Coincidence

BFTD

On 20/08/2022 at 17:01, Loonytoons said:
On 17/08/2022 at 16:36, Shandon Par said:
Out for a drive in my latest midlife crisis car yesterday and decided to go by my childhood home to see what it looks like these days. On the makeshift drive I’d created about 27 years ago to fit my first car on sat a car exactly the same as the one I was driving yesterday. Same year, colour, almost the same reg. 

Is your new car a DeLorian by any chance?

No but my mum was looking pretty tasty.

On 20/08/2022 at 17:01, Loonytoons said:
On 17/08/2022 at 16:36, Shandon Par said:
Out for a drive in my latest midlife crisis car yesterday and decided to go by my childhood home to see what it looks like these days. On the makeshift drive I’d created about 27 years ago to fit my first car on sat a car exactly the same as the one I was driving yesterday. Same year, colour, almost the same reg. 

Is your new car a DeLorian by any chance?

You do realise that if Shandon had been in a Marty McFly scenario he'd have gone back in time to Fife, paired his ma up with Jimmy Shand instead of his da and when he was fading from existence he'd have been run over by the De Lorean which he'd left the handbrake off and then been struck by lightning 

Pub quiz several years ago - the team I was in came first equal. The two teams had to nominate someone to take part in a tiebreaker. Write your answer on a piece of paper, no help from your team, closest guess to the correct answer wins. I went up for our team.

The question: in what year was the poet William Wordsworth born. Beyond a vague guess that it was probably somewhere between the 17th and 19th century I had no idea. It was clear that the guy in the other team didn't know either.

I went for a stab in the dark guess of 1770.

The other guy also guessed 1770.

William Wordsworth was born in 1770.

Twenty years back, kicking about at work waiting to get started with a group of guys I'd only recently met. There was some chat about films, and someone asked what the worst film we'd seen was. Both me and another guy say "Razor Blade Smile" at the same time; neither of us thought anyone else would've heard of it.

Turned out that he went to university with some of the guys who made it, and he'd just got used to saying it was the worst film ever to wind them up. I genuinely thought it was, at the time.

You do realise that if Shandon had been in a Marty McFly scenario he'd have gone back in time to Fife, paired his ma up with Jimmy Shand instead of his da and when he was fading from existence he'd have been run over by the De Lorean which he'd left the handbrake off and then been struck by lightning 
While Jimmy Shand is belting out The Power of Love on the accordion.

On 28/08/2022 at 06:31, Adamski said:

Pub quiz several years ago - the team I was in came first equal. The two teams had to nominate someone to take part in a tiebreaker. Write your answer on a piece of paper, no help from your team, closest guess to the correct answer wins. I went up for our team.

The question: in what year was the poet William Wordsworth born. Beyond a vague guess that it was probably somewhere between the 17th and 19th century I had no idea. It was clear that the guy in the other team didn't know either.

I went for a stab in the dark guess of 1770.

The other guy also guessed 1770.

William Wordsworth was born in 1770.

What was the next question? 

Did you win?

sitting watching going for gold with some mates in the 90s when I said the answer to the next question is madness, no idea why I said it before the question was even asked. The question that came was related to the band Madness. I guess it must have been a repeat but neither the tv guide or newspaper that day had it listed as a repeat. Only other explanation is that I had been to the future.