The Queen of the South thread

34 minutes ago, spacekid84 said:

Does anyone know where I can find out the half-time draw number, no tannoy in the terracing today. Was it same the rest of the ground?

The tannoy broke down in new stand and terrace due to the weather. It was working in the main stand.

Attendance was 1841.

The tannoy broke down in new stand and terrace due to the weather. It was working in the main stand.

Attendance was 1841.

Cheers.

Attendance is disappointing considering our great start to the season. I guess the poor weather was a factor. Can't blame Youth Beatz, holiday season etc today.

Some rumours about bob harris today going around in the terrace. Cant see it, has he been released by Sheffield united? Although i didnt see the Dobbie signing coming so..

Would that be worth asking about? Would bring a wealth of experience but Marshall has done nothing wrong. Same as the Danny Carmichael thing I think there nothing wrong in looking into the possibility of a return but equally won't be disappointed if nothing came of it

Would that be worth asking about? Would bring a wealth of experience but Marshall has done nothing wrong. Same as the Danny Carmichael thing I think there nothing wrong in looking into the possibility of a return but equally won't be disappointed if nothing came of it

Personally aye boab was class for us, but I think it's harsh on Marshall who rarely puts a foot wrong? Could either push up to left midfield? I don't think so personally

15 minutes ago, NM_1919 said:

Personally aye boab was class for us, but I think it's harsh on Marshall who rarely puts a foot wrong? Could either push up to left midfield? I don't think so personally

To me it`s about the squad. I thought Marshall faded towards the end of last season (not a criticism). Marshall could play left mid. Given all the players we have on the left side are young and relatively inexperienced Marshall/Dykes/Brotherston then signing an experienced left sided player would be a real plus for the long season ahead,.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

38 minutes ago, NM_1919 said:

Bob Harris return? Not sure if he would live up to his 1st time at Queens but if his impact is half as good as Dobbie's well why not, think left mid is still prob area tho, Hilson playing there 2nd half today not the answer. Marshall and Harris could share the left back role tho as Marshall is only 19 and has suffered with slight injuries at end of last season beginning of this.

Would Harris be similar to dobbie where he would be prepared to drop down a few levels and probably take a cut in pay but come back to us both out of a sense of love or loyalty and try and help us get to premier League ,(long shot I know) hall of fame target. Things like that.

Would certainly shore up and cover the vulnerable left side. As said dykes brothers ton and Marshall all young guys so good to bring in experience.

If Harris were to sign I'd hope he'd play at left mid. Hilson hasn't had much luck there and although Dykes has done a decent job when moved over I'd prefer a left-sided player who was more accustomed to the position, and would offer a little more cover for Marshall. I don't want to see Marshall replaced as he's only 19 and has gifted us with very solid performances, appears to be making good progress and frankly, doesn't merit being dropped. If Marshall were to be injured, suspended or fatigued then I wouldn't argue against Harris dropping in to left-back for a few games with Dykes or Hilson shifting back over to the left.

I've noted left midfield as a weakness since our Raydale Cup game vs Gretna and I think it was at its worst against Partick away, as Jacobs was forced to cover and couldn't readjust. If the rumours are true (doubtful), then Harris will be good enough to play that position at this level.