The years of discontent, 2022/23

On 12/08/2022 at 14:27, ICTChris said:

NHS staff consider strike action

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-62520104

I don't understand this at all. I thought some people banged pots and pans once a week?

Don't they know that our weans painted pictures with 'NHS' written on?

6 hours ago, ICTChris said:

This is a weird poll IMO.  

I'll say. Were they really expecting there to be many people who'd support a group striking that they didn't sympathise with?

"The fire brigade get paid plenty already in my opinion but, as a pyromaniac, I'll obviously be supporting any industrial action they wish to take part in".

8 hours ago, 101 said:

The police have got their deal 5% plus better conditions.

Theres no real improvement on conditions for yer average uniform officer, most of the non pay related changes ties in with allowances for higher ranks etc and a speciality payment for people working on islands etc. Its essentially a flat 5% rise, look its not great with the cost of living but its probably the best they’ll get just now. 

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's up to all of us to make the b*****ds work for it!

I think with the rising tension amongst the general public over energy bills etc then that’s a given. 

51 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Theres no real improvement on conditions for yer average uniform officer, most of the non pay related changes ties in with allowances for higher ranks etc and a speciality payment for people working on islands etc. Its essentially a flat 5% rise, look its not great with the cost of living but its probably the best they’ll get just now. 

I think with the rising tension amongst the general public over energy bills etc then that’s a given. 

But I would guess the senior folk do a lot of goodwill stuff and haven't had a change of conditions for a long time, just reading the federationa release stuff like disrupted holidays isn't something many civilians would be used to nor accept.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

But I would guess the senior folk do a lot of goodwill stuff and haven't had a change of conditions for a long time, just reading the federationa release stuff like disrupted holidays isn't something many civilians would be used to nor accept.

Holiday disruption still going to happen. Nothing really changed there.  No i agree they do deserve a bit of change there, absolutely, but for the vast majority there’s no real change. 

57 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

A glimpse at the crowd outside the Tory hustings in Perth tonight is a good example.

Things are going to get potentially very ugly over the next few months.

You can’t blame people for feeling angry/desperate. The tories are completely corrupt.

Lots of greeting, wailing, and teeth-gnashing in the press about being insulted, abused, and egged on the way into the event. Absolutely no contrition about being a vile Tory c**t who is enabling the asset-stripping of the UK and a government who clearly couldn't give less of a shit about the chaos and penury they have caused. They should be grateful they weren't being pelted with bricks and broken bottles.

16 hours ago, Left Back said:

Such a tolerant place modern Scotland.  Makes you proud to be Scottish.  

People in Scotland hate Tories and their hateful policies. If the height of protest is a few eggs I'd call that very tolerant compared to most other forms of protest across the continent.

In other news, big loud protest from Unison/RMT (and a few other unions) booming through Glasgow right now. 

16 hours ago, Left Back said:

Such a tolerant place modern Scotland.  Makes you proud to be Scottish.  

I mean I fully expect you to throw your coat over a puddle for these c***s, but why should anyone be showing these rabid, corrupt Tory cretins any tolerance whatsoever? 

8 minutes ago, GiGi said:

People in Scotland hate Tories and their hateful policies. If the height of protest is a few eggs I'd call that very tolerant compared to most other forms of protest across the continent.

In other news, big loud protest from Unison/RMT (and a few other unions) booming through Glasgow right now. 

So let me get this right.  We want a fair, just, inclusive society, except for those who we disagree with politically?  They're just vile scum c***s because they believe in different things to you.

What's the bar to be able to brand someone a vile scum c**t.  What's the acceptable difference you have to have?  Is it only politics?  Are you allowed to do this for religion, or sexual orientation, or are there other acceptable areas where someone thinking differently to you is not acceptable?

2 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I mean I fully expect you to throw your coat over a puddle for these c***s, but why should anyone be showing these rabid, corrupt Tory cretins any tolerance whatsoever? 

Why would I be throwing my coat over a puddle for anyone?

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

Why would I be throwing my coat over a puddle for anyone?

Your entire posting schtick on here is basically:

"I'd never support **Insert dreadful right winger** but **relentlessly defends dreadful right winger**"

Just now, Day of the Lords said:

Your entire posting schtick on here is basically:

"I'd never support **Insert dreadful right winger** but **relentlessly defends dreadful right winger**"

So because I don't profess hatred for a particular group along with the crowd on here that means I support that particular group.

Good logic.

I disagree with Labour politically. For example, on Scottish Independence.

I would not call Labour or their voters scum because they, by and large*, do not do nasty, spiteful things in the name of the Labour Party.

The Tories are fucking scum because they have ideological viewpoints that result in abject misery for large swathes of human beings to allow the betterment of their own class.

It's not about "disagreeing with them politically." That's what I'd expect a tory to say to try and bind you to the ties of the illusion of decency in their nonsense Parliament and its rules where you cant even call a lie a lie. Its a cop out. I am proud of Scotlands tolerance because it speaks to a defence of the many from the worst excesses of a tiny few.

*not you Tony.

23 hours ago, scottsdad said:

But you do have to admire this banner

SEI_119718975-b353.jpg?quality=90&strip=

Still a popular playground chant at West Primary School, no doubt.

17 minutes ago, Left Back said:

So because I don't profess hatred for a particular group along with the crowd on here that means I support that particular group.

Good logic.

It's probably more to do with the subjects you choose to be contrarian about.

You're well aware of the policies they've implemented, and their effects. You're bound to have suspicions about where they plan to take us too. All that taken into account, they'll be delighted that the most pushback they've experienced has been some thrown eggs and verbal abuse from a few roasters.