Life's Good c***s

Daniel O'Donnell is an absolute diamond of a boy.

+1 for Ed Sheeran. I do think his music is awful, but I grudge him none of his success on account of him always coming across as a lovely and humble young fella. One of my favourite videos recently saw him playing pool in a pub (Birmingham?) and a'body in the pub was singing a song of his to him. It was surreal seeing a bunch of pub men (you know exactly what I mean) enthusiastically singing while Ed played pool with a fag hanging out his mouth. It puts a smile on my face just thinking about it.

Alfredo Morelos. Controversial choice given his on-field antics (which I absolutely love too fwiw) but gets the nod due to his charitable work back home. The man uses a lot of his wealth to fund projects to help impoverished young folk in his home town. See also Mane, Sadio. 

It's going be an enjoyable thread as we can see already, someone posts 'is a good guy', before someone replies with something bad he's previously said or done.

'Mate how can he be a good c**t when he was convicted of wanking off dogs in 1994'

53 minutes ago, velo army said:

Daniel O'Donnell is an absolute diamond of a boy.

Our daughter absolutely loves him. She was most annoyed when someone referred to him as "Daniel O'Doodle" at a dinner we were at.

Derek Ryan. Very obliging regarding autographs on the one and only time we saw him. Went out of his way to get our daughter and foster son front of the queue and chatted to both of them while signing autographs.

7 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

Dolly Parton seems sound.

Aye, the only thing against her is that she's involved in that whitewashing of the Civil War as a family-friendly disagreement between friends, but so many people in the South are that you can't blame her for being taken in by it too.

She seems genuinely concerned with providing work to people in poverty where she grew up. Maybe she's just exploiting them for her own profit like all the other c***s, but if so, she does a good job of hiding it.

31 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Neville Southall 

My brother works with kids, and asked Southall to come and give a goalkeeping class and a talk. Apparently he stayed all afternoon talking and telling stories, signed every autograph, posed for photos, the lot. Genuine good guy.

14 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Few pals have met him whilst he was DJing in Edinburgh and said he was a p***k who was off his puss on coke all night.

i djed with him once - he was an ars*hole.  Sneered at me for playing vinyl when he had a laptop. 

37 minutes ago, Ervin H Burrell said:

It's going be an enjoyable thread as we can see already, someone posts 'is a good guy', before someone replies with something bad he's previously said or done.

'Mate how can he be a good c**t when he was convicted of wanking off dogs in 1994'

We need a sliding scale. What level of good stuff would someone need to have done in order to negate a conviction for wanking off dugs?

Asking for a mate.

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

My brother works with kids, and asked Southall to come and give a goalkeeping class and a talk. Apparently he stayed all afternoon talking and telling stories, signed every autograph, posed for photos, the lot. Genuine good guy.

Similarly, Tony Adams came along to a football camp I attended in the late Eighties, and was thoroughly nice to all and sundry. No doubt he was being paid, but he seemed to be a decent chap.

This mainly sticks in the mind because Adams was met by several hundred kids making donkey noises when he was introduced, as the tabloids were running a campaign against him at the time, and he looked genuinely hurt. Plus, there was a world of difference between him and the old First Division goalkeeper who showed up during the same week and was a general p***k to all concerned (wish I could remember their name).

1 hour ago, Ervin H Burrell said:

I guess the thing is we don’t really know these people. Sure they look like good c***s on the surface but when you don’t really know what they get up to, what their views are etc you can’t say for sure. A lot of what we see or read is well-written self-promotion.

36 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

Johnny Fucking Marr

He has relatives in Dundee and is here semi regularly making appearances at her shop. He would also go to Groucho's. 

Was fine when journo's etc were about but an absolute fucking penis when they weren't.

1 hour ago, Ervin H Burrell said:

Maybe a Redemption thread to run alongside, for folk who seem like Good Guys now but need a Rangers style * after their name. 

Tyson, Michael. 

Richard E Grant

My mum had a school trip (some of Dunfermline’s finest future villains and scallywags) to Culross. They stumbled across the filming of The Little Vampire movie. Richard E Grant bought ice creams for all of them.

I've bored with this story before, but Trevor Peake (fresh from winning the FA Cup with Coventry City) turned up as a celebrity guest to a charity fundraiser when the advertised star cancelled at the last minute because the Round Table wouldn't give her more money. He was literally given a call that morning, hopped in his car, and spent the day chatting to folk who were starstruck (winning the FA Cup was still a big deal then). Didn't even ask for travelling expenses.

I'd suggest that probably negates his later conviction for wanking off dugs, but that's just my opinion.

4 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Miriam Margolyes

...gives off massive "cool aunt you actually prefer to your parents" vibes, much like Jo Brand (IMO).