Your Club's Manager, as a Player

On 26/06/2022 at 00:24, parsforlife said:

Its pretty hard to call Bullen a striker for us,  it was his position when he came in, but he played everywhere.  Long time ago but I'd say his best games were at full back.

That's a bold statement.

Bullen was a good player for us, at a time when money was getting thrown around at ridiculous levels and we were the fourth best side in Scotland he still picked up game time, then went down and played at a good level for Sheffield Wednesday. 

I do feel that the opprobrium that one could normally expect to be directed towards that great champion of workers rights and the saviour of the Scottish national team has been understated at best on this thread and if that signals an era of greater harmony, who could find fault with that?

3 hours ago, sophia said:

I do feel that the opprobrium that one could normally expect to be directed towards that great champion of workers rights and the saviour of the Scottish national team has been understated at best on this thread and if that signals an era of greater harmony, who could find fault with that?

Is that Jason Statham in your avatar? What was he doing in Inverness?

23 hours ago, sophia said:

Those commentators 😂

• 1 year later...

Bump!

How would you rate them now? For me it is as follows:

1. Duncan Ferguson

2. Lee Bullen

3. Ian Murray

4. Jim McIntyre

5. James McPake

6. Kris Doolan

7. Jim Goodwin

8. Rhys McCabe

9. Dougie Imrie

10. Vacant

You could make a pretty decent team from the managers in the Championship (when they were in their prime).

Edited by DA Baracus

13 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Bump!

1. Duncan Ferguson

2. Lee Bullen

3. Ian Murray

4. Jim McIntyre

5. James McPake

6. Kris Doolan

7. Jim Goodwin

8. Rhys McCabe

9. Dougie Imrie

10. Vacant

You could make a pretty decent team from the managers in the Championship (when they were in their prime).

I can only really remember Bullen pitching up at Falkirk when he was 35/36ish so can’t comment on how good he was

I agree with most of your list but I’d be tempted to put Imrie above McCabe possibly? Imrie played in the premier league/premiership for us, St Mirren and Hamilton.

Whereas McCabe played 40 times for Sheff Wed in the English championship and the rest of his career was in Scottish champ, league 1 and league of Ireland.

13 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Bump!

1. Duncan Ferguson

2. Lee Bullen

3. Ian Murray

4. Jim McIntyre

5. James McPake

6. Kris Doolan

7. Jim Goodwin

8. Rhys McCabe

9. Dougie Imrie

10. Vacant

James McPake above Doolan is a wild shout. Would have Doolan above him and McIntyre.

McPake above anyone other than McCabe is a wild shout. Spent a decent amount of his career in the top flight but was abysmal in every season he had there whenever he was actually fit, whereas Goodwin and Imrie were decent bottom six players.

18 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Bump!

1. Duncan Ferguson

2. Lee Bullen

3. Ian Murray

4. Jim McIntyre

5. James McPake

6. Kris Doolan

7. Jim Goodwin

8. Rhys McCabe

9. Dougie Imrie

10. Vacant

Not having James McPake as a better defender than Kris Doolan was striker. Probably harsh on Imrie to be effectively last too.

Edited by JagsCG

5 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

McPake above anyone other than McCabe is a wild shout. Spent a decent amount of his career in the top flight but was abysmal in every season he had there whenever he was actually fit, whereas Goodwin and Imrie were decent bottom six players.

McPake was excellent and a stand out defender the season we finished top 6 so that's not quite true. Also seems to be fondly thought of at Coventry when they were in the Championship I believe.