Hay fever

10 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Mines is out of control. What do people use? Has anyone has the jag before? Does it work? It’s getting to the point where it’s affecting my work. Its a total nightmare. 

Mine is terrible at the moment too. Been using Beconase nasal spray since I was a child. Always seems to reduce the affect hay fever has on me anyway. 

I started getting hayfever really badly when i was about 15. After a few summers of this absolute fucking misery my doc prescribed Flixonase which worked a treat. So much so that I don't really need it now - I can pretty much get away with Beconase on the really bad days during pollen season. 

Mines is out of control. What do people use? Has anyone has the jag before? Does it work? It’s getting to the point where it’s affecting my work. Its a total nightmare. 

Yeah I need the Kenalog injection. When I first got it a few years ago the receptionist said in bad cases folk need two lots; I've needed two doses the past two years so it shows how bad my hayfever is. Would recommend giving the injection a go if you can find somewhere that does it.

Absolutely nothing else comes close to working for me. Think it was a bad day for hayfever today and all I had was a wee sneezing dose earlier. It makes my life bearable in the summer.

Dark shades help as well. I'm talking stupid Bono type shades. I look like an even bigger dick than usual but if it helps I don't care!

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yeah I need the Kenalog injection. When I first got it a few years ago the receptionist said in bad cases folk need two lots; I've needed two doses the past two years so it shows how bad my hayfever is. Would recommend giving the injection a go if you can find somewhere that does it.

Absolutely nothing else comes close to working for me. Think it was a bad day for hayfever today and all I had was a wee sneezing dose earlier. It makes my life bearable in the summer.

Dark shades help as well. I'm talking stupid Bono type shades. I look like an even bigger dick than usual but if it helps I don't care!

Out of interest how long do the injections tend to last? I find around Easter my hayfever goes insane, to the point I occasionally need steroids from the doctors to assist with my asthma. Luckily this year I have avoided them. However, on particularly bad early season days I have been known to rattle through 10+ tablets just to control my breathing.

This year the doctor prescribed fexofenidine didn't dent it so I've reverted to the over the counter stuff as it seems to be working. Thankfully now we are getting into the middle of the summer I'm down to one a day if that, unless the grass has just been freshly cut. 

One thing that does help, although isn't that practical for being out and about, is a salt inhaler. Using one of those every now and again can help the breathing issues. I've been lobbying the doctor for a past few years trying to get in for desensitising treatment, but the GPs are still not having it due to the pandemic. 

Out of interest how long do the injections tend to last? I find around Easter my hayfever goes insane, to the point I occasionally need steroids from the doctors to assist with my asthma. Luckily this year I have avoided them. However, on particularly bad early season days I have been known to rattle through 10+ tablets just to control my breathing.

This year the doctor prescribed fexofenidine didn't dent it so I've reverted to the over the counter stuff as it seems to be working. Thankfully now we are getting into the middle of the summer I'm down to one a day if that, unless the grass has just been freshly cut. 

One thing that does help, although isn't that practical for being out and about, is a salt inhaler. Using one of those every now and again can help the breathing issues. I've been lobbying the doctor for a past few years trying to get in for desensitising treatment, but the GPs are still not having it due to the pandemic. 
If you are at your worst in April it's likely tree pollen you're allergic to. I used to get my hayfever setting off in April but it's since moved/developed (!) on to another type that kicks off at the end of June.

The injection (after 2 of them) tends to see me through June and July when it's at its worst. Kenalog us a steroid injection so if they have worked for you in the past I'd definitely recommended giving it a go.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
6 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:
Try manning the f**k up. 

Clearly never had it.

I did have it when I was a wee boy but I literally manned up and grew out of it. 

It's basically an illness exclusivley for children, ginger people, speccy people and massive VLs.

I did have it when I was a wee boy but I literally manned up and grew out of it. 
It's basically an illness exclusivley for children, ginger people, speccy people and massive VLs.
Who needs the NHS.

20 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Dwight Disguise GIF - Dwight Disguise Office GIFs

Stormzy train of thought:

Suffering from intense hayfever - exclusively for VLs and speccies.

Repeatedly getting banned from Pie and Bovril dot com and crying about it every time - for life’s winners.

54 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Stormzy train of thought:

Suffering from intense hayfever - exclusively for VLs and speccies.

Repeatedly getting banned from Pie and Bovril dot com and crying about it every time - for life’s winners.

10/10 response if this was a anywhere near truthful. 

I don't like Stormzys music though and my post wasn't personally aimed at yourself even if the stars aligned on that particular one. 

Albeit I’d say my hayfever has been getting worse to some extent the past 2 or 3 summers, seems some of you either have it way worse or need more drastic remedies than me. With that said, my experience is relatively beige.

Years ago I tried Clarityn which stopped me getting a runny nose and sneezing but my eyes still got irritated and puffy so I changed to Piritin which stopped my eyes getting irritated and puffy but I still got a runny nose and sneezy. So what relieves the worst of both symptoms for me? Asda’s own-brand hayfever pills! 😄

Dunno why, they just do.

Edited by 8MileBU

2 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Try manning the f**k up. 

1 hour ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Stop being a sack.