Eglinton, founded?

11 minutes ago, sfha said:

Does anyone know when they were founded. I've come across references to them being originally called Kilwinning Rangers AFC...

The amateur KR team on twitter I saw only claimed from 2021. 

I would think they'll class 2022 as the founding year for Eglinton. 

EDIT: https://www.eglintonfc.co.uk/

contact page to ask for an official answer. About Us page doesn't make it clear.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

They were kilwinning rangers u21s then join the amateur league as kilwinning rangers afc they have now become Eglinton and play at the astro next to the buffs park.

Eglinton were a team formed away back in the early 1900s and have a lot of history if someone wants to check and in recent years before they folded in the early 2000s they were an amateur team.

16 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I’m sure that in the 90s the old Eglinton amateurs had a bit of a reputation of being wild. Not sure if anyone here can confirm that or knows any stories.

Not a patch on Kilwinning Town although a few players moved over from them.

23 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I’m sure that in the 90s the old Eglinton amateurs had a bit of a reputation of being wild. Not sure if anyone here can confirm that or knows any stories.

They had a real bad name about themselves for sure and changed the name of their club a  few times after lengthy bans due to player /management conducts  and fan conduct from the sidelines  . They were a real handful back then to the ammies fraternity  .

On 28/06/2022 at 10:21, Hawf time pie said:

It`s a Buffs feeder team under an assumed name, nothing more

I'm a bit lost, why would Kilwinning need a feeder team when they have a new U20s team where at least two over aged players can play in any u20 league match.
Also the Eglinton squad are registered players and cannot play for Kilwinning, so definitely confused by what you mean.
All semi professional teams with potential feeder teams waits for response so they can crack the code

11 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I'm a bit lost, why would Kilwinning need a feeder team when they have a new U20s team where at least two over aged players can play in any u20 league match.
Also the Eglinton squad are registered players and cannot play for Kilwinning, so definitely confused by what you mean.
All semi professional teams with potential feeder teams waits for response so they can crack the code

The players that are looking like good prospects but too old for 20`s can play there and still be under the eye of first team (the real one)without going to another team. Simple enough for you?

although the team were part of the KRFC pathway as kids they are out on their own, no official connection between the two clubs.

The KRFC amateurs was just the name, the main club didn’t have any input.

we wish them well, it’s a big step up 

12 hours ago, Hawf time pie said:

The players that are looking like good prospects but too old for 20`s can play there and still be under the eye of first team (the real one)without going to another team. Simple enough for you?

You do know these Eglington players are registered Eglinton players and cannot play for Kilwinning and would have to be released so why would the Kilwinning manager go for one of those lads when he has a bit of clout with contacts and can easily get a potential young star from a higher senior team and bring them on loan.

Don't need to try and put it simple enough for me, hmm shall i say it.  I do not expect there to be ANY Eglington players from this season playing for Kilwinning this season, especially when there's a U20s team where I expect the first team coaching staff to be looking at and helping when needed.

But then again, if being fair, football is football, anything can happen

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

The Eglinton team is made or mostly of guys from Kilwinning that have played together for years.

a couple have made the bench over the years for The Buffs but the first team has a 22 man squad and a full U20s and U19s 

15 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

You do know these Eglington players are registered Eglinton players and cannot play for Kilwinning and would have to be released so why would the Kilwinning manager go for one of those lads when he has a bit of clout with contacts and can easily get a potential young star from a higher senior team and bring them on loan.

Don't need to try and put it simple enough for me, hmm shall i say it.  I do not expect there to be ANY Eglington players from this season playing for Kilwinning this season, especially when there's a U20s team where I expect the first team coaching staff to be looking at and helping when needed.

But then again, if being fair, football is football, anything can happen

Let`s be honest getting released and resigned is a few clicks of a mouse and there expected loans also from the U20`s expected during the season - only passing on what I`ve been told from people/players within both Buffs & Eglinton. 

Time will tell

6 minutes ago, Hawf time pie said:

Let`s be honest getting released and resigned is a few clicks of a mouse and there expected loans also from the U20`s expected during the season - only passing on what I`ve been told from people/players within both Buffs & Eglinton. 

If this is the case I'm... all for it. These semi-official link ups between clubs are a good thing. Say John Smith comes through the Buffs U20s. Maybe gets the odd game off the bench but, suddenly, he's too old for the U20s to play regularly, the Buffs like the player, but don't want to stifle his development by keeping him on the bench. He signs for Eglinton. At that point he can, obvisouly, refuse to sign for Eglinton and sign for another clubs if he wants. Or he can still in (basically) the same set up he's used to and continue to improve. If he does well for Eglinton he can go back to the Buffs in future but, also, if he does well other clubs will appear. So maybe the Buffs think he's good but not really good enough for the LL where they are aiming for but Beith like the look of him. He stays in the game, clubs nurture players, other clubs sign players. It's all win-win.

It's not like a B-team where you can trap a player in your system and hoard young players.