Fourth Division 22/23

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Spyro said:

What happened today @HorseyGhirl?

Was just going to say not to worry about Kilsyth and West Park as they're both probably 1st division teams, but that's a shocker today.

Maybe Easthouses were due someone a hiding as they seem to play better than the points they pick up along the way. 

Don't know as don't get to every game in Div 4. Have seen Threave enough to know they have a weakness, not telling. What I do know is Easterhouse are a good team, gave Kilsyth a tough game in September. They are a young side with lots of energy, have struggled with injuries since start of year after a good wee run. The top 6 in the Div are all at a good level.

I did think, along with others, that Threave would probs win every game till season end. Shows what I know. Opens up 3rd promotion spot, in reality 3pts separate Threave, St.Peters and Thorn. St.Peters have prob best run in, only West Park to play whereas other 2 have each other and top 2 to play. KA mathematically need 1pt and WP have a 9pt gap on the pack, so. The result has got people talking about Div 4 which is great, I have seen most teams and the quality has been very good, only maybe 3 teams that are struggling. Will do an end of season report, uninformed of course. 

Think it's a bit early to say where top 2 are at, what I will say is they both show consistency of levels and can grind out results when required which augurs well for them. 

I've said previously a lot of credit has to go to the West Management for opening up to these clubs. It would have been very easy for them to have made the ground criteria restrictive to new clubs. You lot in the other divisions have it good. Try standing in the cage at the Sportsfield anytime, when the wind and rain is trying to kill you. No cover  no toilets, no nothing, except good football. (Not a dig at Kilsyth, I know the Sportsfield intimately from coaching youth sides there a decade ago).

Edited by HorseyGhirl

Thought it would be a bit of fun to have an irreverent, maybe more irrelevant, look ahead to Sat Feb 18th games in Div 4. The 3 promotion places looked to be marked down for Kilsyth, West Park and Threave but as we all know Easterhouse decided to throw it all up in the air.

BSC v Rossvale Academy.  Campbeltown v Easterhouse.                          Harmony Row v Kilsyth Ath St.Peters v Eglinton.              Threave Rovers v Glenvale West Park v Thorn Ath

Harmony Row v Kilsyth.   KA require a single point to become the first promoted club in the West League's. Everyone will be fully aware of their form 1 draw in 18 games.            HR have had well publicised issues off the field and have on the whole had a bad season.    On opening weekend KA won 6-2.

West Park v Thorn is game of the day in what is their 1st meeting.                            WP have won all since a 3-2 reverse on gameday 4 at Kilsyth.                                Thorn have had 1 loss since early defeats to St.Peters and Threave, and are only team not to have been beaten by Kilsyth.      A thrilling encounter looks on the cards with both teams chasing promotion.

Threave v Glenvale.              Before last weekend Threave looked invincible but now? Have almost perfect home record in all comps,only those pesky Kilsyth boys have got anything at Meadow Park.  Glenvale are like a few teams Jekyll&Hyde, on any day can get a result.    On opening weekend 5-1 for Threave.

St.Peters v Eglinton.              St.Peters season was restarted last weekend and are very much in the hunt for promotion. Only defeats are to top 3.            Eglinton are another of the Jekyll&Hyde teams who can perform on their day.

BSC v Rossvale Academy.  Both mid table teams who have struggled against the teams above them. BSC have struggled after a promising start losing last 7 games.                        Rossvale have had some good wins but also some poor results and epitomise inconsistency.    BSC won 4-0 on opening weekend which highlights their decline.

Campbeltown/EasterhoosCP have had a hard season with only 1 win. It's difficult to judge fairly the impact all the travelling has had on them.                EFA after a tough start have impressed with some good performances and results.                            First meeting ended 1-1 in August.

Won't be doing any post match thoughts as that is covered more expertly by @GNU_Linux and @PG & Dak @SM Media.

I probably wouldn't do this again if I get red dotted to buggery. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

image.thumb.png.024c100b95b03bc1aff0e78d39a615a9.png

image.png.a9ad1fc85ab01aedfa4359da6db8d9f3.png

Interesting to note Threave were in two places at once as a Threave side also played St Cuthbert in a Southern Counties cup game.

If you look at team sheets on Threave Twitter it will tell a story.

Looks like it was usual suspects v Glenvale. 

At St.Cuthberts game not sure what side was put out. 

Didn't get to match today, dog had a play date in Carrutherstown, so would be Interesting to know which game Parker and Somerville where at.

Strange situation to my mind.

58 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

If you look at team sheets on Threave Twitter it will tell a story.

Looks like it was usual suspects v Glenvale. 

At St.Cuthberts game not sure what side was put out. 

Didn't get to match today, dog had a play date in Carrutherstown, so would be Interesting to know which game Parker and Somerville where at.

Strange situation to my mind.

Just found out team that played at St.Marys against St.Cuthberts was made up of under 17s and 'retired' players. Strange situation for Threave when they are fighting to get promotion.

Edited by HorseyGhirl