Dumbarton          5/1
Forfar                     5/1
East Fife                 8/1
Annan                    9/1
Elgin                       12/1
Stirling                   12/1
Stranraer              16/1
Albion Rovers      33/1

Cannot see Bonnyrigg, in all reality, finishing as champs unless the bookies know something we don't                      

12 minutes ago, Crazy Days said:

Latest Odds from Ladbrokes

Bonnyrigg             3/1

Stenhousemuir   4/1

Dumbarton          5/1

Forfar                     5/1

East Fife                 8/1

Annan                    9/1

Elgin                       12/1

Stirling                   12/1

Stranraer              16/1

Albion Rovers      33/1

Cannot see Bonnyrigg, in all reality, finishing as champs unless the bookies know something we don't                      

All the bookies know is that a lot of people have bet on Bonnyrigg.

On 05/07/2022 at 22:59, foreverarover said:
On 26/06/2022 at 17:45, FifeSons said:
Stirling last is bold.

Watched Stirling in two matches at the weekend. They were absolutely garbage.

Get away, we weren't that good, but I'm clinging to the faint hope that friendlies aren't an indication of what we'll get when games are for real.

Changed my prediction from 2 weeks ago. 

1. Annan - seem to have kept the bulk of last seasons squad and signed a couple of decent players.

2. Forfar - defensively solid. They seem to have signed better attacking options than last season but can these players perform and win the league first time of asking? Doubtful. James Keatings should be a flop also.

3. Stenny - have a decent league 2 squad already but Swifts style of play seems to limit the chances created and may not suit their attacking options. 

4 - 9 Stirling, Stranraer, Elgin, Dumbarton, East Fife or Bonnyrigg in any order. Nobody knows but I am certain East Fife will struggle to make any impact.

10. Albion Rovers - their time is up. 

5 hours ago, AlbionMan said:

Get away, we weren't that good, but I'm clinging to the faint hope that friendlies aren't an indication of what we'll get when games are for real.

If you lose to us in the Betfred tomorrow then I'd probably call it a day. We've managed the grand total of two wins since that group stage format was introduced; Annan in 2019 and Queen's Park in 2018. Both 1-0. And both when we were in a higher division. 

If you lose to us in the Betfred tomorrow then I'd probably call it a day. We've managed the grand total of two wins since that group stage format was introduced; Annan in 2019 and Queen's Park in 2018. Both 1-0. And both when we were in a higher division. 
And since that win against Annan, we've lost all ten matches we've played with 6 goals scored and 31 (thirty-one) conceded.

13 hours ago, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

Changed my prediction from 2 weeks ago. 

1. Annan - seem to have kept the bulk of last seasons squad and signed a couple of decent players.

2. Forfar - defensively solid. They seem to have signed better attacking options than last season but can these players perform and win the league first time of asking? Doubtful. James Keatings should be a flop also.

3. Stenny - have a decent league 2 squad already but Swifts style of play seems to limit the chances created and may not suit their attacking options. 

4 - 9 Stirling, Stranraer, Elgin, Dumbarton, East Fife or Bonnyrigg in any order. Nobody knows but I am certain East Fife will struggle to make any impact.

10. Albion Rovers - their time is up. 

I would expect Annan to be up there too. They've slowly, but steadily improved year on year since they joined the league. Along with Stirling, they would've netted TV money through their cup clashes with Rangers last year (if it's not been used to service  debt/covid issues). 

All isn't rosy in the Stirling garden, despite getting their business done early, a trait we were used to under Young.

Stenny  & Forfar should be there, or thereabouts.

On 05/07/2022 at 11:08, The Moonster said:

All the bookies know is that a lot of people have bet on Bonnyrigg.

Yes mate, the bookies know f**k all. They just have a rough stab in the dark? Laughable statement

35 minutes ago, db11 said:

Yes mate, the bookies know f**k all. They just have a rough stab in the dark? Laughable statement

Calm down. Bonnyrigg may well win the league but if you think they are odds on favourites because the bookies have some Scottish League 2 insider info and know Bonnyrigg will win the league rather than shifting their odds to match bets placed then I'm not sure who's being laughable. 

How much was your stake?

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Calm down. Bonnyrigg may well win the league but if you think they are odds on favourites because the bookies have some Scottish League 2 insider info and know Bonnyrigg will win the league rather than shifting their odds to match bets placed then I'm not sure who's being laughable. 

How much was your stake?

They are not odds on favourites for a start, 3/1 at best. When they are released as favourites the bookies arent reacting to money placed. As far as I can see there is no great change in prices since opening which would be a reaction to the money placed with the bookies.  

My knickers are not in a twist. I was just highlighting your misinformed statement. The bookies are far better informed than you.  I look forward to finishing the season above your lot, didn’t go too well for you last time we met and that was about 5 leagues apart