Auchinleck Talbot v. East Kilbride FC

Clydebank v. Stirling University

Cumnock Juniors v. Sauchie Juniors

Drumchapel United v. Vale of Clyde

Gartcairn v. Tranent

Maryhill v. Kilwinning Rangers

Newtongrange Star/Dundonald Bluebell v. Spartans

Threave Rovers v. Caledonian Braves

EDIT: To add the Final will be at Broadwood on the 28th May.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Draw for the next round:

Auchinleck Talbot v. East Kilbride FC

Clydebank v. Stirling University

Cumnock Juniors v. Sauchie Juniors

Drumchapel United v. Vale of Clyde

Gartcairn v. Tranent

Maryhill v. Kilwinning Rangers

Newtongrange Star/Dundonald Bluebell v. Spartans

Threave Rovers v. Caledonian Braves

EDIT: To add the Final will be at Broadwood on the 28th May.

some really good ties there but us v stirling and talbot v east kilbride the picks of the round.

mon the papers

On 07/02/2023 at 01:52, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Sorry, without doubt, Gartcairn vs Tranent is an absolute cracker

Would say they are all cracking ties, this is becoming The Non League Cup to be in. Let's hope the organisers sell the final and make it a day that non league fans from all clubs want to attend. Not just the finalists. 

Footnote for final and going forward, cup committee or whatever they are should encourage as many clubs as possible to supply a highlights package and get it onto a YouTube channel like the big Scottish.

• 1 month later...

Not by it's own standards. The bar is fairly low. The head counts from over the years.

2008-09 Spartans v. Edinburgh University - 150

2012-13 Whitehill Welfare v. Dalbeattie Star - 300

2013-14 East Kilbride v. Dalbeattie Star - 453

2014-15 BSC Glasgow v. Civil Service Strollers - 300

2015-16 Whitehill Welfare v. Edinbugh City - 240

2016-17 East Kilbride v. Cumbernauld Colts - 400/450

2017-18 Civil Service Strollers v. BSC Glasgow - 250

2018-19 East Kilbride v. Bonnyrigg Rose - 570

2019-20* Broomhill v. Dunipace - 450

2021-22 Bonnyrigg Rose v. Auchinleck Talbot - 899

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Not by it's own standards. The bar is fairly low. The head counts from over the years.

2008-09 Spartans v. Edinburgh University - 150

2012-13 Whitehill Welfare v. Dalbeattie Star - 300

2013-14 East Kilbride v. Dalbeattie Star - 453

2014-15 BSC Glasgow v. Civil Service Strollers - 300

2015-16 Whitehill Welfare v. Edinbugh City - 240

2016-17 East Kilbride v. Cumbernauld Colts - 400/450

2017-18 Civil Service Strollers v. BSC Glasgow - 250

2018-19 East Kilbride v. Bonnyrigg Rose - 570

2019-20* Broomhill v. Dunipace - 450

2021-22 Bonnyrigg Rose v. Auchinleck Talbot - 899

But apparently we have to scrap the Scottish Junior Cup that can still attract anywhere from 4,000 to 7,000 for the final depending on teams involved and focus on this cup only.

11 minutes ago, Shannon said:

But apparently we have to scrap the Scottish Junior Cup that can still attract anywhere from 4,000 to 7,000 for the final depending on teams involved and focus on this cup only.

But Junior = bad so no other considerations matter.

.Hot Shots Idiot GIF

23 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Why are you bringing it up in the South Challenge  Cup Thread?. No one is saying scrap the Scottish junior cup for the South Challenge Cup.  The South Challenge cup has nothing to do with the Junior cup.  The south challenge Cup which is in its 16th season is just the hardest cup to win out all of all the cups that the WOSFL teams are involved in, (apart for the main Scottish Cup) and unfortunately for some that is fact.  Its a cup for all teams in the south of Scotland in the leagues of SOSFL, WOSFL and EOSFL to see who the best is. Think this season it was 108 teams in the junior cup and 163 in the south challenge cup with teams involved from tier 5.

The interesting draw means we will have a Lowland League vs West of Scotland league final.
I cant call it between Gartcairn and Drumchapel but think Spartans will beat Caledonian Braves to reach the final

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

2 minutes ago, Shanner said:

But Junior = bad so no other considerations matter.

.Hot Shots Idiot GIF

For some I suppose.

Vast majority of the criticisms of the Junior Cup has nothing to do with the final. It's how it gets there.

As with the pyramid, there's no particular love of what's there when it comes to the South Challenge Cup. More a case of what it could be if tweaked. Which is why a new national non-league cup or mergers are the main talking points.

Fact is if there was an all-in competition newer clubs like Drumchapel, Gartcairn, Braves, St Cadoc's, EKFC might well find themselves in the final. At which point it wouldn't matter what the cup was called.

3 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Why are you bringing it up in the South Challenge  Cup Thread?. No one is saying scrap the Scottish junior cup for the South Challenge Cup.  The South Challenge cup has nothing to do with the Junior cup.  The south challenge Cup which is in its 16th season is just the hardest cup to win out all of all the cups that the WOSFL teams are involved in, (apart for the main Scottish Cup) and unfortunately for some that is fact.  Its a cup for all teams in the south of Scotland in the leagues of SOSFL, WOSFL and EOSFL to see who the best is. Think this season it was 108 teams in the junior cup and 163 in the south challenge cup with teams involved from tier 5.

The interesting draw means we will have a Lowland League vs West of Scotland league final.
I cant call it between Gartcairn and Drumchapel but think Spartans will beat Caledonian Braves to reach the final

There has been plenty of posts that are saying the Junior Cup is rubbish and clubs should focus on this cup that just doesn't bring out the supporters that Junior Cup still does despite having fewer teams and loss of most of East of Scotland teams.

Back on topic Gartcairn and Drumchapel doing so well in this cup will have teams in West Premier knowing they will be very tough games come next season if both promoted as I expect.

Edited by Shannon

6 hours ago, Shannon said:

There has been plenty of posts that are saying the Junior Cup is rubbish and clubs should focus on this cup that just doesn't bring out the supporters that Junior Cup still does despite having fewer teams and loss of most of East of Scotland teams.

Back on topic Gartcairn and Drumchapel doing so well in this cup will have teams in West Premier knowing they will be very tough games come next season if both promoted as I expect.

Gartcairn have a lot of work to do to be promoted this season.

On 02/04/2023 at 03:04, Shannon said:

But as I said, what's it to do with the South Challenge Cup on this thread?  The South Challenge Cup had its biggest amount of teams enter this season and is factually the hardest tournament to win outside the Main Scottish Cup for all teams tier 5 and below.  
You can look at it both ways, I think that tells you a lot, great attendances for the Junior cup final and good on it especially as many fans only know about the junior cup and its what they grew up on, thinking it was the ultimate and I was the same.

Heres a question for you and it taken from your comment above and its a genuine question ( Junior Cup has fewer teams and lost of most of the East of Scotland teams and quite a few WOSFL teams did not enter this season.   - Can your work out why?)  Do you think these teams are not in it because they think the junior cup is amazing and too hard to win, so no point entering?

There are a lot of fans who don't even realize that their team is part of the pyramid system, some don't know that their team may have a development team. Teams are run by committees, (usually), and quite a lot would rather wish they were still in the junior league, which you think to yourself, how sad. If I supported a team and my committee didn't see any future in progress for my team then I'd want them binned.   The South Challenge cup was laughable years previously but now more teams have joined the EOSFL teams and thus entered the South Challenge cup and so did the WOSFL.  Me personally, I was over the moon that Auchinleck beat Bonnyrigg last season for the bragging rights West Vs East etc...
My view is junior football is finished, its just football now and any team who wants to try and rise through the divisions can now do so.

There's a lot on here who are for junior and many who are against.  I loved junior football but realized there was no future in it as all you can ever do is win the top division in the junior league and not go any further even if you had asperations to do so.  I love that the junior leagues are no longer and I love that any team can rise through the divisions to see how far they can go, its their choice, obviously right now the pyramid has flaws but hopefully, eventually, these will be overcome to speed it up and make it more equal for everyone.  I loved playing junior football and being part of it but I feel its finished and only tiny remnants still exists but for us all, it will always be remembered as we played and watched it.

Regarding potential premier teams, Gartcain, they are a quality side, watched them a couple of times, but they have to go some to get promoted even if they have games still to play to catch up, similar to Drumchapel. Are they good enough, hell yeah but they have to play Benburb home and away, totally different contrast in style to Gartcairn and still to play Drumchapel home and away and Johnstone Burgh and I genuinely couldn't call it right now who will be promoted but I will lolol.     I'm thinking Drumchapel, Gartcairn and Benburb but with everyone still to play everyone, oufftd,  so hard but whoever wins promotion has done so deservedly 

1 Benburb [SFA] 22 13 3 6 47 32 +15 42 Promotion to the Premier Division
2 Kilbirnie Ladeside 23 12 5 6 52 36 +16 41
3 St Cadoc's 21 12 5 4 41 26 +15 41
4 Drumchapel United 18 13 0 5 50 28 +22 39  
5 Johnstone Burgh 22 10 4 8 35 30 +5 34
6 Gartcairn 17 10 3 4 40 25 +15 33
Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

13 hours ago, Shannon said:

Well suppose we'll soon see what the Junior Cup final lineup will be, could be Glenafton v East Craigie played at Broadwood which I doubt will bring in 4k...

14 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Well suppose we'll soon see what the Junior Cup final lineup will be, could be Glenafton v East Craigie played at Broadwood which I doubt will bring in 4k...

There hasn't been a final that reached 7,000 or higher since 2008-09 aka 15 years ago next season. It's not quite rose tinted specs to the era of Hampden/Ibrox finals, but there's a lot of change since then and i'm not convinced any non-league final would cross 6,000 these days.

8 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

There hasn't been a final that reached 7,000 or higher since 2008-09 aka 15 years ago next season. It's not quite rose tinted specs to the era of Hampden/Ibrox finals, but there's a lot of change since then and i'm not convinced any non-league final would cross 6,000 these days.

St Roch’s V Kilwinning Rangers  would fill Hampden. 

Edited by Lurcer