The years of discontent, 2022/23

On 16/08/2022 at 18:25, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's up to all of us to make the b*****ds work for it!

Dawson Park will keep them busy policing internet forums. 

37 minutes ago, Left Back said:

So let me get this right.  We want a fair, just, inclusive society, except for those who we disagree with politically?  They're just vile scum c***s because they believe in different things to you.

Personally, i hate Tories because they are, in the main, horrible racist c***s.

20 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

You're a complete and utter doormat 😂

More outstanding logic from yourselves.  Now because I don't play along with the herd and try to outdo people with the "I hate tories more than you" chat I'm a doormat.

You're really on a roll here.

The Tories are utter scum. I don't mean the poor deluded working class voters who've been lied to. I mean the people doing the lying. The only thing that could have made the lockdown in 2020 worthwhile would have been if that useless buffoon didn't make it out of hospital. They care not a jot about the misery their policies cost, so I wish nothing but misery on them.

Binmen strike in Edinburgh has been on the go for only a couple of days, it would normally be "difficult" but as its the Festival, some parts of town are already looking like a warzone, even the massive extra bins they have out during this time are already full.

Walking home last night and one of the shops in Forrest Road had put clingfilm round a bin on the street to stop arseholes trying to jam stuff into an already full bin. 🤣

If this actually lasts til the 30th it is going to be absolutely minging, the rats and seagulls will have a field day.

Left work last night and drove by a food bank that's at the back of the carpark where two queuing folk were preparing to knock lumps out of each other. 10 seconds further round the corner is the offices of our Tory MP Alistair Jack.

Can't help but think there's an Alanis Morissette verse in there somewhere. Depressing.

This is why I let you off with your occasional forays into the Falkirk thread to slag us off......
I've literally moved seats at Palmerston this season because the Tory shouts make my head want to explode [emoji38]

On 18/08/2022 at 08:53, ford prefect said:

The Tories are utter scum. I don't mean the poor deluded working class voters who've been lied to. I mean the people doing the lying. The only thing that could have made the lockdown in 2020 worthwhile would have been if that useless buffoon didn't make it out of hospital. They care not a jot about the misery their policies cost, so I wish nothing but misery on them.

The catch there is the “poor deluded working class voters who’ve been lied to” are also, all to often, viciously racist, mouth breathing types who will accept being shat upon as long as the nasty darkie/Polish plumber/refugee next door gets more shat upon. The saving grace for the UK, at this point, is that at least the situation is less bad than in the US, in that regard.

However, it would be truly fascinating (and terrifying) to see energy prices do anything near what is happening in the UK over here, as the various armed groups would be literally taking to the streets.

Do we think this year's outbreak of industrial action will do anything towards ending the image of Labour as the party of strikes?

Or will the Conservatives successfully strangle the unions further and be lauded for it?

9 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Do we think this year's outbreak of industrial action will do anything towards ending the image of Labour as the party of strikes?

Or will the Conservatives successfully strangle the unions further and be lauded for it?

Funnily enough I don’t think we’ve heard a peep from Labour about the bin strike in Edinburgh

Wonder if it has something to do with who runs the council 

6 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Funnily enough I don’t think we’ve heard a peep from Labour about the bin strike in Edinburgh

Wonder if it has something to do with who runs the council 

The council leader supports the strike.

11 hours ago, doulikefish said:

8 days worth of action will cause some amount of disruption, much more powerful than the odd days here and there.