Life's Good c***s

7 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I'll have a stab. 'Rewilding' for arsehole landowners like him are purely so they can restrict public access to their land.  Get him in the sea.

Well wide of the mark. I do forestry work in one of his estates that's undergoing alot of work just now, all access kept open.

He also is an advocate of non use of pesticides on his land, and is heavy into minimising the use of plastics too.

The sheer amount of work for joiners, stonemasons, roofers etc and forestry and arb work is immense, your man's providing work for a shit ton of people. 

10 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I met American comedian and inspiration for Moe Syzlak Rich Hall at the same workplace and he was a very very nice man.

Aye, but did he ever w**k off a dug?  And, if so, was that before or after your appraisal of him? 

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

He's invested in a satellite launching site in Shetland so he's trying to block one in Sutherland that would bring jobs and money to one of the isolated places in Britain. It's the Highland clearances 2.0 he's after, replacing people with wolves instead of sheep.

Looking at the article posted by @sophiaThe one in Shetland looks a better option.

People can stay. Far too many sheep though.

7 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Looking at the article posted by @sophiaThe one in Shetland looks a better option.

People can stay. Far too many sheep though.

There's a rocket factory in Forres dependent on the Sutherland Space Hub, Povlson's Shetland venture is using Lockheed Martin. No reason why they both can't go ahead though.

3 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Well wide of the mark. I do forestry work in one of his estates that's undergoing alot of work just now, all access kept open.

He also is an advocate of non use of pesticides on his land, and is heavy into minimising the use of plastics too.

The sheer amount of work for joiners, stonemasons, roofers etc and forestry and arb work is immense, your man's providing work for a shit ton of people. 

That all sounds a heartwarming tale but does nothing to refute the original point. At the moment people can access the estate because he has no choice.