The years of discontent, 2022/23

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

How else will they attract talent?

Without the ability to take unlimited wealth, bankers will move into similar jobs with better pay, like heroin trafficking or strangling wealthy old ladies to death.

I’ve got a list of wealthy old ladies I’d like strangled to death*, who do I send it to?

* It’s shorter than it was a week ago.

Edited by Granny Danger

12 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I’ve got a list of wealthy old ladies I’d like strangled to death*, who do I send it to?

* It’s shorter than it was a week ago.

I dunno - how much are you offering?

On 09/09/2022 at 19:29, BFTD said:

Union leaders are likely smart enough to know that industrial action during a period when millions aren't in their right minds would be an amazing opportunity to outlaw trade union membership altogether, or as near as possible. Just look how un-British they are, refusing not to work during the period of mourning we're so upset about that we've taken time off work...erm...

Sack the footballers, they downed tools and refused to work last weekend.

Shockingly un-British

• 4 weeks later...

An ‘academy’ primary school in London using new scabs charter legislation to replace striking support staff.  Stinks to high heaven and looks politically motivated.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2022/oct/11/london-school-uses-law-change-to-replace-striking-staff-with-agency-workers

37 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

An ‘academy’ primary school in London using new scabs charter legislation to replace striking support staff.  Stinks to high heaven and looks politically motivated.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2022/oct/11/london-school-uses-law-change-to-replace-striking-staff-with-agency-workers

Great laugh that folk are probably spending serious coin to send their kids there and are happy for any old temp to come in and help teach their sprogs.

6 minutes ago, 101 said:

Great laugh that folk are probably spending serious coin to send their kids there and are happy for any old temp to come in and help teach their sprogs.

They’re bringing in teachers (at teachers’ wages) to cover the non-teaching staff.  That’s what makes me say it’s politically motivated.  It’s certainly not economically sensible.

34 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

They’re bringing in teachers (at teachers’ wages) to cover the non-teaching staff.  That’s what makes me say it’s politically motivated.  It’s certainly not economically sensible.

It doesn't say that.  

She said: “The recruitment agencies were made fully aware their staff would be used as cover for the strikes. The temporary staff are all covering teaching assistant roles and are paid at the corresponding rate.”

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

It doesn't say that.  

She said: “The recruitment agencies were made fully aware their staff would be used as cover for the strikes. The temporary staff are all covering teaching assistant roles and are paid at the corresponding rate.”

This is the bit I read.

It is just an injustice. I asked the temps whether they were teaching assistants but they are teachers,” she said. “I mean, the amount we are asking for as compared to what this is costing the school is ridiculous.

Who to believe though, eh?

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

This is the bit I read.

It is just an injustice. I asked the temps whether they were teaching assistants but they are teachers,” she said. “I mean, the amount we are asking for as compared to what this is costing the school is ridiculous.

Who to believe though, eh?

How are you interpreting that to mean they are paying the temps teacher's wages?  The school spokesperson specifically states they are receiving teaching assistant rates and nothing in the articles suggests otherwise.  

For the avoidance of doubt - it's shitty behaviour by the school regardless.  

39 minutes ago, hk blues said:

How are you interpreting that to mean they are paying the temps teacher's wages?  The school spokesperson specifically states they are receiving teaching assistant rates and nothing in the articles suggests otherwise.  

For the avoidance of doubt - it's shitty behaviour by the school regardless.  

I refuse to believe that a teacher would work for a teaching assistant’s wage.  I posted an article the other day that was saying TAs in England are quitting their jobs because they can earn more at Tesco.

I also believe that a school that would do something like this would happily lie.

Yeah, they're not getting actual teachers for TA wages, unless they're incredibly shit teachers who've been blacklisted from any legitimate work, which kinda highlights the priorities there.

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I refuse to believe that a teacher would work for a teaching assistant’s wage.  I posted an article the other day that was saying TAs in England are quitting their jobs because they can earn more at Tesco.

I also believe that a school that would do something like this would happily lie.

You can refuse to believe it all you like but it doesn't change the fact you are making stuff up now. 

9 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Yeah, they're not getting actual teachers for TA wages, unless they're incredibly shit teachers who've been blacklisted from any legitimate work, which kinda highlights the priorities there.

Quite likely the case.  Doesn't change the fact Old Man Danger is making stuff up though. 

Edited by hk blues

2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

You can refuse to believe it all you like but it doesn't change the fact you are making stuff up now. 

This is a direct quote from one of the TAs in the article.

“It is just an injustice. I asked the temps whether they were teaching assistants but they are teachers,” 

You may think she’s lying but going by her quotes I’m certainly not “making stuff up”.

10 minutes ago, BFTD said:

There’s two possibilities

1.  They are quite willing to employ teachers (at teachers rates) in order to break the strike.

2.  The striking TA that is quoted in the article is lying.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

This is a direct quote from one of the TAs in the article.

“It is just an injustice. I asked the temps whether they were teaching assistants but they are teachers,” 

You may think she’s lying but going by her quotes I’m certainly not “making stuff up”.

There is no mention of salary at all in that statement so I'm not sure why you are quoting it.

The issue isn't whether the temps are teachers or not but whether they have been hired and paid as teachers as you stated.  There is nothing at all in the article to support your statement.  

Just now, hk blues said:

There is no mention of salary at all in that statement so I'm not sure why you are quoting it.

The issue isn't whether the temps are teachers or not but whether they have been hired and paid as teachers as you stated.  There is nothing at all in the article to support your statement.  

If you want to believe that teachers are working at TA’s wages then feel free to go ahead and believe it.

You probably also believe that Dundee will get a new stadium soon so I can understand the naivety.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There’s two possibilities

1.  They are quite willing to employ teachers (at teachers rates) in order to break the strike.

2.  The striking TA that is quoted in the article is lying.

FFS - 

1- There is zero evidence to suggest they have hired teachers at teacher's rates.  It was explicitly stated otherwise in the article.

2- There is nothing to suggest the TA is lying.  There are perfectly legitimate reasons why a teacher may be willing to work as a TA but that doesn't mean they are not teachers.  The crux of the matter is what role are they performing, not how they, the spokesperson or the quoted TA defines them.

You forget option 3 -

3- Old Man Danger has made something up and isn't willing to hold his hand up to it.

I vote for option 3.