The Queen of the South thread

41 minutes ago, Brother Grimm said:

Johnstone needs to go, ideally before Tuesday night. Getting desperate now.

Don't disagree with you but the players can't escape criticism.  Irrespective of Johnston's selections or tactics the majority of players' inability to do the basics is causing us just as much problems.  Defenders who can't tackle,  players not being able to make simple passes,  taking too long on the ball and getting caught in possession, poor decision making,    basically not being alert to what's going on around them and poor reading of situations. It's the very basics of what we should expect even at the bottom end of the football ladder. 

I think today's really significant.

We've obviously been hopeless for quite a while.  However, we were generally losing fairly narrowly.  A hammering like this afternoon's makes it look like we're gone already.  I don't know if a managerial change will help any, but it feels certain that not doing so, sends us down.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
9 minutes ago, MallanandFlanagan said:
No interview or update coming out of Palmerston...

Positive signs. Hoping the next release is we've agreed to part ways.

Who knows?

He did make a point of sending the players to applaud the handful of Queens fans still in the ground at full-time.  I don't know if that matters or not - maybe he does it all the time.

It struck me though, that there was at least some embarrassment attached to today.  

Much rather us get automatically relegated than face the embarrassment of relegation from losing in the play offs.  We'd have no chance against Raith or Falkirk this time. 

As someone else said, relegation is nothing more than we deserve. 

Much rather us get automatically relegated than face the embarrassment of relegation from losing in the play offs.  We'd have no chance against Raith or Falkirk this time. 
As someone else said, relegation is nothing more than we deserve. 

You’d much rather we were 10th and go straight down rather than 9th and at least have a chance. That’s bizarre.

Being realistic isn't bizzare. 

Being realistic about where you think we will end up ie 10th isn’t bizarre at all. As a fan of the club my expectations and what I want to happen aren’t the same thing. I think it’s bizarre to wish your team to achieve what is by any rational measure a worse outcome. I’m guessing we’re not going to agree on this though. Each to their own.

3 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Being realistic about where you think we will end up ie 10th isn’t bizarre at all. As a fan of the club my expectations and what I want to happen aren’t the same thing. I think it’s bizarre to wish your team to achieve what is by any rational measure a worse outcome. I’m guessing we’re not going to agree on this though. Each to their own.

It's a bit like deciding the best execution. I just want the least painful way out.