Your Club's Manager, as a Player

On 25/06/2022 at 23:32, D'Jaffo said:

In terms of Bullen, I’ve never seen him play but as a striker for Dunfermline I’d imagine he’d be down near the bottom of the list but by all accounts he was a fantastic centre back for Sheffield so I’d say he’s middle of the pack overall.

Its pretty hard to call Bullen a striker for us,  it was his position when he came in, but he played everywhere.  Long time ago but I'd say his best games were at full back.

Edited by parsforlife

Gary Bowyer is likely very close to the bottom, if not the bottom but he's the type of guy that everyone as a youngster knows. The would've made it to the top if it wasn't for the horrific injuries type.

So for that reason, he's easily a top candidate IMO. And that's absolutely, definitely not because Billy Dodds and Jim McIntyre are near the top. Definitely not.

10 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

We've made a huge jump this season from McGlynn to Murray. Should be looking for a top 4 at least.

Dodds and Coyle are the only two who I would put ahead of him. A solid 3rd place for us and home advantage in the first play off tie.

7 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Given how much Dougie managed to wind up the Motherwell fans in our cup tie last season, I'm quite looking forward to our games against Dundee this season.

982824845_2014.4.19(1-0)DougieImrievDundee.gif.7214587d716e2844eea60e9f0bcdbf27.gif

Favourite Imrie moment was in a Challenge Cup final. 

Inverness were leading by 2. We battled back in the second half and went 3-2 in front. Imrie was brought on as a last roll of the dice by Caley and was sent off after a mere minute on the field.

Seemed to also go through a habit of regularly scoring against us as well.

Any better candidates as assistants at least? Neil Scally and Alan Archibald were decent if unspectacular players.

McCall got to wind up Jackie McQuillen in A Shot At Glory, beyond that ive no idea what like he was as a player, before my time...

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

From my memory, I would rank them like this, purely in terms of playing ability. I have no memory of Bowyer or Campbell as players, so have omitted them from the rankings. However, as a bunch of lads, there's a hell of a lot of cuntage in this list...

Ian McCall
Billy Dodds

Owen Coyle
Jim McIntyre
Ian Murray
Lee Bullen
John Rankin
Dougie Imrie

23 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Inverness were leading by 2. We battled back in the second half and went 3-2 in front. Imrie was brought on as a last roll of the dice by Caley and was sent off after a mere minute on the field.

That'll be the season in which dundee were 15 points clear in January at the top of the league.

They finished second.

6 minutes ago, KingBeastie said:

That'll be the season in which dundee were 15 points clear in January at the top of the league.

They finished second.

What's the relevance, sorry?

On 26/06/2022 at 16:27, Ludo*1 said:

I remember this vividly, we were immense first half, then griffiths decided to play. Imrie came on and went straight down the tunnel about 2 mins later. 

Still not the best come back that season mind you 😉

15 minutes ago, weirdcal said:

I remember this vividly, we were immense first half, then griffiths decided to play. Imrie came on and went straight down the tunnel about 2 mins later. 

Seems he's chosen not to remember the rest of that season for some reason.

1 minute ago, KingBeastie said:

Seems he's chosen not to remember the rest of that season for some reason.

It was the year of the real leigh griffiths blog so I can guess how reality might have faded into the fiction. 

Sacking manager when top of the league, getting in chisholm. Ending up a good number of points behind in the end. 

Old manager flying about on a jet pack

Star striker living in a teepee down the park

A cat with a moustache and it's own jet pack. 

I mean it's hard to spot which of those is real or not 

47 minutes ago, KingBeastie said:

Dougie Imrie won the league.
I really don't think he, or any Inverness player, gave a shit about the challenge cup at the end of that season.

So there's none then, thanks for clearing that up.

1 hour ago, weirdcal said:

Indeed. Imrie was always good for a meltdown on the pitch. Mind you, so was Griffiths!