South Region Challenge Cup 2022-23

30 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Other than the Junior Cup and the Scottish Cup, do any other cups pay anything out with the home gate?

Only the South Challenge cup as far as I'm aware

The other cups are domestic so wouldn't expect so but I'm sure I read somewhere that unless there is a bit of travelling over a certain distance the home team take the gate

4 hours ago, rutherglen glencairn said:

Highlights of Glencairn v Finnart

https://youtu.be/cNTcl_sX64c

First half highlights you can see Glencairn are technically better but I'm surprised with Finnart, a good drilled team, trying to play football and the Glencairn keeper pulled of a couple of excellent saves first half.

In the second half the first 15 minutes Finnart just lost it, think they were still in the dressing room and with Glens quick attacks losing 3 goals but after that there was a lot of highlights of Finnart hitting Glencairn constantly, maybe Glens played defensive after being up 4.0 but you can see this team moving up a few divisions if they continue in this style n theme.  Brill highlights again  👍

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

10 minutes ago, Meadowman said:

Seems Muirkirk have been disqualified from the South Challenge Cup for playing an illegible player,seems it’s a rule for one and another rule for the rest 

One assumes that muirkirk don't have a high up figure on the west committee  .

2 hours ago, Meadowman said:

Seems Muirkirk have been disqualified from the South Challenge Cup for playing an illegible player,seems it’s a rule for one and another rule for the rest 

If the player was illegible, that's maybe why they couldn't read his name on the list of suspensions 😂

(I suspect you meant "ineligible" 😉)

13 hours ago, Meadowman said:

I'm lost, did someone else play a illegible or disqualified player in the south challenge cup and have not been disqualified ?  Who was the team and will the opposition go to the next round and will Kello go to the next round.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread