The Queen of the South thread

26 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I'd rather bring in the right players, though.

Definitely. If we are running with a small squad, as looks to be the case, then the type of player the Manager brings in is even more crucial. We can't afford to carry any passengers or poor disciplined players. 

9 minutes ago, NM_1919 said:

Not be many left, how long were taking

I dont know. It would have been nice to have got someone in this week, even if just to freshen things up a little. There are, though, two weeks until the league starts and nearly six until the transfer window closes. 

I'd imagine you'll be waiting on loan players becoming available. We're only set to bring in another player (possibly Connor McManus who was briefly with you lot) to cover for injuries as we've only got 11 fit outfield players for tomorrow - the Betfred Cup is a nightmare for us

There been talk on here of us signing James McFadden as he been training and played as a trialist in pre season however whether that's all it is just talk I'm unsure. He splits opinion. If we don't progress out of league cup I reckon the club will be looking to the youth to step up

17 minutes ago, NM_1919 said:

If it is right enough about us waiting to see if we get through then, we'll only have a week before season starts. I suppose a good result Saturday may give us a better indication

I still dont see how that can be right, unless Naysmith has better players in mind that he wants extra money for. Im still skeptical about that though

Dumbarton have just signed Kyle Hutton - still jealous? :lol:

I still dont see how that can be right, unless Naysmith has better players in mind that he wants extra money for. Im still skeptical about that though
Dumbarton have just signed Kyle Hutton - still jealous? :lol:

Negative [emoji23][emoji23]

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Can one of you guys please say something to make me think that Kyle Hutton isn't an utter abomination of a signing?

He wasn't THAT bad for you lot, was he?

Actually, no, he wasnt. Broke up play pretty well and did the simple things well enough. I wouldnt take him back, though, and by all accounts he was woeful at saintees

5 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Can one of you guys please say something to make me think that Kyle Hutton isn't an utter abomination of a signing?

I don't know if I'm making this up but I'm pretty sure he was our player of the year?I definitely remember him winning as award

Actually, no, he wasnt. Broke up play pretty well and did the simple things well enough. I wouldnt take him back, though, and by all accounts he was woeful at saintees

He sounds a bit like Stuart Carswell. That's what I'm pinning my hopes on. Alongside a more creative guy I'm hopeful he might do alright...

The issue is that he has 2 career goals, Carsy has none. David Wilson has none and Kyle Prior has none. Struggling to see where the goals will come from if Nadè and Stewart are injured.

Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

He sounds a bit like Stuart Carswell. That's what I'm pinning my hopes on. Alongside a more creative guy I'm hopeful he might do alright...

The issue is that he has 2 career goals, Carsy has none. David Wilson has none and Kyle Prior has none. Struggling to see where the goals will come from if Nadè and Stewart are injured.

Not from Kyle Hutton, thats for sure

Passed the ball side to side well enough. Don't remember any goals. OK without being great. I would take him back because we are short on numbers but that's about all

well 2 games in and looks like a long season ahead

not been impressed with stirling or rooney, marshall has been the same as usual gets up and down but final ball terrible, need another centre midfielder to help jacobs preferable joe thomson, why we signed dan carmichael when injured i dont have a clue what a waste of a wage, another forward is a must aswell 

if naysmith doesnt get backing from the board i can see us being in relegation play offs and crowds being down under a thousand

Guest Flash
23 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

No.

23 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Yes.

30 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Passed the ball side to side well enough. Don't remember any goals. OK without being great. I would take him back because we are short on numbers but that's about all

Behave.

Another jobbing midfielder with no flair or positive intent is absolutely not what we need.