The Queen of the South thread

Leighfield

Sonkur R Murray Thompson Gourlay

C Murray Bell Akubuine Nelson

Fergusson Tremble

was the starting 11.

Goals both in first ten mins before I was there. Think Nelson and Tremble got them.

Edited to add - Very young side. Nobody with a first team appearance included (Connor Murray was once an unused sub). Two 16 year olds in the starting line up and a few 17 year olds. Bob Murray the oldest involved at 19. A few injuries and the fact the fringe first teamers played a bounce game at Carlisle yesterday meant that the likes of Ewan Gourlay and Declan Tremble were pulled in from their Development loans to play. Decent result in the circumstances.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

I have a hunch going by the photos on Carlisle website that Kyle Jacobs brother Keaghan is the queens number 10. I know he had broken a bone in leg/foot earlier in the summer so maybe just keeping up fitness while we have a look at him. Very tidy player that would do a job for us, wouldn't say it's a position that requires urgent attention although he could play wide left but not his natural position. 

31 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

I have a hunch going by the photos on Carlisle website that Kyle Jacobs brother Keaghan is the queens number 10. I know he had broken a bone in leg/foot earlier in the summer so maybe just keeping up fitness while we have a look at him. Very tidy player that would do a job for us, wouldn't say it's a position that requires urgent attention although he could play wide left but not his natural position. 

Pictures arent terribly clear and I dont actually know the team but is 10 not Connor Murray? 

15 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Pictures arent terribly clear and I dont actually know the team but is 10 not Connor Murray? 

It could well be as I haven't seen him, just looked like Keaghan Jacobs and had heard from a fairly reliable source earlier this summer we were keen.  Does Connor Murray have a lot of tattoos ? 

10 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

It could well be as I haven't seen him, just looked like Keaghan Jacobs and had heard from a fairly reliable source earlier this summer we were keen.  Does Connor Murray have a lot of tattoos ? 

Cant say I have ever noticed but I know he played in the game and dont see what other number he could be. 9 is Rigg. 8 is Pickard. 7 I think is Brotherston. Tapping is 4. I think 11 might be Ross Fergusson. Not certain but it certainly isnt Connor. Much too big and blond. Of course I have no idea how many subs we used. We may have had more than one number 10 on the pitch during the game. The photo with 10 from behind facing the Carlisle goal looks like Connor. The one of him sitting on the ground while JT speaks less so.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Cant say I have ever noticed but I know he played in the game and dont see what other number he could be. 9 is Rigg. 8 is Pickard. 7 I think is Brotherston. Tapping is 4. I think 11 might be Ross Fergusson. Not certain but it certainly isnt Connor. Much too big and blond. Of course I have no idea how many subs we used. We may have had more than one number 10 on the pitch during the game. The photo with 10 from behind facing the Carlisle goal looks like Connor. The one of him sitting on the ground while JT speaks less so.

After doing some digging Connor Murray has no tattoos, going by Twitter picture anyway. This player looks to have sleeve tattoos on both arms which going by Keaghan Jacobs Twitter he has. We may just be helping him back to fitness as like I said he had an injury he picked up in Sweden I think. 

45 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

He must have spent the majority of his summer in a tattoo parlour. 

image.jpeg

image.png

Having checked Facebook he definitely has his lower left arm completely covered in a tattoo. You cant see it in the photo you posted as it starts below that. Like i say I know he started the game so that must be him.

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Having checked Facebook he definitely has his lower left arm completely covered in a tattoo. You cant see it in the photo you posted as it starts below that. Like i say I know he started the game so that must be him.

Like I said have never seen Connor Murray and had heard that rumour pre injury for Keaghan Jacobs. Is Connor Murray the one who stood out in the games late on last season v St Cuthberts and someone else ?

4 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

Like I said have never seen Connor Murray and had heard that rumour pre injury for Keaghan Jacobs. Is Connor Murray the one who stood out in the games late on last season v St Cuthberts and someone else ?

Southern Counties final v St Cuthberts and semi final v Lochar I think. He did well in a few pre season games too, has a squad number and was on the bench v Ayr though didnt get on.

Caught the highlights from the weekend's 7-1 win over Stenhousemuir - what's wrong with your stadium announcer? He sounds deranged, screaming like that after every goal. Someone have a word with him.

I assume it's prerecorded but I agree and had noticed it more in those highlights (obviously :lol:). But it was far more cringeworthy. After 4, let it go ffs. Though I'd be happy for it to never be played. The same goes for the Shrek - What are you doing in my swamp?!

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I assume it's prerecorded but I agree and had noticed it more in those highlights (obviously :lol:). But it was far more cringeworthy. After 4, let it go ffs. Though I'd be happy for it to never be played. The same goes for the Shrek - What are you doing in my swamp?!

It definitely is

4 minutes ago, Chupacabra said:

I see the highlights for the Stenhousemuir game have been uploaded, I just presume by this point we won't be getting highlights of the Hibs game outwith the goals?

We didnt film the Hibs game. Hibs TV were good enough to provide some footage but I dont think there'll be anything else put out for that game

Just now, Mr X said:

We didnt film the Hibs game. Hibs TV were good enough to provide some footage but I dont think there'll be anything else put out for that game

Ah okay. Just wanted to see if Robbo's double save was as good as I remembered it!