The Queen of the South thread

On 13/07/2019 at 20:36, lowland star said:

Also the number 11 for Motherwell who scored second goal on loan from wolves will be on more money than the whole queens 11 players

Doh obviously anyone from the epl is on bigger money than most spl clubs can offer epl+money=madness not a reflection of skill. Think we have more to worry about than just now than people still bringing up budgets. 

That was as bad I have seen Queens in years especially 2 nd half .

Michael Paton set the tone each player tried to be as crap as he is .Still can't defend a cross ball every midfielder is too lightweight we have no pace in midfield Oliver is not Dykes up front he trys to hold the ball up but is too lightweight amazed that we managed to score 5 pens

What an absolute gang we have assembled thus far.  Reminds me of the Gus season.  Bunch of has-beens and never-weres.

Are we allowed to call Michael Paton absolutely fucking gash now that he's kicked a ball for us, because that's exactly what he was tonight.  Lewis Kidd worryingly looked more out of his depth at full back than he did in midfield.

I'm amazed we managed to score all of our penalties.  It was the only competent thing we did all night.

Pybus contributed far more than Lewis Kidd on Saturday!!
His interview he said that was first 90 mins for 8 months

Do you think I was slagging Pybus? I was gobsmacked he was benched and Kidd wasn't!
Is it really going to be anything other than a hard season when we have  Kidd , Oliver, Paton and Mercer in the squad? 
Dread to think how gash the budget must be 

Extremely harsh putting Mercer and Oliver in the same bracket there. Both those players were far better than Kidd and Paton. I was absolutely baffled Mercer was hooked and Kidd stayed on. Kidd was absolutely dreadful. He offers absolutely nothing. Mercer at least has a go when he goes forward. Kidd can't tackle and can't play a forward pass. That's never going to change and if he is going to be a regular starter we really are in bother.

If Annan had been good tonight I would be less concerned but they weren't even remotely impressive. They were as bad as us and I reckon a neutral would have struggled to tell who was the higher placed side; and if you told them there was 2 divisions between them they'd laugh. We seriously need a stronger midfield to even compete this season. I'd kill for a player in there who could put their foot on the ball and dictate play. Murray was the only one who didn't shit the bed when he had the ball.

Being 3-1 against a side two divisions below should have meant we kept possession and saw the game out. That was dreadful tonight in the second half.

Extremely harsh putting Mercer and Oliver in the same bracket there. Both those players were far better than Kidd and Paton. I was absolutely baffled Mercer was hooked and Kidd stayed on. Kidd was absolutely dreadful. He offers absolutely nothing. Mercer at least has a go when he goes forward. Kidd can't tackle and can't play a forward pass. That's never going to change and if he is going to be a regular starter we really are in bother.

If Annan had been good tonight I would be less concerned but they weren't even remotely impressive. They were as bad as us and I reckon a neutral would have struggled to tell who was the higher placed side; and if you told them there was 2 divisions between them they'd laugh. We seriously need a stronger midfield to even compete this season. I'd kill for a player in there who could put their foot on the ball and dictate play. Murray was the only one who didn't shit the bed when he had the ball.

Being 3-1 against a side two divisions below should have meant we kept possession and saw the game out. That was dreadful tonight in the second half.
The other quote, no I don't think you were I was just pointing it out incase you hadn't seen interview.

Manager saying previously he hoped for 4 or so more signings. They will all have to be midfielders now cos Kidd, McCarthy and Paton starting will relegate us! I would release Kidd after last night...and I don't think he could complain!
I think McCarthy has looked fine the last two games. I think he's an able replacement for the Jacobs role and he can find a pass as well. The trouble is that Kidd is sitting in front of the back 4 and is probably supposed to be doing the holding role. Given he can't tackle it's bizarre. The solution is getting Kidd out the team and putting McCarthy in front of the back 4.

It’s as if signing someone who has spent 3 years doing very little of note in two bad Falkirk teams wasn’t a smart move to expect him to be the midfield general. Known quantities are only good if there’s a track record of quality rather than 100 odd games of mediocrity 

For a game and a half McCarthy has done ok but in the 2nd half by God was he awful yesterday. None of the new signings (mostly new old signings) haven't exactly shown much promise these 2 games.

Kilday has a good ping but as saw last night, Nade bullied him which is a bit concerned. McCarthy is fairly slow but relatively tenacious but needs someone creative beside him. Pybus has looked pretty rubbish to be honest. Mccrorie despite not making saves and possibly being culpable for a few of the 6 goals conceded has looked decent. I like his accurate throw outs. Kidd has been dreadful so far. Really needs a run of games. There is an average player in there though with a good cross but he just needs more minutes to reach his average peak. Paton looked slow and off the pace. No surprise really. He is composed on the ball though and with Dobbie around perhaps his lack of mobility can be forgotten. Oliver did ok. Held the ball up better but just never threatened really. Holt has been very dissapointing so far. Looks off the pace and we haven't saw any of those trademark lung bursting runs yet. Hamilton just looks unpromising doesn't he! Already benched is not a good omen. Allow fans comments are also a bad omen. 

On the bright side Murray was class yesterday. Not frightened to be creative and try different things he was on a different level. Dobbie though I thought was sensational again yesterday. It was literally like he was leagues apart from the other 21 on the pitch. 

14 hours ago, Kunter said:

Is it really going to be anything other than a hard season when we have  Kidd , Oliver, Paton and Mercer in the squad? 

Dread to think how gash the budget must be 

What about the two clowns who're in charge of proceedings?

I thought Michael Paton's post match interview with Sandra was quite telling. He just came across as someone who couldn't be arsed. He seemed neither happy nor relieved at getting a full time contract. Had this been a new to the club young player then perhaps it was nerves, but not someone who has been around the block a few times. Contrast Paton's interview with Dan Pybus after Saturday's game. He was up for it, enthusiastic, happy to be at the club and excited at the prospect of 'kicking on'. More the attitude I want to see.

I thought Michael Paton's post match interview with Sandra was quite telling. He just came across as someone who couldn't be arsed. He seemed neither happy nor relieved at getting a full time contract. Had this been a new to the club young player then perhaps it was nerves, but not someone who has been around the block a few times. Contrast Paton's interview with Dan Pybus after Saturday's game. He was up for it, enthusiastic, happy to be at the club and excited at the prospect of 'kicking on'. More the attitude I want to see.
I think that's harsh tbh. I thought he spoke quite well and it had an air of someone who has given a lot of interviews. I don't think he couldn't be arsed I think he seemed genuinely disappointed with the performance/result. He actually composed himself a wee bit better than AJ who was clearly (and rightly so) absolutely fizzing. Paton did say he wanted to kick on as well. I'd be more concerned if he did an interview in a really cheery manner after such an awful second half.