Fourth Division 22/23

1 hour ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Don't know what this means for the WoS team as I think they've been operating as pretty much their own entity this season anyway, but a staggering decision regardless.

I'd assume the WOS team will need some kind of name change in future. There's also the question of a ground going forward as they were in the process of doing up Sir Alex Ferguson  Park to WOS standard. The context of this tweet makes a bit more sense now:

Edited by GNU_Linux

On 06/09/2022 at 22:08, GNU_Linux said:

I'd assume the WOS team will need some kind of name change in future. There's also the question of a ground going forward as they were in the process of doing up Sir Alex Ferguson  Park to WOS standard. The context of this tweet makes a bit more sense now:

If what I'm reading up on all of this and speaking to others, then it all it sounds like just a common thread.

Academy team starts a senior team and funds it, obviously hoping for sponsorship but as the first team grows, more money is required to fund the first team and to a certain extent, the u20s and this causes problems.
There is a lot more detail to this and obviously power struggles ensue, disappointingly of all the problems the main message sending out is that if you're a young Harmony Row player with an academy team then you will realize that once you're ready to go to Under 19s then you have to leave the club as there is nothing higher as the Academy have also moved on the Under 35s and worse, the under 19s.

Such a shame that all these young players dreams of making the senior level dashed due to politics

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

If what I'm reading up on all of this and speaking to others, then it all it sounds like just a common thread.

Academy team starts a senior team and funds it, obviously hoping for sponsorship but as the first team grows, more money is required to fund the first team and to a certain extent, the u20s and this causes problems.
There is a lot more detail to this and obviously power struggles ensue, disappointingly of all the problems the main message sending out is that if you're a young Harmony Row player with an academy team then you will realize that once you're ready to go to Under 19s then you have to leave the club as there is nothing higher as the Academy have also moved on the Under 35s and worse, the under 19s.

Such a shame that all these young players dreams of making the senior level dashed due to politics

I can get it if only the first team was being scrapped but they are also doing away with everything above under 18s and their ladies team but it makes no sense and I doubt it only has to do with a senior team as my understanding there was no funding required from Harmony Row and they were self sufficient.

I believe that it is more to do with individuals and not money.

4 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I can get it if only the first team was being scrapped but they are also doing away with everything above under 18s and their ladies team but it makes no sense and I doubt it only has to do with a senior team as my understanding there was no funding required from Harmony Row and they were self sufficient.

I believe that it is more to do with individuals and not money.

From what I have learned it is both and that's all I know. I will say that we are both in agreement, there is a lot more too it but at the end of the day it's the young teams who are at a critical age who are going to suffer.  God knows how the coaches at u18s and U17s must be feeling right now  ☹️

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Thorn Athletic v Campbeltown Pupils this Saturday (1st October) is listed as at Ferguslie Park (3G pitch, Glenvale).

Same venue Thorn used for their previous Home game, having used different ones for each of their first 3 Home fixtures.

I had thought Thorn's own revamped pitch might have been ready in time for this one - posts on social media commented that it had already grown enough to have been cut a few times.

On 28/09/2022 at 00:25, LeedsPhil said:

Thorn Athletic v Campbeltown Pupils this Saturday (1st October) is listed as at Ferguslie Park (3G pitch, Glenvale).

Same venue Thorn used for their previous Home game, having used different ones for each of their first 3 Home fixtures.

I had thought Thorn's own revamped pitch might have been ready in time for this one - posts on social media commented that it had already grown enough to have been cut a few times.

Still to put in a rail around the pitch

8 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Be highly surprised if Threave Rovers were ever to see Tier 6 via the Wosfl.

Then again if maybe our top 10 Wosfl clubs leave on an upwards journey who knows.

I'd say they'll see it. That doesn't mean they'll stay there for any prolonged period of time.