The years of discontent, 2022/23

There have been Labour councillors in Edinburgh on the picket lines with refuse workers.

I was in the city for a Fringe show yesterday and they need to pay bin men footballers wages. What a state the place was.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Says it all about these c***s and the stuff they put to print. Might have found the exception that proves the rule about my strike sympathies.

The credibility of what's written in that paper should will never be clearer.

The reds have infiltrated everywhere!  :o

Their editor is a Labour supporter who claims not to like their xenophobic rhetoric, so you can't help think that the Express is staffed by people who don't believe a word of what they publish, but know what they're employed to do and need the money.

14 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Funnily enough I don’t think we’ve heard a peep from Labour about the bin strike in Edinburgh

Wonder if it has something to do with who runs the council 

The Labour leader now seems to think 5% might work - which is bizarre on the basis that it was on the table before the strike................

They only lead the council by working with the tories - as has happened in 2 or 3 councils this year, embarassing stuff.

I genuinely dont think they know what they are doing.

Streets are minging in the city centre, by the way - but the bit that really gets on my tits is people who "lay their rubbish" on top of already overflowing bins................ffs, what do you think is going to happen???? In Edinburgh where its always windy ????

Fucking take it home and put it in a bin that isnt full - fannies.

40 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

The Labour leader now seems to think 5% might work - which is bizarre on the basis that it was on the table before the strike................

They only lead the council by working with the tories - as has happened in 2 or 3 councils this year, embarassing stuff.

Streets are minging in the city centre, by the way - but the bit that really gets on my tits is people who "lay their rubbish" on top of already overflowing bins................ffs, what do you think is going to happen???? In Edinburgh where its always windy ????

Was it?  I thought that Cosla had only just said they'd be able to offer 5% for council workers.

15 hours ago, BFTD said:

Do we think this year's outbreak of industrial action will do anything towards ending the image of Labour as the party of strikes?

Or will the Conservatives successfully strangle the unions further and be lauded for it?

The press will still represent Labour as responsible for the strikes which will harm their centrist support while that feeble cretin starmer will alienate the actual labour movement by siding with the centrists.

The Tories will probably send the army in with instructions to shoot on sight and the morons will love it.

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

The press will still represent Labour as responsible for the strikes which will harm their centrist support while that feeble cretin starmer will alienate the actual labour movement by siding with the centrists.

The Tories will probably send the army in with instructions to shoot on sight and the morons will love it.

Rubber bullets though, and those shot will be snowflakes for complaining.

Does London still have those water cannons that Boris bought without checking if they were legal to use?

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Rubber bullets though, and those shot will be snowflakes for complaining.

Does London still have those water cannons that Boris bought without checking if they were legal to use?

No. Nobody wanted to buy an actual water cannon either, so they ended up going to the scrappie.

7 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Can’t use them. Hosepipe ban innit.

I remember the days when you could harmlessly shoot protestors, until the environmental loonies decided rubber "harmed the environment".

Blair's Britain mate.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

I remember the days when you could harmlessly shoot protestors, until the environmental loonies decided rubber "harmed the environment".

Blair's Britain mate.

Do it down south and as long as you make bail you're laughing for the forseeable

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2022/aug/22/barristers-england-wales-vote-indefinite-strike

As much as I agree they shouldn’t just keep piling it on, good luck taking it home and putting it in a bin that hasn’t been emptied either.

Despite letters coming out to tell people about the strikes all but 3 houses in our street out their bins out as normal on Friday… most have them have just left them out there too which is weirder.

1 minute ago, steelmen said:

As much as I agree they shouldn’t just keep piling it on, good luck taking it home and putting it in a bin that hasn’t been emptied either.

Despite letters coming out to tell people about the strikes all but 3 houses in our street out their bins out as normal on Friday… most have them have just left them out there too which is weirder.

Aye, I am just being a moaning bugger.

Looking forward to dodging the rats when up toon later in the week 😬

That reminds me, was in Prague about 20 years ago, with my then girlfriend - now wife - we left the hotel and a fucking huge rat ran across the road toward us.

I had on a pair of those Merrell trainers, kinda like astro boots and reacted like a - slightly pished - ninja. I gave it the Dave Narey toepoke treatment and launched it right across the road............think I even put the arms up and cheered - my missus wasnt too chuffed with me though 🤣

Because I’m hard as nails, there’s very few things that frighten me. Rats are one of those very few things. Fucking hate those b*****ds. Apart from the one in Ratatouille. He was alright.  
Domestic rats are class. Dumbo rats in particular are about as gentle as creature you could come into contact with. Much better pet for a child than rubbish hamsters and gerbils.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
3 hours ago, Shotgun said:
Because I’m hard as nails, there’s very few things that frighten me. Rats are one of those very few things. Fucking hate those b*****ds. Apart from the one in Ratatouille. He was alright.  

Domestic rats are class. Dumbo rats in particular are about as gentle as creature you could come into contact with. Much better pet for a child than rubbish hamsters and gerbils.

No... it is Hamster. - Manuel fawlty towers | Meme Generator

5% offer was only made on Friday after the strikes began, it was 3.5% before that (upped from the original 2%)