Coincidence

BFTD

1 hour ago, Christophe said:

Had a pretty wild one whereby I had done a summer at a kids camp in the States. One of the American based staff there was a girl called Kim. A couple of years later I was in Greece and walked past a group of girls, as I approached them I immediately thought "that looks like Kim from Camp America". But naturally assumed it was a Greek/European tourist lookalike.

After I'd got about 20-30 yards past her, another girl ran past to catch her group, yelling in an American accent "Kim"

Now I'm still not 100% sure it was the same Kim but I'm pretty convinced. I was too stunned at the time to catch up with her group initially and then they disappeared into a crowd so I'll never know! I always think of that when people talk about coincidences and wonder what the odds on something like that happening is. 

To top it off I met her at summer camp in Rhode Island and was on holiday in Greece in Rhodes. But I always put that down to maybe that being the reason their group chose to holiday/visit there? Cos it was their home state namesake? 

Pretty weird all the same! 

20% of people in South Korea are called Kim.

Maybe all this stuff about there being billions of people in the world is bollocks. There's only a few thousand of us and we're just always on the move.

My father's another one who's guaranteed to bump into someone he worked with fifty years ago when he's on holiday in another continent. Personally, I've a suspicion the conversations go like this:

"Scuse me, are you Tam McIver? Went to Primary School in Cumnock?"
"Depends. Are you buying the next round?"
"Of course!"
"Absolutely. Good to see you again, whoever you are."

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Maybe all this stuff about there being billions of people in the world is bollocks. There's only a few thousand of us and we're just always on the move.

My father's another one who's guaranteed to bump into someone he worked with fifty years ago when he's on holiday in another continent. Personally, I've a suspicion the conversations go like this:

"Of course!"

Sounds like your Dad is a very successful bounty hunter.  Makes it look so easy.

2 hours ago, Fullerene said:

20% of people in South Korea are called Kim.

Her name wasn't even Kim, so the jokes on you!

I just used that as a place holder because I couldn't remember her actual name. But it's just come back to me now and it was Sarah!

Three part documentary on C4 the last few nights about the quadruple murder in the Alps 10 years back. The dad of the family told friends he feared for his life (thinking his brother may kill him) and worried who would look after the kids. Took his family on holiday and they all got murdered (except the two young kids) anyway in a remote French lay-by along with a passing cyclist. At the same time, the mysterious ex husband of the murdered mum dropped dead in America.

The family of the partner of the cyclist (they didn’t approve of him as he was after her money) then took out a large newspaper advert to say “it was just an unfortunate coincidence he got shot repeatedly. It’s nothing to do with us”:  The French police bought the coincidence theory anyway.

Edited by Shandön Par

1 minute ago, Loonytoons said:
2 hours ago, Christophe said:
Her name wasn't even Kim, so the jokes on you!
I just used that as a place holder because I couldn't remember her actual name. But it's just come back to me now and it was Sarah!

I knew a Sarah.

.. but people thought her name was Kim.

That would be coincidence.

4 hours ago, BFTD said:

"Of course!"

Frank McCallum?

Me and my sister found out we were expecting our first children within an hour of each other. 

And before anyone asks we are talking about 2 separate pregnancies and nothing incestuous.

On 29/06/2022 at 19:27, Shandön Par said:

Three part documentary on C4 the last few nights about the quadruple murder in the Alps 10 years back. The dad of the family told friends he feared for his life (thinking his brother may kill him) and worried who would look after the kids. Took his family on holiday and they all got murdered (except the two young kids) anyway in a remote French lay-by along with a passing cyclist. At the same time, the mysterious ex husband of the murdered mum dropped dead in America.

The family of the partner of the cyclist (they didn’t approve of him as he was after her money) then took out a large newspaper advert to say “it was just an unfortunate coincidence he got shot repeatedly. It’s nothing to do with us”:  The French police bought the coincidence theory anyway.

And where was Deeman when all this took place?

19 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

French police are satisfied the passing Scottish trucker is innocent and the pictures on the side of his truck featuring a man, his wife, the granny and a cyclist all scored out with “I’m glad I killed them all” is a coincidence. The family originated from Iraq so the police seemed content they were up to no good. Even sent the bomb squad round to the murdered dad’s house. They also said the passports had been stolen. They then retracted this after they looked in his pockets 10 years later when re-examining the forensics.

40 minutes ago, throbber said:

Me and my sister found out we were expecting our first children within an hour of each other. 

And before anyone asks we are talking about 2 separate pregnancies and nothing incestuous.

Don’t you have some sort of family breeding ceremony where your dad comes in and pumps your bride as everyone cheers and bangs the door?

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

I was thinking more Perthshire Belle. Had to take care of the family after they saw him kill the cyclist.