The years of discontent, 2022/23

RCN asking their members to back industrial action in September.

https://www.rcn.org.uk/Get-Involved/Campaign-with-us/Fair-Pay-for-Nursing/Latest-updates/Industrial-strike-action-ballot-FAQs

BMA likely to follow suit. Currently asking hospital doctors to reject extra-contractual work unless paid at reasonable rate. Junior doctors will likely vote to withdraw all cover, including emergency cover. Consultants will probably vote to withdraw all but emergency care. Several militant doctors elected to council and BMA may have finally grown some teeth.

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

All kicking off in Grangemouth at the minute. Unoffical strike action, road blockages, Police presence. A powderkeg, if you will.

That's what a 4-0 shoeing by Airdrie will do to you. 

9 minutes ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

When was the last time we seen flying pickets in the UK?

Personally I'm delighted workers finally seem to be remembering how our forefathers gained better pay and conditions.

Flying pickets are illegal now I think.

anyway

8D4E3EB8-7921-4EB0-AAB1-8CE81760D38A.png

9 minutes ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

When was the last time we seen flying pickets in the UK?

Personally I'm delighted workers finally seem to be remembering how our forefathers gained better pay and conditions.

They released Strike Again in 2015, but to be honest they never really hit the heights again after Only You

6 hours ago, ICTChris said:

NHS staff consider strike action

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-62520104

The HCSA union who represent hospital doctors have advised members in Scotland to reject the pay offer and asked their opinion on industrial action. The BMA have asked Scottish members if they want to accept or reject the offer. In England, an emergency meeting of the junior doctors committee had agreed to ballot on industrial action if the government doesn't agree to pay restoration by September.

On 10/08/2022 at 16:43, Clown Job said:

Did they not have to get the army in back in the 70s when the bin men went on strike?

Just think of the smell in this heat if they go uncollected 

As I recall, I believe the trucks did arrive to take the squaddies away.