Jump to content

South Region Challenge Cup 2022-23


Recommended Posts

The draw is being made tonight - but has the WoSFL after only one full season had an influence on it already?

I heard that gate money is to be shared after deducting match officials expenses next season. Something that already happens for all the West Cups and SJFA Cup. There are around 160~ish clubs take part with nearly half of them now coming from the WoSFL.

(I miss the bickering between the West and East clubs the SJFA Cup gave - maybe I'll start some new ones with this).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

The draw is being made tonight - but has the WoSFL after only one full season had an influence on it already?

I heard that gate money is to be shared after deducting match officials expenses next season. Something that already happens for all the West Cups and SJFA Cup. There are around 160~ish clubs take part with nearly half of them now coming from the WoSFL.

(I miss the bickering between the West and East clubs the SJFA Cup gave - maybe I'll start some new ones with this).

The model that existed was never really meant to be scaled up in the way it was. It had to be on its last legs. In the past considering it started of as a pre-pyramid competition the typical gate would be lucky to get near a 100 with just SoS/EoS teams involved. Its one of the reasons even in those days they had regionalisation at times to minimise costs.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

163 clubs in the draw. Newburgh the one exclusion for a breach of the rules last season.

Split into the 4 regions for the First and Second Rounds again. Interest in 3 of the 4 zones for WoSFL clubs as some fall into the North-East.

North West:

image.thumb.png.924599758f5ab913728b72ae74d92ca7.png

South West:

image.thumb.png.8acdc1c8ede888af3606f0f9f577dba9.png

North East:

image.thumb.png.b7f846f5884e52b35b19eee07e8c10e1.png

For completion the South East:

image.thumb.png.5b8f579f052a61395684b7c2a3c4abde.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

North East First Round:
Camelon v. West Park United
Cowdenbeath v. Cumbernauld Colts
Crossgates Primrose v. Stirling University
East Stirlingshire v. Kirkcaldy & Dysart
Glenrothes v. OG Broomhill
Kilsyth Rangers v. Hill of Beath Hawthorn
Luncarty v. Kirkintilloch Rob Roy
Rosyth v. Gartcairn
Shotts Bon Accord v. Burntisland Shipyard

North East Second Round:
Bo'ness United v. Thorniewood United
Camelon/West Park United v. Thornton Hibs
Crossgates Primrose/Stirling University v. East Stirlingshire/Kirkcaldy & Dysart
Easterhouse Academy v. Kinnoull
Glenrothes/OG Broomhill v. Bellshill Athletic
Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts v. Kilsyth Athletic
Jeanfield Swifts v. Cowdenbeath/Cumbernauld Colts
Kennoway Star Hearts v. Glasgow University
Kilsyth Rangers/Hill of Beath Hawthorn v. Dunipace
Linlithgow Rose v. Oakley United
Lochgelly Albert v. Bo'ness Athletic
Lochore Welfare v. Dundonald Bluebell
Rossvale Academy v. Shotts Bon Accord/Burntisland Shipyard
Rosyth/Gartcairn v. Syngenta
Sauchie Juniors v. Cumbernauld United
St Andrews United v. Luncarty/Kirkintilloch Rob Roy

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

North East First Round:
Camelon v. West Park United
Cowdenbeath v. Cumbernauld Colts
Crossgates Primrose v. Stirling University
East Stirlingshire v. Kirkcaldy & Dysart
Glenrothes v. OG Broomhill
Kilsyth Rangers v. Hill of Beath Hawthorn
Luncarty v. Kirkintilloch Rob Roy
Rosyth v. Gartcairn
Shotts Bon Accord v. Burntisland Shipyard

North East Second Round:
Bo'ness United v. Thorniewood United
Camelon/West Park United v. Thornton Hibs
Crossgates Primrose/Stirling University v. East Stirlingshire/Kirkcaldy & Dysart
Easterhouse Academy v. Kinnoull
Glenrothes/OG Broomhill v. Bellshill Athletic
Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts v. Kilsyth Athletic
Jeanfield Swifts v. Cowdenbeath/Cumbernauld Colts
Kennoway Star Hearts v. Glasgow University
Kilsyth Rangers/Hill of Beath Hawthorn v. Dunipace
Linlithgow Rose v. Oakley United
Lochgelly Albert v. Bo'ness Athletic
Lochore Welfare v. Dundonald Bluebell
Rossvale Academy v. Shotts Bon Accord/Burntisland Shipyard
Rosyth/Gartcairn v. Syngenta
Sauchie Juniors v. Cumbernauld United
St Andrews United v. Luncarty/Kirkintilloch Rob Roy

 

Thanks for posting the draw like this. The offical twitter is hard to read due to the choice of font and white writing on a light blue background.

Why do they make everything so fucking difficult

Edited by Wile E Coyote
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They did the SE section next, but there's no WoSFL involvement in this side of the draw. Gives you a sense of who might be making the All In Third Round though.

South East First Round:
Armadale Thistle v. Tranent
Bathgate Thistle v. Penicuik Athletic
Civil Service Strollers v. Heriot-Watt University
Dalkeith Thistle v. Whitburn
Edinburgh United v. Pumpherston
Ormiston Primrose v. Easthouses Lily MW
Tweedmouth Rangers v. Dunbar United
Tynecastle v. Livingston United
West Calder United v. Edinburgh College

South East Second Round:
Bathgate Thistle/Penicuik Athletic v. Peebles Rovers
Civil Service Strollers/Heriot-Watt University v. Edinburgh University
Coldstream v. Harthill Royal
Dalkeith Thistle/Whitburn v. Broxburn Athletic
Edinburgh South v. Arniston Rangers
Edinburgh United/Pumpherston v. Blackburn United
Fauldhouse United v. Hawick Royal Albert
Haddington Athletic v. Armadale Thistle/Tranent
Lothian Thistle HV v. Craigroyston
Musselburgh Athletic v. Gala Fairydean Rovers
Newtongrange Star v. West Calder United/Edinburgh College
Spartans v. Berwick Rangers
Stoneyburn v. Ormiston Primrose/Easthouses Lily MW
Tweedmouth Rangers/Dunbar United v. Preston Athletic
Vale of Leithen v. Tynecastle/Livingston United
Whitehill Welfare v. Leith Athletic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

South West First Round
Bonnyton Thistle v. Glenafton Athletic
Darvel v. Hurlford United
Gretna 2008 v. Cambuslang Rangers
Muirkirk v. Kello Rovers
Newmains United v. Abbey Vale
Royal Albert v. Creetown
Threave Rovers v. Mid-Annandale
Troon v. Blantyre Victoria

South West Second Round:
Auchinleck Talbot v. Craigmark Burntonians
Bonnyton Thistle/Glenafton Athletic v. Lugar Boswell Thistle
Carluke Rovers v. Caledonian Braves
Cumnock v. Upper Annandale
East Kilbride Thistle v. Darvel/Hurlford United
Gretna 2008/Cambuslang Rangers v. Wishaw
Lanark United v. East Kilbride FC
Lesmahagow v. Whitletts Victoria
Lochar Thistle v. Larkhall Thistle
Maybole v. Girvan
Muirkirk/Kello Rovers v. Royal Albert/Creetown
Newmains United/Abbey Vale v. Dalbeattie Star
Newton Stewart v. Wigtown & Bladnoch
Nithsdale Wanderers v. Threave Rovers/Mid-Annandale
St Cuthbert Wanderers v. Lochmaben
Troon/Blantyre Victoria v. Forth Wanderers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

South West First Round
Bonnyton Thistle v. Glenafton Athletic
Darvel v. Hurlford United
Gretna 2008 v. Cambuslang Rangers
Muirkirk v. Kello Rovers
Newmains United v. Abbey Vale
Royal Albert v. Creetown
Threave Rovers v. Mid-Annandale
Troon v. Blantyre Victoria

South West Second Round:
Auchinleck Talbot v. Craigmark Burntonians
Bonnyton Thistle/Glenafton Athletic v. Lugar Boswell Thistle
Carluke Rovers v. Caledonian Braves
Cumnock v. Upper Annandale
East Kilbride Thistle v. Darvel/Hurlford United
Gretna 2008/Cambuslang Rangers v. Wishaw
Lanark United v. East Kilbride FC
Lesmahagow v. Whitletts Victoria
Lochar Thistle v. Larkhall Thistle
Maybole v. Girvan
Muirkirk/Kello Rovers v. Royal Albert/Creetown
Newmains United/Abbey Vale v. Dalbeattie Star
Newton Stewart v. Wigtown & Bladnoch
Nithsdale Wanderers v. Threave Rovers/Mid-Annandale
St Cuthbert Wanderers v. Lochmaben
Troon/Blantyre Victoria v. Forth Wanderers

Well done on correcting their mistake. The official tweet has Lochar as Lochore

Link to comment
Share on other sites

North West First Round:
Ardrossan Winton Rovers v. St Roch's
Beith v. St Anthony's
Benburb v. Dalry Thistle
Greenock Juniors v. Thorn Athletic
Maryhill v. Port Glasgow
Pollok v. Eglinton
Rutherglen Glencairn v. Finnart
St Peter's v. Renfrew
Vale of Leven v. Largs Thistle

Nort West Second Round:
Ardeer Thistle v. Glasgow United
Arthurlie v. Irvine Meadow
Ashfield v. Greenock Juniors/Thorn Athletic
Beith/St Anthony's v. Vale of Leven/Largs Thistle
Benburb/Dalry Thistle v. Rutherglen Glencairn/Finnart
Glasgow Perthshire v. Kilwinning Rangers
Glenvale v. Yoker Athletic
Harmony Row v. Neilston
Johnstone Burgh v. Campbeltown Pupils
Kilbirnie Ladeside v. Drumchapel United
Maryhill/Port Glasgow v. Ardrossan Winton Rovers/St Roch's
Petershill v. Vale of Clyde
Pollok/Eglinton v. Clydebank
Rossvale Juniors v. Irvine Victoria
Saltcoats Victoria v. St Peter's/Renfrew
St Cadoc's v. BSC Glasgow

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, KRayr said:

Like the awful west of Scotland league format on twitter and the website still insisting on the god awful purple theme for everything they do which remind me of an amateur mid 2000s effort. 

Better in Dinosaur Green….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...