How many season tickets sold by each club 2022/2023

30 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s an excellent idea for a club that has sold out their capacity.  Pretty sure some big continental clubs do likewise; not sure about the EPL.

Yeah, Rangers have it in place using a platform called SeatSub. As above, if you make your seat available and the club sell it on then you get a 50% credit towards your season ticket renewal.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

How many do (non Old FIrm/Hibs) fans get allcoated?

I know the cup game next month we would get full stand if required. 

I think the majority of teams will get 2 sections if they want them. So about 1000? If they don't they might get 1 section and we'll sell the rest to Hearts fans.

How many ST have Ross County, Livingston, Motherwell and St Johnstone now sold?

I think alongside St Mirren we all operate on a budget much smaller than all the other teams in the league. I’d expect to see us all competing to stay out of the bottom two places in the league.

St Mirren have currently sold 3339 which given the COL crisis is amazing. I’d be surprised if clubs next season (2023/24) don’t see a large drop in attendances as the COL crisis hits us all hard in the pocket.

People might be able to afford their ST, but may start to cut back in away games. 

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

How many ST have Ross County, Livingston, Motherwell and St Johnstone now sold?

I think alongside St Mirren we all operate on a budget much smaller than all the other teams in the league. I’d expect to see us all competing to stay out of the bottom two places in the league.

St Mirren have currently sold 3339 which given the COL crisis is amazing. I’d be surprised if clubs next season (2023/24) don’t see a large drop in attendances as the COL crisis hits us all hard in the pocket.

People might be able to afford their ST, but may start to cut back in away games. 

We never release our numbers on it, but I'd hazard a guess at 900-1100

On 29/07/2022 at 10:08, Tony Wonder said:

We've introduced a ticket exchange forum now. So if the game sells out, ST holders who can't attend can put their seats up for resale at face value. So feasibly we'll be selling more than our capacity for quite a few games. Good scheme as far as I can see as it allows people to have a chance at a ticket even if sold out and should reduce empty seats. Also if a ST holder sells their seat they get 50% of the cost of that ticket taken off next seasons ST.  Good that selling out our ST allocation won't necessarily lock out walk ups.

Yep, we have had that for a few years now - first game it kicks in this season is Sunday against your lot.

Great idea, allows ST holders not attending credit to their account (think its £17.50?), and people who missed out on general sale another shot at tickets.

On 29/07/2022 at 10:08, Tony Wonder said:

We've introduced a ticket exchange forum now. So if the game sells out, ST holders who can't attend can put their seats up for resale at face value. So feasibly we'll be selling more than our capacity for quite a few games. Good scheme as far as I can see as it allows people to have a chance at a ticket even if sold out and should reduce empty seats. Also if a ST holder sells their seat they get 50% of the cost of that ticket taken off next seasons ST.  Good that selling out our ST allocation won't necessarily lock out walk ups.

This is a good system.  I read Borussia Dortmund have cancelled the season tickets of a few hundred supporters who didn’t attend enough matches last season, and failed to make the ticket available for re-sale for those games.

They think it detracts from the occasion having empty seats, and there’s a big demand for tickets.  I guess with a waiting list of 50000 for ST’s you can be a bit ruthless!

Regarding the hearts rule, do the club keep the other 50% of the sale? Seems a big earner for them considering they’ve sold the seat already.

If anyone is interested, I’d be happy to make my St Johnstone season ticket available for matches for half the ticket price. Please form an orderly queue..

31 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Maybe you need to take a leaf out of Arbroath’s marketing book:

AAA5C492-FEBD-4329-AAAE-9DC48B7F7F16.thumb.jpeg.94998eaf474059111fcf4b06c41c7915.jpeg

Probably but they're off the back of a milestone season where they've done the best they've ever done in years. We're somewhat stuck in between Celtic/Rangers strongholds and folk who have pulls to Hearts/Hibs and even Falkirk in some ways too. Although we have been posting some decent improvements year on year. We've gone from 600-700 to 900-1100 in a few short seasons at least

15 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Regarding the hearts rule, do the club keep the other 50% of the sale? Seems a big earner for them considering they’ve sold the seat already.

Yes, Hearts keep 50% and 50% credit is passed on to the ST holder. Win win situation.

I'd love to see us trial the model used by Bradford, Huddersfield and Hartlepool about 10/15 years ago where they set a financial target based on the minimum season ticket income the club relied on, then reduced the price the more folk signed up. Fans would put down a deposit and the reductions were announced week by week. As soon as the target was reached the final ticket price would drop. 

I recall season ticket prices dropping to near £100 and ST sales being doubled at one club and almost tripled at another. Obviously the catchment areas of these clubs is huge so might be easier said than done up here and the fact that none of those clubs have repeated it and no-one else has trialled it tells me there was some major flaw that I've missed. 

53 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Seems like more of a win for Hearts tbh, selling a seat twice rather than the fan just giving it to a pal or selling it direct to another supporter at face value.

Hearts are fan owned so supporters are happy to contribute as much as possible to the club to improve the team. 

Most of these non-used season tickets would normally have resulted in empty seats and no 50% payment to supporter. 

It's definitely win win situation. 

Yeah I’m afraid I’m seeing that as more of a win win for Hearts, getting 150% income on a seat sold. 

Hearts as a club are up there with the biggest c***s in Scottish football to be honest. A couple of years ago they stopped selling the front section of the away end (about £20 a ticket) and only made the upper section available (at least £27).

As we generally take about 600 to Tynecastle, there’s never cheaper tickets available. 

I wish we’d treat other clubs fans in a reciprocal way. I’d pump prices right up for hearts fans, remove the under 12’s go free deal until they provide fairer treatment for our support.

• 7 months later...
27 minutes ago, Cammy Murray said:
Hi everyone,
For my undergraduate dissertation research, I am currently collecting data on the relationship between season ticket holders and Scottish football clubs.
Anyone over the age of 18 who is a season ticket holder at any Scottish Professional Football League club is eligible to partake. I would be really grateful if anyone could take 5 minutes to complete it.
Thank you for your time, and please email or message me if you have any questions:)

It’s St.JohnstonE

On 07/08/2022 at 12:11, PauloPerth said:

Yeah I’m afraid I’m seeing that as more of a win win for Hearts, getting 150% income on a seat sold. 

Hearts as a club are up there with the biggest c***s in Scottish football to be honest. A couple of years ago they stopped selling the front section of the away end (about £20 a ticket) and only made the upper section available (at least £27).

As we generally take about 600 to Tynecastle, there’s never cheaper tickets available. 

I wish we’d treat other clubs fans in a reciprocal way. I’d pump prices right up for hearts fans, remove the under 12’s go free deal until they provide fairer treatment for our support.

Must have been this season, away allocation is less than 600.