Fourth Division 22/23

Congrats to Bailey, DD, Ben, Drew, all the guys behind the scenes and to the players on the park. There have been times your play has been a joy to watch and other times when it has been a struggle. The one constant has been your attitude; a group of guys who believe in themselves, each other and the coaches. 

You always try to play the game correctly and show respect to your opponents. Will enjoy following your journey in Div 3.

Fantastic achievement from Kilsyth. I saw them comfortably defeat Kilsyth Rangers in the West Cup back in October. On the park they'll be a great addition to the 3rd division. Just hope they can do something about their cage though, dreadful place to watch football

3 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Fantastic achievement from Kilsyth. I saw them comfortably defeat Kilsyth Rangers in the West Cup back in October. On the park they'll be a great addition to the 3rd division. Just hope they can do something about their cage though, dreadful place to watch football

You leave the Sportsfield alone wonderful place to get battered by the elements, I mean watch football.😊😊

Seriously though, the Athletic Committee have plans in place to upgrade facilities. Just takes time to get it in place. Hopefully over Spring/Summer shutdown we will see things happen.

2 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

You leave the Sportsfield alone wonderful place to get battered by the elements, I mean watch football.😊😊

Seriously though, the Athletic Committee have plans in place to upgrade facilities. Just takes time to get it in place. Hopefully over Spring/Summer shutdown we will see things happen.

Sorry, I maybe mistake but is KIlsyth Athletic park council owned?

10 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Sorry, I maybe mistake but is KIlsyth Athletic park council owned?

Fairly certain it is. Imagine Kilsyth will have some sort of lease on it. Similar situation I imagine to Gartcairn in Airdrie. They have done wonders there from when the Academy first moved in pre- juniors application.

9 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

image.thumb.png.1e3ed227a9e3929fa820eedc01b25181.png

image.png.459d2fdb5fee97ef2874516303943213.png

Rare sighting of Kilsyth dropping points.

For first time since pre Sept Weekend Kilsyth not top of league. Dropped 4pts to West Park 3pts!

Both teams have interesting run in.

Kilsyth away to West Park then home to Threave.

West Park after Kilsyth have 4 away games at St.Peters, Thorn, Threave finishing at BSC.

For 3rd promotion place;

St.Peters home to Easterhouse, away at BSC, home to West Park before ending at Eglinton.

Threave are at Harmony Row, home to BSC, up to Kilsyth before finishing home to Thorn and West Park.

Thorn are 8pts off 3rd place now and require above 2 to fall off a cliff.

Exciting run in.

Go Division 4.💥💥💥

Edited by HorseyGhirl

18 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

image.thumb.png.e64328dcbc52e955a00fcefa40add120.png

image.png.775027fd7d9cb31df741f0b15f2acbe2.png

Kilsyth finally fall. West Park in with a real chance of winning the league.

The phrase men v boys is correct way to describe the matchup at Huntershill today.

The gap between the top two was very evident. As expected West Park had too much of everything for Kilsyth. You need to earn the right to play good football, by doing the basics. West Park won every tackle and first to every ball. Stronger both mentally and physically earning the right to play good football. 

Both sides are decent footballing teams;

West Park have a good mix of youth and experience, with leaders in abundance and moving forward will probably look to strengthen further for Div 3 next season.

Kilsyth for the first time looked like a boys club. In contrast no-one stepped up to lead this team.

Maybe a tad harsh on Kilsyth but in Div 3 they will meet plenty of teams with experience and players not afraid to put in a shift in the trenches when necessary. Do their players have the gumption for this?

Edit: Am aware West Park not officially promoted but should be a formality.

Can't wait for @GNU_Linux to put results and table got an early start in the morning. The life of a horse dad. 

Congrats to West Park United on gaining promotion after today's game at St. Peter's.

Since the defeat to Kilsyth Ath., albeit under unusual circumstances they have been the best team in the league. They now have a nice mix of youth and experience; guile and grit.

Which for me has elevated them above Kilsyth, St. Peters, Threave and Thorn. I will go into that in more depth post season.

They have won games comfortably when able to and in the closer games have shown the desire and ability to get to the finish line.

Favourites for the league now, but will know they have to show the correct attitude again to finish top. I think they will and deservedly so.

16 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

image.thumb.png.e5171d83bc377004034629eeb02044bf.png

image.png.04c701b9c6a972fe6f3b8c41eb859487.png

West Park United secure the second promotion spot while Threave are in the drivers seat for the third & final spot.

Time will tell.

St Peter's are away to Eglinton & BSC to finish the season. Two games they should fancy their chances in.

Threave have: @ Kilsyth Athletic, Thorn Athletic, West Park, and @ Harmony Row. 

9 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Time will tell.

St Peter's are away to Eglinton & BSC to finish the season. Two games they should fancy their chances in.

Threave have: @ Kilsyth Athletic, Thorn Athletic, West Park, and @ Harmony Row. 

Results seem to indicate that the teams outwith the top 4 can beat one another regularly. Other than Easterhouse and Thorn the top 4 have a 100% record. 

Form suggests St. Peter's will finish on 49pts. Threave would then require 8pts from possible 12pts. (If goal diff is a factor then 7pts enough @Kennie?)

I feel max points against Kilsyth and Harmony Row, a loss to West Park. Thorn should be a win but depends on which Thorn turn up.

Would give Threave 51pts.

Whomever, out of St.Peters and Threave miss out, will rightly feel gutted. Potentially a long summer for the 4th team and with the increased numbers from Div 3 and potential newbies, could be a tough league to get out of going forward. 

As Div 4 Cheerleading Captain, Bring It On films were on during the week, will keep banging that drum.

Might not have time tomorrow so.

I can see West Park wrapping up the title this Sat.

Yes they have a potentially toughie @ Thorn, but throughout the campaign have always had the edge over their opponents; so West Park win.

Threave have the culture shock visit to the illustrious Sportsfield. It's a must win game for them and feel that Kilsyth have nothing left in the tank; so Threave win.

These 2 results would give WP the title.

I await to be proved wrong of course.

Edited by HorseyGhirl

9 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Might not have time tomorrow so.

I can see West Park wrapping up the title this Sat.

Yes they have a potentially toughie @ Thorn, but throughout the campaign have always had the edge over their opponents; so West Park win.

Threave have the culture shock visit to the illustrious Sportsfield. It's a must win game for them and feel that Kilsyth have nothing left in the tank; so Threave win.

These 2 results would give WP the title.

I await to be proved wrong of course.

The Thorn have a lot of players missing this week.

West Park have been the best team I have seen this season

1 hour ago, Uncle Scan said:

The Thorn have a lot of players missing this week.

West Park have been the best team I have seen this season

Also just found out Kilsyth are on the lash Sat after the game.

West Park have definitely been the most consistent; a lot of that for me is they have some experience to go with the youth. Other than Threave a lot of the others are all under 25 and even younger.