Third Divison 22/23

44 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Gow 0 Vale of Clyde 2

Another frustrating no show against one of the top teams in the league. It didn't help when Gow were reduced to ten men midway through second half but to be honest we weren't making any serious attempt with the full compliment 

Considering the Gow needed something from the game today, it was a poor performance.

I have to agree bud first half Vale were very much on top scored two goals and deserved their lead at half time. Second half the Gow were back in it much more even and they missed a great throughMcStay but what was Coffey thinking about throwing a punch in front of the referee game done then great three points for the new management on to Royal Albert next week at home Mon E Tin Pail……

LARKHALL THISTLE 4    DALRY THISTLE  0

In a battle of the Thistles, the originals won with something to spare. Excellent performance despite missing chances.

With other teams at the top dropping points, a good day.

1 hour ago, Argushenrik said:

I have to agree bud first half Vale were very much on top scored two goals and deserved their lead at half time. Second half the Gow were back in it much more even and they missed a great throughMcStay but what was Coffey thinking about throwing a punch in front of the referee game done then great three points for the new management on to Royal Albert next week at home Mon E Tin Pail……

The Gow were a bit more dogged in second half but bar the McStay chance, we didn't threaten your lead at all. Which as far as I'm concerned isn't good enough, considering the importance of the match.

37 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

I'm just looking at the table. Some sides have 16 games to play by the looks of it, given that few, if any, clubs have floodlights, does this mean they will have to play on two consecutive days to complete the season? 

The clocks change next week and the midweek fixtures have already been scheduled

39 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

I'm just looking at the table. Some sides have 16 games to play by the looks of it, given that few, if any, clubs have floodlights, does this mean they will have to play on two consecutive days to complete the season? 

Fixtures are upto 27/05 on the website. That's 10 weekends between now and then. It's about to get lighter towards the end of that. Plus a lot of the higher tiers will have stopped by then. So might benefit from more casuals turning up despite being midweek.

47 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

I don't really see this as a problem at this time as this is the norm every season, and the clocks go back soon so midweeks games are already scheduled in I bet

8 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I don't really see this as a problem at this time as this is the norm every season, and the clocks go back soon so midweeks games are already scheduled in I bet

Vale of Clyde with the most games to play have all games scheduled in just a very busy April and May which was often the normal in the Juniors. I am guessing will the WOSFL will want all games finished by 27th May but if has to go into early June if any more postponements then would just have to instead of loads of Monday night games as we all hated them 10 years or so ago!!

Once get down to 16 team leagues then be easier next season.

Screenshot_20230319-225148__01.jpg

Edited by Shannon

Vale of Leven v Larkhall Thistle this Saturday tickets on sale here: https://app.fanbaseclub.com/Fan/Tickets/SelectType?fixtureId=2571

Or you can secure your admission to the Vale's five remaining games and get five games for the price of four here: https://app.fanbaseclub.com/Fan/SeasonTickets/ChooseQuantity?ticketId=997&clubId=164

18 hours ago, Shannon said:

Vale of Clyde with the most games to play have all games scheduled in just a very busy April and May which was often the normal in the Juniors. I am guessing will the WOSFL will want all games finished by 27th May but if has to go into early June if any more postponements then would just have to instead of loads of Monday night games as we all hated them 10 years or so ago!!

Once get down to 16 team leagues then be easier next season.

Screenshot_20230319-225148__01.jpg

100% agree, once this division gets down to 16 teams then it will be easier, but the WOS is embryonic and has continued to do so since its inception.  Get a feeling the WOS might consider either the season can start a few weeks earlier or play more midweek games at the start until light starts to fail with darkness coming in earlier

1 hour ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Vale of Leven 1-0 Larkhall Thistle 

An absolute battle and we come out on top. A fantastic three points and a huge boost in our fight for survival. 

20230325_135933.jpg

A mixture of missed chances, goaline clearances, and a fluke goal did for the Jags today. Not impressed with Vales constant timewasting

29 minutes ago, larkyforever said:

A mixture of missed chances, goaline clearances, and a fluke goal did for the Jags today. Not impressed with Vales constant timewasting

It sounds like this VOL side are guilty of time wasting at every opportunity….they revel in spoiling good games….their actions kill games and constantly wanting people booked shocking…..must come from the coaching staff their behaviour off the park is attrocious…..this season assistant manager got himself involved in a wee skirmish which saw two red cards…..not a nice side at all…imho cheers

Carluke Rovers 3 Gow 2

Rovers got an early goal, then followed by penalty to make it two. Gow centre half sent off, double booking, booked for penalty then red for dissent to ref, should know better.

Gow battled away in second half, you would have thought Rovers were the man down. Gow brought  it back to 2-2.  Rovers caught Gow chasing third, and made it three.

Sore one but only ourselves to blame.