How will you vote in our democratically mandated indyref 2 - 19/10/2023 (compared to 2014)

MONKMAN

Should Scotland be an independent country?   

241 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, TheScarf said:

How are Unionists not grasping that the landscape of the UK has changed dramatically, for the worse, since 2014?  It's immature and childlike to not accept this.

Because tory voters and unionists, (with a small u as befits), are immature and childlike.

And you forgot selfish!

Brexit has caused irreparable damage to the country's economy, with inflation at a 40 year high the economy is hurtling towards recession, put that to one side and those of you who are going on overseas holidays this year will be shocked at how weak the Pound Sterling is against other currencies.

It's a clear fuckin shambles.

And if you are holidaying in a EU country then enjoy the huge queues at Non EU citizens passport control, remember when it took 10-15 minutes when we were in the EU?

I wonder how many rangers fans have applied for historical ancestral Irish Citizenship.

I will be voting YES as I did before.  I believe that Scotland can do better than it is currently doing without interference from the rest of the UK.  I do not want to go on the path England is leading us to.  I would like to say to England, "It's been nice knowing you, maybe bump into one another another time, but I must go this way and you are going that way."

https://grousebeater.wordpress.com/2022/06/29/england-cannot-be-trusted/

I do not want to be part of this shitshow. 

38 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Because tory voters and unionists, (with a small u as befits), are immature and childlike.

And you forgot selfish!

Brexit has caused irreparable damage to the country's economy, with inflation at a 40 year high the economy is hurtling towards recession, put that to one side and those of you who are going on overseas holidays this year will be shocked at how weak the Pound Sterling is against other currencies.

It's a clear fuckin shambles.

And if you are holidaying in a EU country then enjoy the huge queues at Non EU citizens passport control, remember when it took 10-15 minutes when we were in the EU?

I wonder how many rangers fans have applied for historical ancestral Irish Citizenship.

Since January I’ve been to EU countries 3 times and never had any queues on entering.

The only problem we’ve had was getting our baggage back at Edinburgh airport.

22 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Since January I’ve been to EU countries 3 times and never had any queues on entering.

Exactly the same, huge queues at Border Control in Glasgow as well

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Of course you didn't, I wouldn't expect a Brexiteer to say otherwise.

In my experience he’s correct.  I’ve also been abroad 3 times this year.  Faced lengthy queues getting through bag drop and security outbound from Edinburgh and Glasgow every time.  Lengthy waits getting bags back at Edinburgh and Glasgow when coming home.

Huge queues at passport control abroad?  Nope.  Weren’t even separated into EU/non-EU queues which I expected to be.

I havent had seen any delays at passport control travelling from UK to EU (Scotland and England) since brexit happened. Thats just what I have experienced though, so not saying there arent issues. I was expecting some delays though so its a nice surprise that it didnt happen. As there were delays at security in England/EU and at baggage pickup in Scotland

Edited by BigDoddyKane

On 01/07/2022 at 17:44, Dawson Park Boy said:

Nine times out of ten, it's an electric razor, but every once in a while...

Of course, it's airport policy never to imply ownership. They always use the indefinite article: a dildo, never your dildo.

On 02/07/2022 at 10:31, Left Back said:

In my experience he’s correct.  I’ve also been abroad 3 times this year.  Faced lengthy queues getting through bag drop and security outbound from Edinburgh and Glasgow every time.  Lengthy waits getting bags back at Edinburgh and Glasgow when coming home.

Huge queues at passport control abroad?  Nope.  Weren’t even separated into EU/non-EU queues which I expected to be.

I have flown into Malaga once and Lanzarote twice in the past 12 months, separated into EU/non-EU all three times.  Delays at all three, the only lengthy one being Malaga.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I have flown into Malaga once and Lanzarote twice in the past 12 months, separated into EU/non-EU all three times.  Delays at all three, the only lengthy one being Malaga.

I’ve been through both those airports this year with no issues.

Isn’t that something they’re about to restart?  I thought that had been stopped due to Brexit?
Will prob be a bit different when esta style visa comes in..
However I do have to concur, I travelled to Italy recently on my Irish passport, queues were separated at Pisa, EU and Non EU..but both moved as fast as each other. It was a small airport mind, maybe in a busier one like CDG, it may be different.

16 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Tell you what, P&B will turn into a keech storm if there's ever a mass escape from the dungeon of the ignore list. 

A few years back, the site (or a rogueish mod) randomly decided to uncheck the 'posts' box for everyone on my ignore list.

eye-bleed-blood.gif