Third Divison 22/23

Pt Glasgow 1 Lanark 7

First time I can recall us getting points down there. We should have been in double figures today. We missed seven clear cut chances.  Hat trick for Chucky Watt including a beautiful lob.

Shout out for the pie. Lovely and hot too!

I see AWR also won 1-7 today so it should be interesting between us next week.

17 hours ago, Father Ted said:

VOL 2 Gow 3

Scrappy game. Three penalties, two for Vale, one for us. Gow never really hit top gear but did enough.

Vale battled away well.  

Was at the game myself. Pretty much how I called it. 

2 hours ago, Wild Winton Rover said:

Winton Park in good condition right now and with no expected drop in temperature expected to Saturday, should see the match going ahead 

WoSFL Third Division Poster Lanark Home_pages-to-jpg-0001.jpg

Snow has started here and is lying so the prudent decision taken would seem to be paying off. Fingers crossed.

Gow 3 Lugar BT 0

The Gow got an early goal and never looked back. Lugar had sporadic attacks throughout but fizzled out due to poor finishing and a resolute Gow rearguard.

A further two goals early in the second half finished it off as a contest. The Gow could have easily taken it into double figures if it wasn't for some dodgy offside calls and some poor finishing.

All in all, a good performance.

Ardrossan 4 Lanark 0

Worst performance of the season. We never turned up. Pass marks only to the keeper and the 4 subs who came on at ht when it was already 3-0.

Didn't have a meaningful shot on target.

Our two first choice full backs out injured and, for me, amongst others, a couple of surprising omissions , particularly considering the opposition and we were away from home.

Met 2 VoC fans who asked us to explain how we had gone into the game top of the league. It wasn't easy on the back of today's performance.

Edited by bc57

4 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

image.thumb.png.a93d4a62d5b75a5929510cd6e6f8b481.png

image.png.97c0b0332fad7bb5fe65f1972586ff9f.png

This league is one of the most intriguing leagues in the West with 6 battling out for 3 promotion spots with any dropped points being a mini crisis for the teams like Lanark today who were top and looked a near stick on for picking up a promotion spot then after today it looks like they are looking over their shoulder and could well miss out. A lot of games still to be played though and a winning run can get any of the 6 into top 3.

18 minutes ago, bc57 said:

VoC management team leaving at this stage of the season is a big shock, to me at least, particularly given their potential to finish the season as champions.

Possibly they felt the opportunity to step up three leagues might not be there for them at the end of the season ?

Kello Rovers v Vale of Leven this Saturday is now Vale of Leven v Kello Rovers at the Cheaper Insurance Direct Stadium in order to get the fixture played. We'll visit Kello in a few weeks and hopefully the weather will have improved. 

Buy your tickets here: https://app.fanbaseclub.com/Fan/Tickets/SelectType?fixtureId=2572

Gow 0 Vale of Clyde 2

Another frustrating no show against one of the top teams in the league. It didn't help when Gow were reduced to ten men midway through second half but to be honest we weren't making any serious attempt with the full compliment 

Considering the Gow needed something from the game today, it was a poor performance.