Fourth Division 22/23

13 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

You mentioned the term 'boys clubs' as a reason Harthill left an adult league. Not very respectful.

and what, that was commented and by the way, if a boys club leaves a youth league and joins a semi pro league do all of a sudden the boys team start playing semi pro level soccer.  The standard was low, very low.
I believe there were a few reasons and what if they thought it was a lot of boys teams and didn't fancy it again, especially that their team finished bottom of the league in a so called boys team.  As I said I was at quite a few of those game sin that division and yes quite a few boys clubs had made the move up and most didn't have any experienced players, mainly made up of youth players

8 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

and what, that was commented and by the way, if a boys club leaves a youth league and joins a semi pro league do all of a sudden the boys team start playing semi pro level soccer.  The standard was low, very low.
I believe there were a few reasons and what if they thought it was a lot of boys teams and didn't fancy it again, especially that their team finished bottom of the league in a so called boys team.  As I said I was at quite a few of those game sin that division and yes quite a few boys clubs had made the move up and most didn't have any experienced players, mainly made up of youth players

Well if they had just said; 'do you know what the move West hasn't worked out for us. We are not particularly enjoying it if we have the chance to go back East we should. Thank you WOS for allowing us to participate this year'.

Much classier yes?

Anyways the quality in Div 4 has been good this season with a number of excellent games on show from across the 'boys clubs'. 

Soz couldn't resist. 😁😁

20 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Errm sorry totally wrong...

My recollection was based on comments in a newspaper article that were posted on here. Might try to track it down if I have a bit of time. It made the announcement of Campbeltown Pupils' entry into the WoS somewhat amusing.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

My recollection was based on comments in a newspaper article that were posted on here. Might try to track it down if I have a bit of time. It made the announcement of Campbeltown Pupils' entry into the WoS somewhat amusing.

I believe you when you say it was a newspaper article but you should know as much as I and most people, believing news paper articles is not the best judgment call.   Travelling was not an Issue for Harthill at the time,  In fact, they went to Campbeltown and thought it was a great day out except the defeat think it was 5.4 or 4.3 cant remember but it was an exciting game on a hot sunny afternoon right to the end, that's for sure

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

10 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Hah, hah !!

Hovis guy caught out talking absolute long-winded yawn inducing shite. What a shock.

Lol. Lol. Lol. Etc.

Don't think I've been caught out anything - If you want to clarify, what is it I said that is wrong?.
Just so happens comments were made about Harthill and I know factually what was said as I was there.
I'm not part of any clique on here, part of any groups of fans who backs each other up and tries to put people down.  If its my view I will quite clearly state that, if its a FACT I will quite clearly state that also.   I do admit I find it funny as feck that I'm the one who was there, spoke with committee and fans and I've commented as much.  I do admit, if I am wrong,  believe it or not my balls are big enough to say I'm wrong on here, there are a lot who aren't.

2 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

@Black Pennel @jimbaxters I have read as much of yer man's posts as you can before your mind drifts off. He makes good points but never admits when he is in the wrong and sometimes resorts to low key abuse.

Anyway away and get your own arguments this is mine. 😄😄😄

I'm quite happy to let this trundle on

Where do I give anyone low key abuse?  please show me so that I can apologies to the so called intended person or persons
I am noted to putting a lot of information on, why as it makes sure either my view of the post is not misconstrued or if its FACTS, I'll give as much detail as possible>
If you want to give what you think is empowerment by adding others into your chat to put someone down, do so, I'll never resort to that

I think the fourth division is going to be a lot more interesting and exciting next season as the clubs in division 4 next season will be joined by the bottom 6 of division 3, a mixture of new and old clubs.  Regarding new additions or any new applications,  I've only heard, (not confirmed) of 5 new applications of which 3 were thrown out immediately and also that Giffnock taking over Harmony Row. Anyone know anyone else who is joining?

I wonder if any "old" Juniors will revive and join the WoS e.g. Bailieston. A while ago there was talk of them moving to improved facilities.

How many vacancies are there now in Division 4 for any new teams? It should go to 15 anyway with the planned relegations from Div.3 and promotions out of the division, unless Darvel can win the League so creating one more space. How many more can be fitted into the Division or would higher divisions be expanded to meet demand?

On 19/04/2023 at 11:27, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I think the fourth division is going to be a lot more interesting and exciting next season as the clubs in division 4 next season will be joined by the bottom 6 of division 3, a mixture of new and old clubs.  Regarding new additions or any new applications,  I've only heard, (not confirmed) of 5 new applications of which 3 were thrown out immediately and also that Giffnock taking over Harmony Row. Anyone know anyone else who is joining?

The usual rumours I’ve heard over the past few years, Ballieston coming back from the dead, even Third Lanark and Oban Saints 

20 minutes ago, JuniorRaver said:

The usual rumours I’ve heard over the past few years, Ballieston coming back from the dead, even Third Lanark and Oban Saints 

All the rumours 're Oban Saints seem to come from out with them. Know some folk in Oban and they have heard nothing 're a move to the West.

Probably waiting on VT confirming where they are located in the country before applying North or West. 😙😙😙

9 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

All the rumours 're Oban Saints seem to come from out with them. Know some folk in Oban and they have heard nothing 're a move to the West.

Probably waiting on VT confirming where they are located in the country before applying North or West. 😙😙😙

North by Northwest? 😂

The said in 2020 when the WOSFL was established they had no intentions, now Division 4 is up and running with teams who are probs at a similar level and stage, 

Campbeltown for example, have done it showing it’s not impossible for a team from a rural area to compete although it does come with its challenges 

4 minutes ago, JuniorRaver said:

North by Northwest? 😂

The said in 2020 when the WOSFL was established they had no intentions, now Division 4 is up and running with teams who are probs at a similar level and stage, 

Campbeltown for example, have done it showing it’s not impossible for a team from a rural area to compete although it does come with its challenges 

It has been hard at times for Campbeltown; with numbers, availability and postponements. Their final game at home being called off can't have helped. Thorn's reason is probably genuine as they did struggle to put out a team against West Park few weeks back. 

Genuinely hope they come back stronger next season as am a firm believer in football being for all parts of the country.

It might helpful them going forward if there are a few others from Argyll like Saints and the Star at Lochgilphead, both of whom are established and successful clubs and also a confirmed part of their community.

Football for everyone.

5 minutes ago, Josuke Higashikata said:

As HorseyGhirl says, I have heard nothing about Oban Saints. Not even Baillieston.

Stewarton United apparently wanted to apply in 2021.

Oban Saints will always be a fantasy for an away day, it might happen one day! 
Glasgow Wellington another team that could join or are they going SOS?

It is coming.

My end of season unofficial, and definitely ill-informed Division 4 Review.

But the boss has said I've got to start dinner, not tea it's called dinner.

2 minutes ago, JuniorRaver said:

Oban Saints will always be a fantasy for an away day, it might happen one day! 
Glasgow Wellington another team that could join or are they going SOS?

Oban some good wee drinking dens up there. This club someone mentioned earlier we can move the meetings around the country.

PUBHOPPERS.

Dukes have applied South, nothing but silence down here regarding that. I'll need to have a word with my sources this isn't good enough.

4 hours ago, JuniorRaver said:

I can't see Baillieston coming back in some shape or form,  I could be wrong but is there old park, station park now a housing estate, I'm sure it is and cant think of anywhere local a ground could be found. I think more clubs joining will be from boys clubs, that will bring their own positives and negatives but hopefully they will have kept an eye on others performing in the WOSFL, noticing what others have had to deal with, i.e. Rossvale, Harmony Row, West Park United, Bonnyton Thistle etc....   There could be rural team but I've not heard a thing so everything is guesswork. 

Campbelltown, bless them, they applied and got in, they have given confidence to, shall we say, rural clubs. They have a good wee park, well big park, trying to get everything running smooth and the look as if they are getting on well. I was there last year at a game and next work in line at the time was to finish the railing right round the whole park to separate fans from the playing surface.  I will say, for clubs like this, its will be hard to be competitive quality wise as in quantity to get for a higher league as they will mainly have to have locals who play for them and yes there are quality players in rural areas but the choice is this limiting them of all players of a certain high standard throughout the team.  This however should not stop teams joining and trying their best as it hasn't stopped Campbeltown and long may it continue.