Jump to content

How will you vote in our democratically mandated indyref 2 - 19/10/2023 (compared to 2014)


Should Scotland be an independent country?   

241 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

On 29/06/2022 at 22:09, Eric's Cantina said:

Need to get rid of sex pests and thieves

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Labour offered real change on a British scale under Corbyn and it got smashed - there's just no appetite for that type of change in England which seems to only be interested in becoming more right wing, more insular and a lot more nasty.

To be fair, there was no appetite for Corbyn's type of change in Scotland either. He was rejected up here as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After the daft 2106 'leave' vote I said on here that Scotland should govern its way to independence as it was going in a different direction to the rest of the UK.

As I often do - I got that wrong.  Scotland is going in exactly the same direction as the rest of the UK - towards a smaller-minded, more insular and more belligerent society.

As for 'governing its way to independence'?  None of that has happened.  ScotGov is a pathetic and slightly less charming version of Boris's Tories and HR is little different to WM in its sleaze, incompetence and mendacity.

You can barely separate WM from HR just as you can barely separate Scotland from England.  So the question really should be, "Do you want the small jobby that is Scotland to be in a different location to the larger jobby we're all familiar with?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

You can barely separate WM from HR just as you can barely separate Scotland from England.  So the question really should be, "Do you want the small jobby that is Scotland to be in a different location to the larger jobby we're all familiar with?"

An inspiring case for the Union!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

An inspiring case for the Union!

Daft wee Welshy.  We're one nation and have been since 1707.

Right now the terrible clusterfuck north of Gretna thinks it may be better off away from the larger clusterfuck.

It won't.  Because both sides are dominated by brexit or scexit arseholes.  Both groups of which are utter welts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Daft wee Welshy.  We're one nation and have been since 1707.

Right now the terrible clusterfuck north of Gretna thinks it may be better off away from the larger clusterfuck.

It won't.  Because both sides are dominated by brexit or scexit arseholes.  Both groups of which are utter welts.

Enjoy your life in the heart of the big jobby! Some of us up here are more ambitious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Enjoy your life in the heart of the big jobby! Some of us up here are more ambitious.

You say that with no justification.  'Ambition' is what I'd hoped for in 2016.  Instead?  'You' - by which I mean Scotland - have gone backwards.

Sad to see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Scexit is not a thing. Brexit showed the folly of those who want isolation, we're joining the EU.. so going in the opposite direction to Brexitland/rUK.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Zern said:

Scexit is not a thing. 

I prefer the term 'partition' as it's more accurate but you are as daft as a brush if you say, "Scexit is not a thing."

Edit:  You are also in the snakeoil/London Bridge market if you justify Scexit on the whimsy that, "we're joining the EU."  There is no agreement to that and no plan for that.

It's the whole 'jam tomorrow' nonsense that makes normal people wince.

Edited by The_Kincardine
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What we have in fact is a Westminster government out of control, behaving in such a right wing manner that it is bordering on fascism, given that 95% of the print media is tory owned which serves to encourage their behaviour to do as they like and f**k public opinion.

Am I alone in thinking that Jacob Rees Mogg and Heinrich Himmler are not dissimilar in looks.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

 

It's the whole 'jam tomorrow' nonsense that makes normal people wince.

So you think the voters of England and Wales are abnormal for not wincing at this but voting for it?

E31C0F37-FDA3-4313-92E8-1E0A06B35EBC.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

What we have in fact is a Westminster government out of control, behaving in such a right wing manner that it is bordering on fascism, given that 95% of the print media is tory owned which serves to encourage their behaviour to do as they like and f**k public opinion.

Am I alone in thinking that Jacob Rees Mogg and Heinrich Himmler are not dissimilar in looks.  

See the source image   Heinrich Himmler

 

See the source image  Jacob Rees-Mogg

 

You decide.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

What we have in fact is a Westminster government out of control, behaving in such a right wing manner that it is bordering on fascism, given that 95% of the print media is tory owned which serves to encourage their behaviour to do as they like and f**k public opinion.

Am I alone in thinking that Jacob Rees Mogg and Heinrich Himmler are not dissimilar in looks.  

Complete nonsense.

left wing media- The Guardian, The Independent, The Observer,Mirror/Record,The Tines (50/50), BBC, Channel4, Sky News. That’s for starters.

Government policy is currently one of mountainous public spending and high taxes. Corbyn would be proud.

Sandy- you’re  getting worse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...