LEAGUE 2 Predictions

7 hours ago, Highland ITFC said:

I thought some time ago that it would be quite interesting to have a composite of all the individual predictions that folk have made on this thread. Coming across the thread again the other day, & with the league starting to take some early season shape, with just over a quarter of games played, thought why not crack on & do it.

So ..... based strictly on all the 1-10 predictions submitted - haven't taken into account those that were incomplete & just predicted top & bottom, or top, bottom & playoffs - & using a simple scoring of 1st = 10 points, 2nd = 9, & so on down to 10th = 1 point, here's how the composite prediction table stacks up:

1: Stenhousemuir 297 points

2: Forfar 295

3: Dumbarton 221

4: Annan 206

5: Stirling 202

6: Bonnyrigg 188

7: Stranraer 137

8: East Fife 115

9: Elgin 108

10: Albion 56

So there you go for what it's worth. Thoughts!

Other than Forfar, Annan and Elgin, that's not a million miles away from where we are atm. A wee bit surprising. I think most folk felt there weren't any stand out teams before the season started, and there wouldn't be much between the teams.

No idea whether it'll end up that way by the end of the season though.

• 3 months later...
On 09/07/2022 at 20:19, db11 said:

They are not odds on favourites for a start, 3/1 at best. When they are released as favourites the bookies arent reacting to money placed. As far as I can see there is no great change in prices since opening which would be a reaction to the money placed with the bookies.  

On 09/07/2022 at 20:56, db11 said:

My knickers are not in a twist. I was just highlighting your misinformed statement. The bookies are far better informed than you.  I look forward to finishing the season above your lot, didn’t go too well for you last time we met and that was about 5 leagues apart

Another wee bump to remind everyone of how well informed the bookies and db11 are. 

Take a brave man to back against Bonnyrigg finishing bottom but if I was to pick a team who could it would be East Fife.

They are absolutely dreadful with what looks like a manager out of his depth. They certainly wouldn't be missed with yon' admission fees and generally poor away day.

• 2 months later...
On 09/07/2022 at 19:27, db11 said:

Yes mate, the bookies know f**k all. They just have a rough stab in the dark? Laughable statement

On 09/07/2022 at 20:19, db11 said:

They are not odds on favourites for a start, 3/1 at best. When they are released as favourites the bookies arent reacting to money placed. As far as I can see there is no great change in prices since opening which would be a reaction to the money placed with the bookies.  

On 09/07/2022 at 20:56, db11 said:

My knickers are not in a twist. I was just highlighting your misinformed statement. The bookies are far better informed than you.  I look forward to finishing the season above your lot, didn’t go too well for you last time we met and that was about 5 leagues apart

image.gif.36a07c7f1e95ae799d43f648a166c40e.gif

I think the bookies were hyper-risk averse to whoever came into the league because of the way Cove and Kelty romped the league previously.

They would be anticipating a lot of people blindly backing Bonnyrigg and so they managed their liabilities accordingly, without necessarily knowing the intricacies of Bonnyrigg’s squad or the tactical acumen of their coaching staff. 

They started the season like a train but look a million miles from that now. Brutal football, limited creativity, and poor discipline.

It’s a shame as they have a cracking support and are a welcome addition. I’m just surprised Albion Rovers are somehow below them at the moment. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/01/2023 at 10:55, Neilly said:

Take a brave man to back against Bonnyrigg finishing bottom but if I was to pick a team who could it would be East Fife.

They are absolutely dreadful with what looks like a manager out of his depth. They certainly wouldn't be missed with yon' admission fees and generally poor away day.

On 29/01/2023 at 14:16, Nigel Blackwell said:

East Fife have consistently been the worst team I have seen. Bonnyrigg on their own patch I think might get enough points to stay up.

Don’t think Stenhousemuir guys like us very much however giruy😂😂😂😂

Edited by WhoAmI

On 29/01/2023 at 10:55, Neilly said:

😭😭😭😭

2 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Some turnaround from the Fife. Enjoy the play offs lads.

Not expecting very much from the play offs but just glad to be part of things. I hold my hands up to thinking that we would be fighting down the other end of the league at start of the season and more recently in January. Fair play to all the players for getting into a play off position and particularly Alex Ferguson who has been immense in midfield and Allan Fleming who pulled off some points saving saves regularly. Could go on naming players but collectively they all deserve praise.

On 02/10/2022 at 16:30, EdinburghBlue said:

I will bracket Forfar with Bonnyrigg and Stirling for 7-9, with Forfar maybe ninth, although unimpressed with any of the three and Bonnyrigg may falter if they don’t refresh their squad in January

It’s easy to pull up comments from pre-season when predictions are mostly done on guesswork but this was from two months into the season when Stirling were second and had not long pumped Stranraer 4-1.

5 hours ago, miketheheadlesschicken said:

It’s easy to pull up comments from pre-season when predictions are mostly done on guesswork but this was from two months into the season when Stirling were second and had not long pumped Stranraer 4-1.

Indeed. Congratulations on winning the league but I’ve been unimpressed every time I’ve seen you! I think you won because of much greater consistency than anyone else, rather than being the best team.

1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Indeed. Congratulations on winning the league but I’ve been unimpressed every time I’ve seen you! I think you won because of much greater consistency than anyone else, rather than being the best team.

I’ve read a lot of daft posts on here over the years and this is up there with the daftest 😂😂

1 minute ago, BB_Bino said:

I’ve read a lot of daft posts on here over the years and this is up there with the daftest 😂😂

For the hard of thinking… on their day any of the nine other teams could/would have beaten you. But on average they couldn’t maintain this quality.