June 2022 News from AGM

The WoSFL Cup draw wasn't made today. The clubs were all informed at the AGM that two clubs had indicated their intentions to appeal against decisions of the Discipline Committee, so the draw had to be postponed.

7 minutes ago, glensmad said:
26 minutes ago, Yalay said:
How many will be promoted from the Fourth Division?

Does that mean it's 6 down from the Third Division? Or possibly as many as 8 in the event of a net gain of two clubs?

7 minutes ago, glensmad said:

The WoSFL Cup draw wasn't made today. The clubs were all informed at the AGM that two clubs had indicated their intentions to appeal against decisions of the Discipline Committee, so the draw had to be postponed.

Shouldn't it be the case that before a case is accepted for appeal there have to be valid grounds for appeal. I mean the constitution clearly states that they should be banned so on what grounds can they appeal. 

Should it not be the case that the league should not accept the appeal?

Shouldn't it be the case that before a case is accepted for appeal there have to be valid grounds for appeal. I mean the constitution clearly states that they should be banned so on what grounds can they appeal. 

Should it not be the case that the league should not accept the appeal?
The appeal is to the Scottish FA, the league does not have the power to block an appeal.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

The appeal is to the Scottish FA, the league does not have the power to block an appeal.

Thanks for the update, then the SFA shouldn't be taking it but knowing the way they operate I am not surprised. 

Both clubs should be ashamed of themselves. One pulled out because they thought they were getting promoted and the other because 2 many players were drunk/hungover/still away because of a European final. Both teams are treating the league with utter contempt imo.

13 hours ago, glensmad said:
14 hours ago, Yalay said:
How many will be promoted from the Fourth Division?

I'm a bit confused easily these days

Was the rule that division 4 was a development league and a team can only be promoted if they pass the criteria to become a Full WOSFL member club. If i remember correctly one of the new rules was that a new registered club in Division 4 would be given two years grace to get their park sorted and that they should own the park to become full members or have I got this wrong.

If it does exists does the EOSFL have any such law as well as the WOSFL.
Just realized, relegation from division 3 depends on other divisions relegations so is division 3 to be back to a 16 team league as they have 19 for season 22/23

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

50 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Was the rule that division 4 was a development league and a team can only be promoted if they pass the criteria to become a Full WOSFL member club. If i remember correctly one of the new rules was that a new registered club in Division 4 would be given two years grace to get their park sorted and that they should own the park to become full members or have I got this wrong.

It was never a hard and fast rule. Some leeway was give due to the level of interest, and COVID etc.

It's hard to tell from social media but most last season's Division 4 clubs have mentioned being voted in as full members showing they've met the minimum requirements for membership. And it seems like the new clubs have been accepted as full members as well.

50 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

If it does exists does the EOSFL have any such law as well as the WOSFL.

The EoSFL have their membership criteria. Going forward I imagine the WoSFL will be enforcing theirs from now on as well.

2 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I'm a bit confused easily these days

I don't believe that's a rule in any league in Scotland. Or indeed the UK.

11 minutes ago, kevsmart said:

image.thumb.png.74e64d7cf8649cbd6a450289d3914c65.png

The person/people updating Wiki tend to be working off the same knowledge that exists in the public domain and making their own assumptions.

For instance i'm not really how the 3rd Division would get to a point where they need to relegate an additional 3 teams since the Lowland can only relegate 2.

44 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

I don't believe that's a rule in any league in Scotland. Or indeed the UK.

Making ground ownership a requirement would exclude a huge number of clubs at practically all levels in Scotland. Most leagues seem to have rules about access to a ground and security of tenure if it's leased, which doesn't seem unreasonable.