Eglinton, founded?

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

If this is the case I'm... all for it. These semi-official link ups between clubs are a good thing. Say John Smith comes through the Buffs U20s. Maybe gets the odd game off the bench but, suddenly, he's too old for the U20s to play regularly, the Buffs like the player, but don't want to stifle his development by keeping him on the bench. He signs for Eglinton. At that point he can, obvisouly, refuse to sign for Eglinton and sign for another clubs if he wants. Or he can still in (basically) the same set up he's used to and continue to improve. If he does well for Eglinton he can go back to the Buffs in future but, also, if he does well other clubs will appear. So maybe the Buffs think he's good but not really good enough for the LL where they are aiming for but Beith like the look of him. He stays in the game, clubs nurture players, other clubs sign players. It's all win-win.

It's not like a B-team where you can trap a player in your system and hoard young players. 

Exactly... but just don`t say it out loud or folks get all butt hurt!

5 hours ago, Hawf time pie said:

Let`s be honest getting released and resigned is a few clicks of a mouse and there expected loans also from the U20`s expected during the season - only passing on what I`ve been told from people/players within both Buffs & Eglinton. 

Time will tell

Yip 100% agreed, time will tell

I have to be honest here.  I know you ain't talking to the right people who make those decisions as I spoke to one of them recently and he says total nonsense and there is no connection to Eglington from the guys who make the decisions on players at Kilwinning.  There will be no U20s players from Eglington or any team as no assessment has been made on Kilwinning U20s players. Its the U20s coaches who make decisions on the U20s players along with the first team management.  I don't think any players at any of the two clubs will be making decisions on any comings and going at their teams either.

Your talking about a brand new 1st team management who will be full on with working with the U20s Coaches and players and the academy and if the 1st team find any young lads in the academy from advice given by U20 coaches and academy coaches, who are progressing at a great speed then they will bring them in for experience rather than bring external players in unless there is some major problem with the current batch of players.   And if being honest, this is how it should be run and expected to be run by most teams.  The whole point about the U20s is that they are signed registered players and their team is the B team

I haven't checked but I know Kilwinning announced quite a few signed players and by funky monkey on here but are they finished signing players or are they adding more as I've not seen any more?

According to Buffs recent Twitter posts and their website they have signed at least 10 NEW players and many of the former squad have not been retained.

The new signings ;   Dylan Mackin, Chris Millar, Craig Leitch, Mark Lamont, Conor Bolger,  Craig Gordon,  Kevin Nicoll,  Blair Macintyre,  Ewan Henderson & Jack McMahon.