Life's Good c***s

39 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

He has relatives in Dundee and is here semi regularly making appearances at her shop. He would also go to Groucho's. 

Was fine when journo's etc were about but an absolute fucking penis when they weren't.

Never knew that, what shop is it?

Thank you.

22 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I've bored with this story before, but Trevor Peake (fresh from winning the FA Cup with Coventry City) turned up as a celebrity guest to a charity fundraiser when the advertised star cancelled at the last minute because the Round Table wouldn't give her more money. He was literally given a call that morning, hopped in his car, and spent the day chatting to folk who were starstruck (winning the FA Cup was still a big deal then). Didn't even ask for travelling expenses.

I'd suggest that probably negates his later conviction for wanking off dugs, but that's just my opinion.

...gives off massive "cool aunt you actually prefer to your parents" vibes, much like Jo Brand (IMO).

The problem is he wanked off the dugs after the good c**t stuff so I'd need to disagree with you.  If you're gonna be thought of as a good c**t you really need to get things in the right order IMO - wanking dugs then the good stuff later.

8 minutes ago, hk blues said:

The problem is he wanked off the dugs after the good c**t stuff so I'd need to disagree with you.  If you're gonna be thought of as a good c**t you really need to get things in the right order IMO - wanking dugs then the good stuff later.

Ken this - you w**k off one dug...

56 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I guess the thing is we don’t really know these people. Sure they look like good c***s on the surface but when you don’t really know what they get up to, what their views are etc you can’t say for sure. A lot of what we see or read is well-written self-promotion.

This reads as quite cynical and nihilistic. We don't really know anybody, and we should allow for flaws and complexity. People tell us who they are through their actions and how they treat people. The "good c***s" on this thread are described as such because they display generosity either through charitable actions or just being warm and welcoming people. It takes too much effort to maintain an illusion of that if it were not the case. 

P and B is choc full of cynical and negative threads. Every second thread in the GN forum is a variation on a theme of "c***s or things that make me angry". It's nice to focus on good people and good behaviour, to feel gratitude and hope. 

So aye, kindly gtf with this snidey energy.

2 minutes ago, velo army said:

This reads as quite cynical and nihilistic. We don't really know anybody, and we should allow for flaws and complexity. People tell us who they are through their actions and how they treat people. The "good c***s" on this thread are described as such because they display generosity either through charitable actions or just being warm and welcoming people. It takes too much effort to maintain an illusion of that if it were not the case. 

P and B is choc full of cynical and negative threads. Every second thread in the GN forum is a variation on a theme of "c***s or things that make me angry". It's nice to focus on good people and good behaviour, to feel gratitude and hope. 

H Paul O'Donnell on Twitter: "@TheTallyVic @Jan_Lewicki Birthday Caird Pish!  http://t.co/iaL9sCWrfj" / Twitter

4 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

:lol: Great name, that!

Aye, it's a cracking wee shop they've got. 

Seen a computer repair place the other day called "Easy P C" and was celebrating like I'd just scored the winner in the world cup final. So simple but so brilliant.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Seen a computer repair place the other day called "Easy P C" and was celebrating like I'd just scored the winner in the world cup final. So simple but so brilliant.

Off topic but this is the standard by which all others are judged. 

Sellfridges,+Stoke+Newington,+London+2011.jpg

1 minute ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Michael Sheen, although it might just be his tremendous Welsh accent ranting about Aneurin Bevin and the NHS in the rain in 2015. 

That was great.

He's now a not for profit actor in that any money he makes from movies he puts to social action and good causes. Superb fella.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

There's a locksmith company in Inverness called Sure Lock Homes.

27 minutes ago, velo army said:

I am not saying you can’t know anybody at all or that you shouldn’t allow for flaws.

Only that we definitely don’t really know what celebrities or other well known people are like, especially when you’ve probably never even met them before. 

Edited by Jambomo