How many season tickets sold by each club 2022/2023

58 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I may have mistaken 2400 for 3400!

Hopefully we can get back to nearish 2400 at least then!

Edit: Just seen @double deluxereply. Looks like somewhere in between the two!

Last season may not be the best to compare sales to though, you had the follow on from a season you won a cup double and one that had no fans with covid restrictions, so surely there would have been an upsurge. Maybe better to gauge it against the season before sales. 

St Mirren have just under 3000 so far, which is 10% less than last season. 

With over a month until ST games start it's a pretty safe bet we will exceed last season's total. We are not 10% down as you say as that's a % of total sales. Plenty more will buy in the next month.

49 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
On 27/06/2022 at 13:16, tam the bud said:
St Mirren have just under 3000 so far, which is 10% less than last season. 

With over a month until ST games start it's a pretty safe bet we will exceed last season's total. We are not 10% down as you say as that's a % of total sales. Plenty more will buy in the next month.

I certainly hope so with payday coming up for many.

At the time of my post, we were 10% down but obviously that was never going to be the final figure. 

I know it is not the only metric by which to measure the ability of a club to compete, but when you see how similar the season ticket sales are for clubs from below Aberdeen’s, then it makes a mockery of the idea that a bigger top flight would dilute the quality.

11 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

I know it is not the only metric by which to measure the ability of a club to compete, but when you see how similar the season ticket sales are for clubs from below Aberdeen’s, then it makes a mockery of the idea that a bigger top flight would dilute the quality.

TBF, there are teams in the championship who will struggle to sell 500.

10 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

TBF, there are teams in the championship who will struggle to sell 500.

They would presumably end up in a new second tier below the exoanded top flight, and have the opportunity of fighting to get promoted in to it though.

I think a larger top flight would give more clubs a chance to grow their fan base too. I do not know the historical figures but with DAFC and Falkirk in the lower divisions for as long as they have been, they may even have been overtaken by clubs that have reached the Premiership/SPL from the highland league in the last few decades, in terms of support. 

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

And teams in League One who'd sell millions, ok thousands, but the way they crowd w**k over their fanbase you'd think it was millions.

Can’t decide which of the “Kincardine Bridge Derby” teams you are referring to. 🤷‍♂️ 

On 27/06/2022 at 20:19, djchapsticks said:

Screenshot_20220627-201628_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c3ada28b3958a8214243c804f212ce5d.jpg

Would like to think that will creep close to 100% of last season's total by time season starts.

On 28/06/2022 at 14:19, Arch Stanton said:

Screenshot_20220628-141925_Adblock Browser.jpg

On 28/06/2022 at 19:33, RussellV1 said:

3025 as of 730pm today, 93% of last years sales

Do St Mirren's Social Media Team broadcast a notification every time they sell a season ticket?

42 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Do St Mirren's Social Media Team broadcast a notification every time they sell a season ticket?

They've got a live stream where they shout out the buyers name like a pirate radio station.