Top Scorer and Assist Giver 2022/23

Inspired by Kendrick Lamar's stunning headline performance at Glastonbury, I expect Austin Samuels to score at least 20 goals this season and earn his dream move to LAFC. 

I'm sure Dundee probably have a striker who they're paying far too much money - they will also be a contender. Don't know any other strikers in the league apart from Brian Graham.

In terms of assists, I'd expect Roddy MacGregor to be in with a shout from us. 

I fancy Akinyemi to hit double figures for us at least. Not sure if he’ll outscore everyone else though.

In terms of assists I’m not sure who in our team would contend for that. O’Connor should get more with a consistent run in the team however we don’t really have an out and out playmaker this season. Paul Smith might turn out to be that but I see him more as a box to box player.

8 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Inspired by Kendrick Lamar's stunning headline performance at Glastonbury, I expect Austin Samuels to score at least 20 goals this season and earn his dream move to LAFC. 

I'm sure Dundee probably have a striker who they're paying far too much money - they will also be a contender. Don't know any other strikers in the league apart from Brian Graham.

In terms of assists, I'd expect Roddy MacGregor to be in with a shout from us. 

I’ll take winning the league over silly token awards that will no doubt be fawned over by fans of diddy clubs like Dundee or Arbroath. The Caley have bigger fish to fry.

Given how close this league usually is, finding a 20 goal striker should be enough to propel most clubs into at least a play off spot. However we all know, peak to soon with a glut of goals pre-xmas and that asset could be off.

Probably being a bit dim but I can only think of Leith Athletic FC.

On 30/06/2022 at 12:02, johnnydun said:

The correct answer is Paul McMullan and Zak Rudden

No way will the wee DAB McMullan be top scorer.

Edited by jagfox

On 30/06/2022 at 10:50, D'Jaffo said:

I fancy Akinyemi to hit double figures for us at least. Not sure if he’ll outscore everyone else though.

In terms of assists I’m not sure who in our team would contend for that. O’Connor should get more with a consistent run in the team however we don’t really have an out and out playmaker this season. Paul Smith might turn out to be that but I see him more as a box to box player.

O'Connor was done out of atleast 3 or 4 goals last season by Adeloye's poor decision making. Got himself into some great positions where it was literally a case of just squaring the ball to be fired into an empty net. Seems to have the right instincts to grab a half dozen if our new striker is willing to pass. 

Brian Graham got his total (13 goals) in half a season. If he can stay fit he could surpass that.

No reason I can  see  why McKenna (Arbroath) won't be vying to top both categories again this season.

Brian Graham got his total (13 goals) in half a season. If he can stay fit he could surpass that.
No reason I can  see  why McKenna (Arbroath) won't be vying to top both categories again this season.

Be very surprised if Mikey scores half the goals he did last season, for the simple reason that he won’t have Nouble taking up 3/4 players for half a season like he did last year.

41 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Be very surprised if Mikey scores half the goals he did last season, for the simple reason that he won’t have Nouble taking up 3/4 players for half a season like he did last year.

Had this discussion last week with someone in the pub. Looked through the goals and only 3 of the 15 involved Nouble in 1st or 2nd phase of the attack . I reckon McKenna will be full of confidence and will hit double figures again but we do need a number 9 desperately !

On 30/06/2022 at 18:53, Sir Tarmo said:

I’ll take winning the league over silly token awards that will no doubt be fawned over by fans of diddy clubs like Dundee or Arbroath. The Caley have bigger fish to fry.

Oh-oh-oh-oh, everwhere they go, Poo-ting on a show! 

If last night is an indicator “El Nino” will have about 3,478 chances and he’ll fire every single one of them straight into the opposing goalies hands.

6 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

If last night is an indicator “El Nino” will have about 3,478 chances and he’ll fire every single one of them straight into the opposing goalies hands.

Ironically similar to “El Nino” at Chelsea.