and Pybus. Having said that,  if Osman could get fit,  and stay fit and motivated,  I think he could add that bit of muscle needed in midfield. All speculation anyway as we don't know if any of our released players will be offered a return. 

I think a fit Osman and McShane would be a decent midfield partnership