Third Divison 22/23

12 hours ago, Stormrelic said:

Lanark Utd 2 Carluke Rovers 3

A fantastic hard fought win for Carluke today , Carluke turned up with only 12 players due to a tummy bug going through the team & a couple other players injured so I wasn't expecting what actually happened.
Lanark started the brightest & controlled the first 15 mins & got a very soft penalty which they scored ,Carluke came back into the game & got the equaliser & both sides went in at half time equal ,Lanark came out the blocks again & took the lead then with about 20 mins to go Carluke got a great equaliser & pushed hard for the winner which they got with about 5 mins left ,by this time the Lanark team looked dead on their feet & Carluke held on for a great win .

Can't disagree with any of this. Carluke did very well today, particularly with their challenges with squad numbers.  It was a penalty but it was weak and it was very unfortunate. Carluke took their chances and we missed a pile, although I can't recall the Carluke keeper having a save to make.  Shocking performance by us. Shipping way too many goals. The good news is we are creating chances but not taking them.

Lanark 2 Bellshill 1

Another closely contested game which I felt we shaded. Fairly even first half where our visitors missed two good chances and we had one cleared off the line plus a goal disallowed that was definitely onside ( we were exactly in line).

2nd half, we went 1-0 up courtesy of our player manager Simon Eeles ( as fit as anyone on the field despite his 'seniority') and  then 2-1 ,  this week managing to hold our lead. We missed two excellent chances plus the Bellshill keeper made one very good save.

Bizarre booking for their manager after only about 15 minutes for hoofing the ball back onto the park. Crazy reaction so early in the game.

Wasn't sure where to put this as it's a cup tie but hearing Lesmahagow are looking to get Saturdays cup tie with Whitletts Victoria postponed due to the majority of the squad coming down with violent diarrhea.
That hit Carluke a couple weeks ago before we played Lanark ,managed to get 12 players & played the game although at one point I was told we only had 9 available.

Larkhall Thistle 4-1 Vale of Leven.
Bit of a sore one today, thought the scoreline was a bit harsh, but no complaints, Larkhall deserving of their win.
20221119_133808.thumb.jpg.f16fff38a55afa5396ccb53702c2d12f.jpg
Was a good game,but you are right was the correct scoreline,we never looked liked losing the game,all the very best in your anniversary year

Yet another 'proper' Junior game at Lugar today. 

Lanark missed a sitter in the first minute and the game fizzed until the full time whistle on 94 mins.

We were 1-0 and 2-1 down. Our first two goals were absolute crackers. Went in at 2-2 and , surprisingly for us came out in the 2nd half on the front foot and were 2-4 up after 55 mins. We lost goals within 2 mins of scoring our 4th and 5th goals. Crazy defending.

Typical of the Juniors, we were 4-5 up and our wing backs were bombing forward in the 89th minute! 

Great game made better by an excellent pie - I confess going for a 2nd , for the first time ever (honestly) on 30 mins only to find they were sold out. Things are meant to be for a reason!

3 hours ago, larkyforever said:

Never knew that. You are a great and famous club.

Thanks for the kind words. 

Larkhall is always one of my favourite away days, great people and a well run club. Lovely touch presenting us with the plaque to mark our anniversary yesterday. All the best for the season, I'm sure you'll be up challenging at the top.

1 hour ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Thanks for the kind words. 

Larkhall is always one of my favourite away days, great people and a well run club. Lovely touch presenting us with the plaque to mark our anniversary yesterday. All the best for the season, I'm sure you'll be up challenging at the top.

Cheers. Lots of new Clubs now, they will need to be around a very long time to match the Vales and the Thistles distinguished histories, with both clubs early pioneers of the game.