LEAGUE 2 Predictions

My knickers are not in a twist. I was just highlighting your misinformed statement. The bookies are far better informed than you.  I look forward to finishing the season above your lot, didn’t go too well for you last time we met and that was about 5 leagues apart
Last time we met, you should've beaten us in the first game and deserved the win in the second. We got lucky by taking it to a replay. And I expect you will finish above us this season. But I'm not sure you know how little bookies know about L2. It's absolute guesswork and your odds will be based upon the record of the last two promotees rather than your own. I do wish Bonnyrigg the best for the coming season.

1 hour ago, db11 said:

My knickers are not in a twist. I was just highlighting your misinformed statement. The bookies are far better informed than you.  I look forward to finishing the season above your lot, didn’t go too well for you last time we met and that was about 5 leagues apart

I've predicted Bonnyrigg to finish above us myself, if you'd read the thread. You've gone off on one for no reason here, hope you boys aren't this touchy when the season actually starts, could be a long year. 

3 hours ago, db11 said:

I have a better idea than most on the inner workings of the bookies and it not guesswork

I remember when the bookies were confused between our Chris Kane and Cowden’s Chris Kane and were offering outrageously long odds on the former as first goal scorer.

And that was at Championship level.

Edited by FifeSons

9 hours ago, FifeSons said:

I remember when the bookies were confused between our Chris Kane and Cowden’s Chris Kane and were offering outrageously long odds on the former as first goal scorer.

And that was at Championship level.

Indeed. They also offered odds of 16/1 for Garry Fleming to score first for about 2 months solid because they didn’t realise he was our striker. Again this was in the Championshop and again is an example that the bookies don’t have the slightest scooby about the Scottish lower league or the jobbers that ply their trade there. 

Silly to make predictions before squads have firmed up and teams get a few competitive games under their belt. But I’ll be silly…

1. Forfar

2. Stenhousemuir 

3-7. Annan, Dumbarton, East Fife, Elgin, Stranraer

8-9. Bonnyrigg/Stirling

10. Albion Rovers

49 minutes ago, Shawheadrover said:

Oh my; Rovers really should just forfeit all their fixtures with these predictions from the 'ambitious teams' in League 2...

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion Rover's finish 10th, but someone has to finish bottom.

1 hour ago, Shawheadrover said:

Oh my; Rovers really should just forfeit all their fixtures with these predictions from the 'ambitious teams' in League 2...

It's pretty logical to project the team with the lowest budget in the league may finish bottom of the league, a team who conceded the most in the division last season no less.

Certainly no need to cry about it as you have done. It's nothing personal.

15 minutes ago, Vodka Vic said:

A good few predicting Rovers will finish bottom. Most Rovers fans wouldn’t want it any other way. 

As long as they accept that it's not a list of who people WANT to finish bottom, then it's all good.

5 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

As long as they accept that it's not a list of who people WANT to finish bottom, then it's all good.

I want East Fife to finish bottom because it'll make their support on here seethe.

On 14/07/2022 at 12:14, Shawheadrover said:

It's dog eat dog in league 2 and Rovers can bite like all the other dogs. God knows you've proved that to us often enough.

On 16/07/2022 at 10:20, Raith_Raver said:

I hope Albion Rovers win the league and piss off all you big team suporters.

Unlikely my fellow Rover although we did fire a wee warning shot across the bow with a deserved win against  Kelty yesterday. Of course we’ve been here before- the premier cup is a pseudo pre-season tournament. League Two will have a bit more of a traditional look this year with no moneybags Kelty/Cove lording it over us. I’m assuming Stenny are the club with the most cash with Stirling close behind.