Coincidence

BFTD

On 06/07/2022 at 20:27, throbber said:

Well yeah, people go from U.K. - Gran Canaria in their hoards so it’s not really that outrageous to see somebody you know out there. The same applies to Sydney/Melbourne even though it’s at the opposite side of the world. If you’re going to spend a year or so living in/travelling these popular places it’s inevitable you’re going to bump into people you know from home. 

Would be a total wild coincidence if you bumped into someone from your own village in Fife pin a premier inn outside of Hull because the two of you fancied something a bit different. 

Yeah, running into someone you know in a resort or obvious holiday destination probably isn't that uncommon as a lot of people gravitate towards them....it's weird when it happens right off the beaten track though.

The one that always sticks in my mind was about fifteen years back when we were on a driving holiday round the north of France....we'd stopped off in a wee village called St Riquier right out in the countryside and were sitting outside a cafe when I heard a Scots-Asian accent behind me:

"Fucksake big yin - what YOU daein' here?"

Turned out it was the guy who ran the newsagent round the corner from me...him and his missus were doing pretty much the same as we were and had randomly pitched up in the same tiny village.

On 06/07/2022 at 20:27, throbber said:

Would be a total wild coincidence if you bumped into someone from your own village in Fife pin a premier inn outside of Hull because the two of you fancied something a bit different. 

Go on...

On 07/07/2022 at 06:17, throbber said:

Also Australia related my mums cousin went out there in his early 20’s with his then girlfriend to do fruit picking, his Mrs ended up turning lesbian then leaving him for another woman. He stayed in Australia however and ended up meeting a local lady and they married and had 2 kids and when the youngest was about 25 his wife packed up and left him for another woman as well.

To lose one partner like that could be considered unfortunate, to lose two smacks of carelessness...

14 hours ago, Raidernation said:

It only takes 23 people in a room for the likelihood of the same birthday ( day/month not year) to exceed 50%

I've never happened* across an East Fife player with the same birthday as me (day and month). And I collect that sort of useless information. 

*Nearly said "come". Near miss. 

It only takes 23 people in a room for the likelihood of the same birthday ( day/month not year) to exceed 50%
My mum and dad shared the same birthday, they met when working in a shop together and their boss also had the same birthday.

9 hours ago, peasy23 said:
On 11/07/2022 at 07:07, Raidernation said:

My mum and dad shared the same birthday, they met when working in a shop together and their boss also had the same birthday.

This just reminded me of one -

My Brother-in-law has the same birthday as my wife and his daughter, my niece, shares the same birthday as my son.  Also, my sister-in-law and me have our birthdays only 9 days apart.

2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Pep for me - as handsome a pair as you could hope to find.

I can safely say that Peter agrees with my statement, not to sure if Pep does the same?

Anyway, I picked my fitballer from the sticker albums when I was wee.  Where you get your information?

1 minute ago, SlipperyP said:

I can safely say that Peter agrees with my statement, not to sure if Pep does the same?

Anyway, I picked my fitballer from the sticker albums when I was wee.  Where you get your information?

Google.

Actually, until about an hour ago I didn't know Pep and I were born on the same date.  He's much older than I, of course!

21 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I've never happened* across an East Fife player with the same birthday as me (day and month). And I collect that sort of useless information. 

*Nearly said "come". Near miss. 

But that's you looking for a specific date. In a room of 23 people there are 23 different dates to match up as opposed to 23 people trying to match up a specific date. The odds there are about in 1 in 15?

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I was talking about absence with a guy in my work on Monday. In 12 years at the one place he's been off once, with snow. He never made it in today because the clutch on his car went.

Wait, what, the poor bugger was snowing?